STIHL Inc Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Automation Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2018
STIHL,Inc was a great place to work, with great benefits. If I didn't have major family problems I would still be there today. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
For me I have to drive an hour
Excellent freedoms and benefits with a loose schedule structure.
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2018
The expectation for weekly reports, daily CRM updates and travel schedule were burdensome. Time spent on the road for class schedule and dealership visits along with expected quarterly account meetings was high. I honestly did not do well in such a loos structure of employment. I prefer high stress and high paced work environments with focus on details and production or constant networking and p2p environments. Teaching was a big plus for me. Benefits were wonderful and the compensation was what I was expecting.
Pros
Excellent schedule flexibility and time off
Cons
Travel and reporting requirements
Opportunities are available if you seek them out and work for them.
Production (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2018
Many disciplines are available on one campus allowing many areas to branch out into. Opportunities exist for everyone from production workers to managers.
horrible place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 3, 2018
I do not recommend working here. You have no rights when working here, they can change you job and shift at will.The management is horrible...........
Pros
you get a paycheck
Cons
many
Good company
Order Inquiries (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2018
offered a lot of company benefits, in my opinion better than other jobs, good work life balance. my only complaint was that management showed favoritism towards some
Pros
great people good benefits
Cons
favoritism towards some employees
True team working environment.
Night Shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 5, 2018
Only employed 5yrs. and left with 15yrs. of knowledge and personal growth. A great organization to be a part of in an awesome location. The facility I worked in was very clean and organized, all facets of the organization were pulled together to make things happen.
Pros
Just about everything.
Cons
Had to leave.
Review
MATERIAL HANDLER/ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 1, 2018
Great company to work for from top to bottom, great compensation and benefits, very relaxed but fast paced. really enjoyed working there from day 1. AWESOME COMPANY
Fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 16, 2018
By far the best job I've had. Great hours and pay. Good family oriented company. Kept the moral of the company up. Learned how to make engines for weed eaters
Productive and quick-paced environment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 14, 2018
As an intern at STIHL, I learned a lot about professional office etiquette as well as how accounts payable functions at a large company. Interns also had a lot of volunteer opportunities that were extremely enjoyable and gave you a nice break from regular daily activities. A typical day as a finance intern consisted of review, posting, and filing invoices, as well as working with Excel to review gross margin data. The hardest part would be daily tasks are very vanilla and you are required to sit at your desk all day, but it is an office job. The most enjoyable part would definitely be the volunteer work as well as the people.
Great place to work in Virginia Beach
Mechatronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2018
A family oriented place with great career incentive. Everybody plays an important role here; respect is given up and down the chain. Best benefits in the area.
Challenging
Commodity Manager, Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Management Teams in Purchasing are very harsh; very political environment especially for male colleagues. Work is very interesting and working with the multi-national workforce is a plus
A place for young engineers to grow and advance
Engineering Quality & Reliability Internship (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 4, 2018
My time at STIHL Inc. was outstanding. I had strong leadership, guidance and flexibility to be creative and productive. I participated in many projects that benefited both the company and my growth as a young engineer. I would have stayed on with the company if I was not relocating. I highly recommend this company to anyone.
Great place to advance your career
Final inspector (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452December 3, 2017
Stihl cares about the employees they frequently have associate appreciation days the pay is good and the give employees opportunities to excel in the company
Pros
good pay great career
Cons
none just show up on time ready to work
managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 29, 2017
Management at my job was awesome they were very communicable and nice to the employees. If I had any issues I could go to him for help, and he would be there swiftly I could always count on him
Pros
relationship with manager
Cons
extreamly cold inside the building
very good place to work for full time employees.
Temporary employee through The Lee Group (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2017
Tech team exchanged the shift turn- over, along with any comments for unfinished projects. The most interesting part was trouble-shooting the electrical and mechanical malfunctions of the robotic stations, the blow mold and vibration mold welding stations. Repairing the support equipment was well within my experience.
Pros
Controlled enviroment heating and cooling
Cons
Because of internal changes parts were deleted or under wrong systems.
Good place to work , but poor and impartial leadership
Lead Raw Materials (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 14, 2017
Technology and equipment provided.

Leadership had personal agendas , showed impartial treatment to some and stepped over others.

Unskilled and under qualified Supervisor hand picked overtime assignments . Used emotions when making decisions instead facts and reason.

Senior Managers bullied department employees while promoting other employees
Pros
Morale events and bonuses
Cons
breaks shorten in half of dept, inskilled supervison
Fast pace daily
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 10, 2017
Clock in at 3:00 pm . Start working @3:05 .
Would do an check list on forklift / Yard truck .
Check with day shift on what is left to do on there shift an add it to my shift .
Would unload any deliveries that would show up before 5:00pm .
After 5:00pm get in yard truck an put up trailers / containers to dock doors .
Unload as many on my shift as possible then turn over to third shift .
Pros
Great Company to work for an fellow employees
Cons
Hot summers no A/C .Cold winters no heat in building or yard truck
Good Company but stressful
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 8, 2017
Met a lot of great people and enjoyed the friendships that were made. Hours were long and didn't make time for friends and family at times. Benefits and bonuses were good as well!
Fun job
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachMay 24, 2017
First place that gave me a chance afer high school. I'm grateful to this day. Many great personalities and people that I stay in contact with to this very day.
Built in cafeteria
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 7, 2017
Excellent staff and management, very clean, discreet factory. Very busy. Overtime when necessary and flexible hours. Not too stable as far as job security goes.
Pros
Excellent work ethic from multiple levels of staff
Cons
Difficult to get an interview