Stillwater Medical Group Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNDecember 22, 2018
I have worked at Stillwater Medical Group for 3 years. I work within in the pulmonary / sleep department 4 days a week and one day a week I am a float nurse. The staff at Stillwater Medical Group are professional and nice to work with.
Pros
I work within the pulm/sleep department 4 days a week
Cons
I was not able to work in pulm/sleep department 5 days a week
I liked my job and would still be there if I hadn't moved
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 15, 2018
You show up for work & you know what is expected from you. Stillwater Medical Group always wants the patent to come 1st. The call center was open from 7:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Used to be a good place to work at...
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 26, 2018
As the years passes, management is not caring for their employees anymore. All they care for is the money. They add so much work to the assists and still expects the assists to get all of the work completed. Depending on which department you work in, some employees are so lazy in doing their work and expects you to do it for them when you have time available. It's hard too even go to your current manager because they will just put you on the spot if you say something. Management need to stop adding all these new positions without hiring any new employees and overworking the current employees. Also, can I say that they always expects the assists to pick up shifts and help when they are short but they are never flexible when the assists needs a request. Don't fire people if you have no one to cover that position!! Management doesn't do the work that providers and assists have to do every day but always wants to change the process. Please don't fix things that are not broken! Also, management has everyone do all the work that Healthpartners do but we are NOT Healthpartners, only the doctors are part of them. The rest of us are only "affiliated" with Healthpartners which means that we do not get the pay or benefits that Healthpartners has.

Patient load has doubled because upper management only wants the revenue. Double booking providers almost every day because they let too many providers off.

I'm not saying that everything is bad. The past few years, I have had a great time with my coworkers and my provider. The Epic system is easy to use and has a great Epic specialist
  more... in the clinic. Also, if you work in the correct department, you will have wonderful coworkers who offers to help you if you need it.  less
Pros
Easy to use Epic, Majority of providers are very nice
Cons
short lunches with no one to cover, management, wages
poor management and no room for advancement
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 9, 2018
Horrible management and no support from management. No room for advancement. Poor raises and bad job atmosphere. Co workers and stuck up and are no team players. Management is all about the numbers not their employees.
Cons
Poor management
Stillwater Medical Group
Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 26, 2018
Stillwater Medical group strive for excellent patient experience and to be a top Clinic in MN. The Management is always looking to improve ways to provide great care to the patients and to support the employees.
Wonderful
Primary Care Float (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Overall I love working here! Great people to work with and enjoy what I do there. I don't think it can get much better than this, especially right....
Opportunities to change roles
Specialty operations coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 4, 2017
This clinic has a great reputation and work culture. I have learned how to do new things such how to do quality initiatives, care coordination, admin assist duties and clinical operations.
Pros
Cafe on site.
Cons
Insurance coverage.
Well organized work environment
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJune 6, 2017
Upper management made decisions to benefit themselves without thinking about the employees that work there. I believe most of those managers are no longer there.
I appreciated the learning opportunities I was given and learned many different positions and medical programs there.
Pros
learning oppurtunities if you seek them
Cons
upper management
Needs New Management
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMay 26, 2017
I have worked there for years and it is a sinking ship. I work in the call center and it has become an unrealistic job. They are "suggesting" that if there are too many calls in que, you shouldn't take your break because "breaks are optional." Management is never available when you need them and when they are available, they do not listen to your concerns. I also overheard our manager tell someone that they had the promotion, but they still had to interview others as a formality. If the manager doesnt like you, she lets you know. PTO is also very hard to take because they only let off a certain amount of people per day. Good luck ever getting a monday off. I would stay away until they get a new management team. I know of at least four people, myself included, looking for new jobs.
Pros
Co- workers, hours, benefits
Cons
Management, Low pay compared to other call centers
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 4, 2017
Overall I like this company. I have learned a variety of duties above and beyond my job description but the company does not pay me to do the extra duties. There is no room to advance my career either.
Pros
healthcare, hours, work with great people
Cons
no room for advancement
Relaxed work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 9, 2017
Some days are busier than others, there is a lot of orthopedic work.Everyone in the department is very nice and extremely helpful. Students use this clinic as a site to complete their Clinical Training and I find it very rewarding to help them and see them succeed and grow as new technologists.
For the most part, not bad
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 2, 2017
Since "big healthcare" stepped in a few years ago things have gone down hill. In my department there is no autonomy and no recognition for individual achievement. Employees on all levels are overworked and scarcely given a chance to breath between patients. This can only translate to dissatisfied patients as they are no longer individuals but dollar signs. The pay scale is below the average in the cities as it is in the outer suburbs. Thankfully I work with a close knit group of women who support each other and work well together.
Pros
Clean environment, ample work space, sit/stand work station
Cons
Lack of autonomy, heavy workflow
LPN (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Fast paced, family medicine clinic. Working with various patients with diverse backgrounds. Great place to learn to work with electronic medical records.
Expectations unrealistic, no support
Advanced practice provider (Former Employee) –  clinicSeptember 4, 2015
This was the worst job I ever had. I explained that I my back ground was narrow focused & I had not worked in general internal medicine previously. They didnt seem to believe me. The help/orientation i was told I would get disappeared after 2 weeks. Any questions or help I needed after that was met with impatience by my peers & interpreted as "struggling" by the supervising physician. Their expectation was that I would hit the ground running. Needless to day it was a disaster for me.
Pros
Cons
see above
Productive and easy to learn from staff
CMA, Depression case Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMay 28, 2015
Learned quite a bit from the physicians. People were quite easy to work with. I have helpful co-workers. Atypical day at work is reviewing my work day and colaborating with physicians and nursing staff on patient care. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the difference in the lives of my patients.
Pros
Easy to get time off when needed
Cons
Management was inconsisitant
Fast pace and social environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day would be coming in to work and checking the schedule and preparing what's needed for patients. Giving out immunizations and injections for pediatric patients. Also, receiving and making calls out to patient's parents with lab results and/or doctor's message. At the end of the day I would prep and clean the rooms and going through the next day schedule to make sure no labs needs to be order before patient arrives.
Pros
Working with pediatric patient's is a wonderful feeling, my doctor was a friendly and easy doctor to work with.
Cons
Unknown breaks due to long office visit with doctor and patients.
Worst place to work
Provider Assist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Co-workers were stuck up and not willing to help out as team players. With new employees, they didn't have a good training program just threw you to the ducks and said do it and do it right. Even when asked to train more they refused.
Pushy employer
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNDecember 2, 2014
I was fresh out of school when I was hired. I learned a lot and the providers are all great. All the co-workers are great as well. The turnover is high for all employees including managers. In the 4 years I had 5 managers and long gaps with no managers. You are not valued and the pay and benefits are low compared to other clinics. You are pushed to unreachable goals. There is no ability to move up.
Pros
Great fellow coworkers, pts are nice
Cons
Quick lunch breaks with no other breaks available
Management was lacking in leadership
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Stillwater,MNOctober 16, 2014
I loved my patients. It had potential to be a really good place to work, but they miss the bar with employee satisfaction.
Fun and up beat work place
Phlebotomist (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 27, 2013
SMG was an awesome place of employment! They worked with your personal schedule as much as possible and were family oriented. It was an upbeat place to work. You got to know the patients that came into the lab, but you didn't spend a lot of time with one patient. Not only were you a phlebotomist, you performed EKG's, spirometries, and drug testing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stillwater Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Stillwater Medical Group Reviews by Location