Stinker Stores Employee Reviews

Doesn't care about employees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 22, 2018
Stinker does not show that they care about employees and communication from the top down is not great. You are only eligible for a raise at the beginning of the year and if your manager has somebody who needs to get a big raise for whatever reason, then it will affect your raise.
Best place i have ever worked
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 14, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work for stinker. They are very caring and willing to work around your schedules. Lots of room for advancement at any stinker store.
Not Bad
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 27, 2018
Relaxed but professional atmosphere with room for advancement in the company and great benefits. Great staff and strong core values really keep the place running smoothly
Great job, would recommend
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 2, 2018
The pay could be a little better considering cost of living, but it's a better job than most, with supportive staff and team. You'll never find yourself without somebody to guide you.
Pros
Supportive and fast-paced
Cons
Salary could be higher
Productive fun and professional
CSR (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 29, 2018
My first day I met every member of the team and was accepted and made to feel comfortable from the jump. The more I worked the more I wanted to. Training was easy going yet extremely in depth and an impressively organized process. I would love to work there again if I ever moved back to Idaho.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDJune 4, 2018
Management is great and our customers are better, I loved work working for stinker I was sad I had to go it was definetly one big family at stinker. Great customers and management is awesome too
Stinker
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
Great place to work, fun company set on expansion. They are planning new stores all throughout CO. Previous ownership let stores slip into disrepair. The M-F requiring five 9 hour shifts is tough .
Pros
Decent pay for the job, Laid back as long as things are done, helpful coworkers
Cons
Long hours, fixed times (m-f 9hrs each)
Great team! Really great with customer service.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 23, 2018
By far one of the best places I've worked at. We never seem to have much issues with anybody not getting along. Management has been amazing working with schedules.
No advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 14, 2018
Stinker used to be a great place to work for. However, over the last 2 years they went from treating employees like family to treating them like a number in the system. If youre wanting to make a career in this company, you better learn how to become a brown noser to upper management and to work your butt off and being ok with no recognition. We used to get employee fuel discount but they yanked that away from us. Not nice! If youre wanting a company with great health care options, this place is not for you. Unless youre in management, then youre offered great health care, but the normal hard working cashiers get the low end of the deal.
Pros
Discount on employee fountain drinks
Cons
Managment, benefits
Stinker Culture
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDJanuary 8, 2018
The company is a family really, however with expansion and raise-freezes it has turned into more of a corporate mentality than anything else. it is hard to advance at stinker considering the lack of inter-office dynamics at play but one can given their determination.
Pros
Pto, 401k, dental, vision
Cons
Health coverage, pay, scheduling, advancement, lack of discounts
A huge step back
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2017
Not a place for a individuals looking to grow within a company. there is no team culture and defiantly no employee appreciation.no management skills. required to work for hours you don't get paid for.
Cons
drugs, fights, less pay, no pay for your time of work
Amazing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 18, 2017
I love working at stinker. I love coming to work and there be no drama. Everyone works as a team. Only downer is the grave yard shift is pretty dead and boring.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work very supportive company
Room to grow company is growing in leaps and bounds pay is good and company is fair
I recommend my friends and family apply
Not a bad place to work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 9, 2017
Working at a gas station can absolutely have it's draw backs. You have to be able to work with the public, but mostly with people who have no respect for you or your job. It is a rewarding job in that you can advance as long as you stick around and do your job right. But do not expect any respect from the customers. Ever.
Decent job but hard to advance due to unfair management.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 2, 2017
It is an easy job with good pay for the work. I found management to be very favorable toward certain people and unfair toward others. I found that most employees were quick to inform management of their coworkers faults. In the year I worked for the company, I saw at least 8 employees either quit or be fired. I was let go once I hit my year mark and began using my paid time off. So if you can befriend your manager than you will do well in the company.
Pros
Good Pay for Simple Work
Cons
No Breaks, Management Favoritism
Low quality
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDSeptember 12, 2017
Working for this company has been a up and down mess. Reviews and raises are said to be done for every year being with the company but they don't get done.
Cons
Low pay
Poorly managed company with negative attitude
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 5, 2017
It was a gas station, so the job is not that hard except you are constantly being yelled at by customers and management is constantly threatening to fire you (you don't want to file a police report every time you ask a person to leave the property? that's a write up. you don't want to sweep the actual road in one of the busiest intersections in your city? that's a write up. And 3 write ups and you're automatically fired). They also pride themselves on being "stinkers" (as in, the customer is not always right, and you don't just try to fix the problem). I did like most of the people I worked with, but I was usually by myself for 6 hours of my shift, so it really didn't matter.
Horrible managment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 5, 2017
Horrible management and complete disregard of complaints from corporate.
Customer complaints going unrecognized.
Safety guidelines not followed.
Hostile work environment
Cons
Screaming drug using boss
Okay place to start
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDAugust 26, 2017
They took away the good benefits that they had. Tat was the only thing that made it worth working there. If you are a Manager you make bank but the little people git nothing.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 29, 2017
Good company, great benefits, Great health and dental insurance very good company all around but the specific store I was at had poor management way to much drama...