Stewart Title Employee Reviews

Great
Escrow Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
Team players from the entire company. Very friendly staff and was always ready to give a hand whenever you were backed-up or just needed anything. Typical day was from 8AM to 5PM. You could stay late if you wanted, but if def, was not needed. Good company.
Quality work place
Corporate Counsel - Direct Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Experienced team of title insurance professionals stays current with the latest industry changes and offers the guidance needed to get the real estate deal done with best closing possible.
Stewart Title believes in building strong relationships and partnerships at every closing, every transaction and every deal. Associates work hard to enable and protect real estate ownership for residential and commercial customers; been doing so for nearly 125 years.
Pros
Typical 40 hour work week
Cons
Activist investor group
Outdated technology/toxic work environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2018
Loved my job, did not like the management. Escrow manager cussed non stop and would talk nonsense about agents behind their backs but he all lovey dovey to their face. Cut throat environment, technology is years behind everyone else. Computers would stall constantly and tech support was, you guess it; in another country.

The office I worked in had last people in it that would spend their time doing personal things all day and they were always late. Extreme lack of professionalism. Direct supervisor was a joke but local president was super nice.
Pros
Pay, benefits, job function
Cons
Outdated technology, toxic work environment, unprofessional
very structured
Recruiting Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
A very structured environment. Micromanaged and and great pay and benefits. Too many meetings and high turnover. Too many contract workers. Lunch is provided during meetings at times and you are always busy
Pros
Lunch is provided often
Cons
Too many meetings
Good work enviroment
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Fast paced and rewarding work environment that provide the ability to learn new concepts daily to improve productivity. Company that has supervisors readily available to assist with all question giving employees a level on confidence that they will receive the necessary training and supervision to be succesful
Pros
commission paid weekly
Cons
Na
Stewart Title
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
Stewart Title - underwriting firm. They do underwriting for real estate transactions and work with escrow agents and financial institutions to provide:CPL's, Jackets, closing docs, eNotary and eClosings.
Pros
Casual attire at some offices
Productive, Teamwork, Culture, Friendly Atmosphere
Admin Assistant / Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2018
The people at Stewart are what makes this job so fun. We are a blend of young and old, a well balance between work and play. We have fun collaborating, working as a team for the benefit of our clients, enjoying free lunch during month end crunch time, employee bowling nights, bar cart on special occasions and fun music playing around the office. The location is great here! Right in the middle of San Diego with bright windows to let in tons of sun shine.
Pros
People, locations, environment, learning
Cons
Busy atmosphere and stressed out realtors
Worked from hom
Title Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 19, 2018
I was a work at home associate, They were happy with my production from home anytime we had a review. We had weekly phone conferences with our manager and the rest of our team.
Stewart Title
Loss mitigation specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
Stewart title was the ideal Job, a lovely environment and the atmosphere, although, fast-paced, was awesome. My managers were the best. The only down side to this job is it was on six months and off six months there was no stability, they will call you back when there was a new assignment, however I require stability in my later years, need something more secure.
Pros
Always fast paced and fun
Cons
Seasonal
People Were Nice
Senior Application Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
Only speaking of the IT Sector

A lot of nice, competent people, then management fired a good percentage and hired far more junior people which created chaos.
Relaxed position..was able to get my step son hired on.
Prepared Loan Titles (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
Management took me in after working with one of the bosses at Commonwealth Mortgage.
I was assigned to prepare loan titles. My daily work consisted of calling the courts and investors to retrieve all lost documents. The position was repetitive but allowed for friendships to develop through the many calls to the courts and investors.
The atmosphere was relaxed with an occasional themed party for a birthday or holiday.
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all friendships and to the work force in general and venturing in a new career to become a stay home mom and wife after the birth of my second son.
Pros
Was able to get my step son hired on to work in the mail room while attending college full time
Cons
Saying goodbye to the outside work force all together
Qualified candidate
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
Stewart was an Awesome work place. A lot about Mortgage documents. Detail oriented with proactive approach to problem solving and prevention workplace
Great Company
Senior Mortgage Underwriter Due Diligence Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2018
Awesome place to work!! Everyone was a team player..Some days were stressful but having co workers willing to have your back makes stress easier to deal with !
Great Company
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 23, 2018
Day a stewart we talk to customer and Lenders, the work is not overwhelming and the manager assist you with everything that you need or help with. The people are very nice and great place
No comment
Ex Admin Sale Dept & President (Former Employee) –  5000 Birch Street Ste 550, Newport Beach, CA 92660March 20, 2018
-I enjoyed working with my coworkers
-Management was very inspirational
-My direct boss the President of the west coast region gave me great tools through the years that I can use in my future career options
Post-Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2018
At Stewart we take pride in building long lasting relationships with our clients. Customer service is our top priority! Being a team and working together to make every closing a success is what we do.
Pros
Very busy and at times stressful.
Cons
They treat their employees like family.I truly enjoy my job and coming to work each day
Too many hours without proper management
Escrow Assistant and Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 12, 2018
My time at Stewart Title was competitive and lacked proper training. I enjoyed the actual work and have continued in the Title Business. The manager i worked with was extremely hostile and condescending to all of the staff.
Long Busy Stressful Days
Escrow Officer/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 9, 2018
I have long stressful day, with a lot to complete but busy is the only way to be. Every file is different and that makes the job fun learning something new.
Day to day activity at Stewart Title.
Payroll Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2018
Working was all about work, deadlines, and processing commissions and awards to be posted by the next pay cycle..

Mistakes on time cards when it was employee;s mistakes had to process manual checks. This was a regular occurrence. There was no accountability on the employee for turning in correct.
Great Staff and Manager
Escrow Officer (Current Employee) –  Floater - Ghost closerMarch 3, 2018
The staff is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. New software that is making life much easier. Lot of assistance should you need it and really great loyal clients.
Pros
Lots of knowledge, approachable management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart Title. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight