Stillwater Motors

Stillwater Motors Employee Reviews

Will make you feel like part of the family. Very low key and will help you along the way. Only bad part is it's a dealership Wich means you will have to work alot of holiday's but they will take care of you
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Holiday work
People in detail department were pleasant and fun to work with. Oddly contentious between departments for no apparent reason. Certain sales people seem to think they are your boss. Some of the higher ups are rather unsavory. Breaks are short, and higher-ups have approached me on break to say “get back to work”. Best part of the job is the food truck that comes every day selling lunch items, snacks, and drinks. Then again, if not for the food truck there would be no time to go and get anything to eat, so there’s that. Overall not a bad place to get your foot in the door with the auto industry.
Pros
Food truck, Occasional free food
Cons
No AC in detail shop
Great family run organization that truly cares about its employees. Most of their sales people have been with them for years and is a great indication of how they view their employees.
Pros
Great sales and service teams.
Cons
Could use more staff to support the volume of automobiles sold at the dealership.
daily work flow management . employee management . estimating of cars and trucks. ordering of supplies to keep shop moving forward as well as parts to repair customers cars . working with insurance companies to get what is needed for repairs.
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
worked with some bad employees
Stillwater motors is a very busy and fast pace environment. Being a retail automotive dealer most positions are incentive based. This may not be for everyone, but for some it creates some definite advantages. A majority of the people that work here have been here for years. Granted its not perfect but what is.
Pros
Inventory, newer facility
Cons
some positons are effected by the weather... Cold and snow. But the summer comes every year
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Stillwater Motors is an excellent work environment. It is very busy here most days, as they provide great pricing to attract customers. Management is supportive and works to help you succeed. The other employees like working here and it shows in the way they interact with each other and the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people every day and helping them find a vehicle that meets their needs. The hardest part of the job is working outside in bad weather, although being outside a lot (versus being stuck in an office) is also one of the many benefits to working here. Overall, it's a great place to work and I would recommend Stillwater Motors to friends who are looking for employment.
Pros
Family-owned, customer-oriented, management is helpful with issues
Cons
It's a sales business which means we are customer-dependent. That is to be expected in this business, though, so it's really not a negative.
Management out of touch with current work environment, and dealership life. Upper management is really in "charge" of each department, and managers are punching bags for the poor decisions, which they cannot control. Managers also don't back the employees they pay to be subject matter experts. Benifits are poor, health care costs go up as coverage goes down. Prepare for lots of down time and a constant revolving door of people coming and going.
Pros
Cons
Management, benefits and employment
Never in my life have I had a company legitimately not care about my well being or the hard work I put in there. The pay is not 10-15$ it’s 10$ an hour. Nothing more I genuinely hope people apply elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunches on some Saturday’s
Cons
Terrible pay
In business since 1922. Very well connected to the local community. Extremely supportive of local non-profits and events. Very committed to maintaining a family-like culture for clients and employees.
Good for high school students looking for some hours, not good for someone looking for hours though. Customers are rude so be prepared, some of the sales men are uncomfortable to work with as well.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Not nearly enough training, poor compensati
Wages increased for whole shop once in 6 years. Any insurance costs increased yearly. Management out of touch with auto tech's. Shop layout inefficient. Mandatory tech toolboxes poor condition. Any issues brought to managers were swept aside and nothing was accomplished. Owner/CEO micromanaged any department heads.
Pros
Cons
Managers unable to perform any improvements/low wages
This company would be a great place to start if you are in high school, or working during the summer. The pay and lack of sick leave or PTO or benefits make it a horrible place if you need to pay the bills. The environment there is also one of a lot of complaining people that hate being there, and gossip.
Working part time and when I had school off I worked full time. It was accommodating and well liked work environment especially in the office. Easy job to have while achieving my business degree.
Pros
Free Saturday lunches
Cons
Closed Sunday's
very poor place to work. I was guarnteed in writing to get three weks vacation but they only paid me for two. Had to take them to court to get the third. I a tech makes a mistake or accentally breaks something then the tech is responsible to pay for it even if it wasn't actually the techs fault.
Pros
new facillity
Cons
poor management, they lie to their employees
Typical day was getting cars and repairing what was wrong. The co-worker were great and always willing to help out. It was enjoyable seeing the customers happy and coming back and asking for me by name to fix their cars.
Pros
Steady work, Discounted prices
Cons
No raises
Scheduled appointments for clients, assessed there current service needs and future maintenance needs write up. Priorities the importance of there service needs along with current financials I managed 5-6 technicians and assigned daily workload, keeping there productivity to a minimum 75 percent, by selling addition work the technician suggested. Kept a clients apprised of the process and time allocations needed during repairs. Follow up with clients to assure repairs performed correctly, and client is satisfied. Hardest part, working 60-55 hours a week and raising a family by myself during that time.
  1. Employee Reviews