Stingray Pressure Pumping Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great management
Diesel technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 4, 2018
outstanding company to work for! i wish i could come back, the crews morale is amazing, management is always ahead of schedule, and a pleasure to work here.
Pros
pay
Cons
rotational schedule
Solid Work Place
Operations (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 15, 2017
Excellent place to work. Lots of experience from a variety of companies bringing the best of each into play. Safety is practiced and supported by management team as well as lower level employees.
Great place to work but now closes
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belmont, OHDecember 10, 2017
I truly loves my job here but unfortunately the company was bought out and closed the location that I worked in this I am not longer employed by this company.
Good pay and good hours but no home time
Frac hand (Current Employee) –  Belmont, OHNovember 11, 2017
Not a terrible place to work if your single and need money. I have no time to spend with my family. The people are ignorant. Supervisors don't enforce rules.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No vacation days hardly any time off
Safety culture
DOT Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJuly 25, 2017
Stingray is ran by management that dose not care about any of there employees only the $$$$$. This company is the most unsafe company I have ever worked for and before anyone applies they should investigate this company very hard before hiring on.
Cons
Typical Frac company but with better pay.
Equipment Operator III (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 24, 2017
Just like any other Frac company. Same old stuff anywhere else. The equipment is nice, and the pay is very good for Frac. The insurance is amazing. Low cost and awesome coverage. The treaters (service sups) are solid but upper management is pitiful. The DM is so full of himself I am surprised his ego can fit in his tight silk shirts. The Ops manager is an arrogant . The guys on the crews are solid as lots of experience and typically good guys. All in all a pretty solid place to work. You will make 100k plus in this yard but the POLITICS are insane. Good old boys network just Weatherford recycled.
Pros
Pay, steady work, insurance.
Cons
Per Diem, No PTO, Ops and DM are toolbags
Doughnuts in breakroom, lunch/dinner sometimes provided in field Great employees to work with
Electronic/Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJune 11, 2017
Job could be very stressful at times and no real support from management. Very long hours 14+ for 14 days at a time. Training was pretty much left up to you and OJT. Workplace culture was mostly laid back but could get stressful sometimes just because. Pay and per diem need to be increased. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for 2-3 weeks at a time. The other employees were great to work with because everyone took responsibility for their work/job.
A decent place to work
Electronics Fleet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHApril 29, 2017
Stingray is your typical oilfield service company it just seems to pay a little better. The benefits could be better and some kind of bonuses would be greatly appreciated. Overall the management is really good. They keep us busy and working.
Pros
Steady work, free housing
Cons
No Perks(per diem is low, no 401K match, no bonuses)
Tomany political rules
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 14, 2017
No comment I was treated unfairly I was in a management position and did not receive the same perks or compensation I have said enough thank you if it was a good company I would still be there
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Bad leadership
Hard but rewarding job
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for stingray pressure pumping. It was hard work however it was very rewarding. I worked first as a sand coordinator, then I become a frac hand and logistics coordinator/ dispatcher.
Don't work here if you want a future
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belmont, OHOctober 3, 2016
I stayed at Stingray Pressure Pumping for far too long. They offer below average pay and took away all the incentives when you are paid salary. They don't offer a 401k match or day rate for field engineers, which is a joke. They will ask you to work your days off and not pay you extra because you are being paid salary. There is no opportunity for growth. Management will lie right to your face. I've never worked at a place that is more deceiving.

Stingray has no engineers in upper management so the old mentality of being anti engineer will always ring true. They don't like their engineers and treat them horribly. To any recent grad out of school, you do not want to work at this place.

The typical day is 14-16 hours away from home depending on far away the frac site is. They currently have a 2 weeks on schedule and 1 week off schedule. The week off is nice after you finally recover from the strenuous work schedule.
Pros
Constant work and good contracts. The people in the field are amazing.
Cons
Work Life Balance, Benefits, Management
Laid back, Goal oriented, Family
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belmont, OHApril 22, 2016
The Company is very laid back but goal oriented, we are currently in the process of growing and the future looks bright.
The maintenance department is like one big family, helping each other when we can and putting our best into our work.
Management is good and always there to assist, I enjoy my manager and couldn't ask for a better boss.
Good Company
Level 2 Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHNovember 18, 2015
Good Company, I enjoyed my Time there and would work for them again. Electronics division management was Superior and very Supportive.
They say one thing and do another
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHNovember 17, 2015
No held responsible for there actions always changing SOP all they do is take from the guys making the money in the field.
Pros
A job
Cons
Everything about this company is a fraud
Life at Stingray
Field Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHNovember 2, 2015
Its crazy fast pace work place the money was great until couple months ago. they keep taking. I should not complain they still provide a job for me. they change policies everyday with out notice. You never know whats going on next.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Lots of Kinks in the beginning
Pressure Pumping (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHOctober 18, 2015
Great place to get foundation as you are forced to work with what you have to achieve the task. Difference between SOP and what was really done on the field
Pros
Small Company, therefore you know everyone
Cons
No Days off
Great co-workers, average confidence in management
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belmont, OHSeptember 19, 2015
Long hours but expected with the job. Crews were great. Management decisions were questionable at times with maintenance of equipment.
Learn a lot of skills, great pay rates, good management
EO1 and Product Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHSeptember 19, 2015
This was a great job overall constantly working, unlimited hours, great group of people to work for. Co-workers are my long term friends now, I learned so many great skills on how to operate heavy equipment and hazardous and non-hazardous material. I could learn something new every day, and always room for advancing. This company takes care of employees very well.
Pros
Great pay, good management
Cons
long hours, weather conditions
Productive Company
District Engineer of Hydraulic Fracturing (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OhioJuly 26, 2015
I create reports from data received during frac stimulation jobs on a daily basis. During a frac job I track chemicals and sand being pumped into the formation a depth of 18,000 feet.
not a good place to work
eqipment operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJune 10, 2015
they treat there worker like trash there are more bosses then workers other then that the work is fine very long hours if u go their with no driving experience beware
Pros
good money
Cons
bad work inviroment