Stillwater Motors

Working at Stillwater Motors: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Family owned

Will make you feel like part of the family. Very low key and will help you along the way. Only bad part is it's a dealership Wich means you will have to work alot of holiday's but they will take care of you

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Holiday work

Classic Car dealership

People in detail department were pleasant and fun to work with. Oddly contentious between departments for no apparent reason. Certain sales people seem to think they are your boss. Some of the higher ups are rather unsavory. Breaks are short, and higher-ups have approached me on break to say “get back to work”. Best part of the job is the food truck that comes every day selling lunch items, snacks, and drinks. Then again, if not for the food truck there would be no time to go and get anything to eat, so there’s that. Overall not a bad place to get your foot in the door with the auto industry.

Pros

Food truck, Occasional free food

Cons

No AC in detail shop

Stillwater Motors insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Family run with since 1922

Great family run organization that truly cares about its employees. Most of their sales people have been with them for years and is a great indication of how they view their employees.

Pros

Great sales and service teams.

Cons

Could use more staff to support the volume of automobiles sold at the dealership.

gained valuable experiance

daily work flow management . employee management . estimating of cars and trucks. ordering of supplies to keep shop moving forward as well as parts to repair customers cars . working with insurance companies to get what is needed for repairs.

Pros

worked with good people

Cons

worked with some bad employees

Family ownerd since 1922

Stillwater motors is a very busy and fast pace environment. Being a retail automotive dealer most positions are incentive based. This may not be for everyone, but for some it creates some definite advantages. A majority of the people that work here have been here for years. Granted its not perfect but what is.

Pros

Inventory, newer facility

Cons

some positons are effected by the weather... Cold and snow. But the summer comes every year

Family-owned dealership that's customer-oriented

Stillwater Motors is an excellent work environment. It is very busy here most days, as they provide great pricing to attract customers. Management is supportive and works to help you succeed. The other employees like working here and it shows in the way they interact with each other and the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people every day and helping them find a vehicle that meets their needs. The hardest part of the job is working outside in bad weather, although being outside a lot (versus being stuck in an office) is also one of the many benefits to working here. Overall, it's a great place to work and I would recommend Stillwater Motors to friends who are looking for employment.

Pros

Family-owned, customer-oriented, management is helpful with issues

Cons

It's a sales business which means we are customer-dependent. That is to be expected in this business, though, so it's really not a negative.

Poor Management

Management out of touch with current work environment, and dealership life. Upper management is really in "charge" of each department, and managers are punching bags for the poor decisions, which they cannot control. Managers also don't back the employees they pay to be subject matter experts. Benifits are poor, health care costs go up as coverage goes down. Prepare for lots of down time and a constant revolving door of people coming and going.

Pros

Cons

Management, benefits and employment

Awful lead detailer and worse management

Never in my life have I had a company legitimately not care about my well being or the hard work I put in there. The pay is not 10-15$ it’s 10$ an hour. Nothing more I genuinely hope people apply elsewhere.

Pros

Free lunches on some Saturday’s

Cons

Terrible pay

Outstanding Family Owned and Operated Company

In business since 1922. Very well connected to the local community. Extremely supportive of local non-profits and events. Very committed to maintaining a family-like culture for clients and employees.

Okay

Good for high school students looking for some hours, not good for someone looking for hours though. Customers are rude so be prepared, some of the sales men are uncomfortable to work with as well.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Not nearly enough training, poor compensati

Low wages poor management

Wages increased for whole shop once in 6 years. Any insurance costs increased yearly. Management out of touch with auto tech's. Shop layout inefficient. Mandatory tech toolboxes poor condition. Any issues brought to managers were swept aside and nothing was accomplished. Owner/CEO micromanaged any department heads.

Pros

Cons

Managers unable to perform any improvements/low wages

Horrible Pay with no PTO

This company would be a great place to start if you are in high school, or working during the summer. The pay and lack of sick leave or PTO or benefits make it a horrible place if you need to pay the bills. The environment there is also one of a lot of complaining people that hate being there, and gossip.

Great work environment

Working part time and when I had school off I worked full time. It was accommodating and well liked work environment especially in the office. Easy job to have while achieving my business degree.

Pros

Free Saturday lunches

Cons

Closed Sunday's

do not back their employees

very poor place to work. I was guarnteed in writing to get three weks vacation but they only paid me for two. Had to take them to court to get the third. I a tech makes a mistake or accentally breaks something then the tech is responsible to pay for it even if it wasn't actually the techs fault.

Pros

new facillity

Cons

poor management, they lie to their employees

Good family business

Typical day was getting cars and repairing what was wrong. The co-worker were great and always willing to help out. It was enjoyable seeing the customers happy and coming back and asking for me by name to fix their cars.

Pros

Steady work, Discounted prices

Cons

No raises

Service/Sales

Scheduled appointments for clients, assessed there current service needs and future maintenance needs write up. Priorities the importance of there service needs along with current financials I managed 5-6 technicians and assigned daily workload, keeping there productivity to a minimum 75 percent, by selling addition work the technician suggested. Kept a clients apprised of the process and time allocations needed during repairs. Follow up with clients to assure repairs performed correctly, and client is satisfied. Hardest part, working 60-55 hours a week and raising a family by myself during that time.

Common questions about Stillwater Motors

Answered by current and former employees at Stillwater Motors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stillwater Motors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits