Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

Work from home
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75211March 15, 2019
This job is part-time so you set your own hours(if you work from home). I worked onsite in the warehouse so I worked full-time hours. It was not easy getting the stylist position. I had to really separate myself from my peers. The discounts on clothes was great! I bought a lot of clothes and accessories that I love! I had to quit because the commute was too far but I did like the clothing perks and the free food for every holiday and for meeting goals.
Pros
discounts on clothes, free food, maternity leave
Cons
hard to move up, competitive
Good money horrible people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
They show favoritism to the people that are there before you. Great pay messy job to be at though. The pay is good they went up to 13.46. I would recommend you stay to yourself don't try being cool with your fellow co workers.
Pros
Free lunch pto
Cons
Fake managers rude associates
Part-time Remote Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
Super flexible and great work environment. Very communicative company with great goals and compensation for a busy full time working women. Lots of benefits and perks
Honestly..
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 5, 2019
Very brief: you should apply but if you start to not like management start finding another job because you’ll soon come to find hypocrisy runs wild. Good things are basically snacks and easy money.
If you are considering working here it is best that you are a packer and considerably a picker in the small or men’s area. The pressure to get production is ridiculous especially from people who don’t know the difficulty of how they raise their standards are. A respectable trait in someone who takes their position as management is to have leadership qualities. if you’re a picker they make you run with some big cart and if you’re not going fast enough they basically tell you you’re lazy. There have been friends of mine who’ve been fired for not getting their numbers, so it was a good decision to just leave and get another job because they wouldn’t consider you go to another department to see if your good there, they would rather continuously warn you in a condescending way and fire you after a couple of days or weeks and just to hire new people who wouldn’t reach the numbers anyways. There was a supervisor who actually tried to do what we do and started complaining, imagine working for people like that.
Another thing is how fake nice the supervisors are and management is but in reality the passive aggressiveness shows right through.
One thing they have nice is that they cater at times and provide snacks but don’t let things like that fool you
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Bad management, smelly bathrooms, competitiveness
Placeholder Job
Client Experience Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Stitch Fix promises a lot they have no intention to deliver on. They say flexible scheduling and work from home as a benefit, but they don't let you use it. Leadership is ineffective, you will have to drive your own growth here and make your way into very clicky echelons if you plan to advance at all. Pay is ok, but no 401k, no tuition reimbursement, no shift differential, no bonuses, and all the perks are slowly going away.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
Shoddy leadership
Great Warehouse Job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2019
My experience has been positive aside from the harassment issues. Excellent culture but it's losing some of the core values, down to earth coworkers, and usually a reason to celebrate something at least once a month.
Pros
Occasional catered lunches, paid holidays, perks and discounts, free snacks and beverages, can listen to music/podcasts while working, awesome team members and leadership, company events offered outside of work like baseball games...
Cons
Toxic masculinity, not performance based raises, no competitive pay, no matching 401 k, continues raising the goals without raising the wages, does not value company loyalty...
Trabajo facil de hacer
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 10, 2019
Muy buen ambiente laboral con snacks y bebida gratis
Great Benefits, Toxic Culture
Women's Styling Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2019
- A typical day involves a lot of email correspondence due to the remote nature of the role. Other duties include things like, managing performance metrics of direct reports through audits, coaching emails, and meetings, attending and hosting meetings with direct reports, supervisor, regional manager, working teams, regional teams, styling organization, company-wide, etc., participating on working teams, creating weekly team emails, monitoring Yammer, styling clients, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, etc. Monthly duties include things like training, expense reports, etc.
- I learned how to build trust with my direct reports and peers through kindness, honesty, and vulnerability.
- Management is terrible. Performance expectations are highly subjective with no points of measuring success. This means that your job assessment is directly impacted by how your manager feels about you personally and whether or not they are competent leaders.
- The hardest part of the job besides dealing with terrible management is work/life balance. There is little work that can be delegated in this position and already full schedules are constantly having new things added (they will just pop up on your calendar and you will need to adjust accordingly). This can make for long work days and workweeks and it also means you will work a lot leading up to and returning from a vacation since there isn't a lot of work others can do for you in your absence.
- The most enjoyable part of the job for me is education. I loved training and onboarding new stylists and developing their skills over
  more... time. I also was passionate about internal talent development, though the current system is flawed and caters more towards outside talent.  less
Eh
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 2, 2019
They changed everything and expect you to be great at the change and new higher goal right away. Horrible communication between higher ups. Pick favorites and barely ever get to advance. You don’t get paid much because they offer snacks.
Pros
Free snacks. PTO.
Cons
Poor communication, high goal, small raises after time, change without warning, pick favorites
It's not a longterm career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Management was a turn-off. The way the company chose to structure management was a turn-off. Coworkers were amazing. Pay was alright. Wouldn't recommend over all, issues with management outweighs anything that company did right.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
The culture is great!
Outbound Station Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2019
It's a fun place to work at. Great people, lots of perks and pay is good. If you're a hard worker, it could get physically draining overtime. Moving up is a challenge!
Free snacks and catering
Picker (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 14, 2019
They provide free snacks in the cafeteria for employers. Once a month they also try to do a catered lunch. They try to do fun things like theme thursdays.
Pros
Snacks, drinks
Cons
Short break, inconsiderate
Fun job but rigorous productivity standards
Remote Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Overall loved the job but it started to feel like they cared more about the numbers than the great customer service and quality of fixes I was provided.
Personal Stylist
Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Inventory makes it difficult to meet metric requirements. Fix per hour goal can feel high. Not much movement available. Overall culture of the company is good. Seems to be getting a little more "corporate".
produtive and fun workplace
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I unfortunately had to resign because I moved and it was too far to commute and not going to be worth it. I enjoyed working there, from the people to how they treated us it was overall a nice place to be.
Better Of Somewhere Else
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 2, 2019
I spent a few years at Stitch Fix. And oh boy could I write on and on about this place. Not for the good either. If you're glancing at this let me give you advice: don't bother. There are worse jobs out there, but if you want a job that makes you feel fulfilled, happy, or even treated like a human being--look somewhere else.

I'm going to try and keep this short. Easily the worst thing about this place is management. This place had SO much potential; great pay, great benefits, free food, decent work, raises, and a good location. There was so much good to have, but then you have the management that soils it all up. There is a massive group of higher ups, yet no one knows what they're even doing. No one is on the same page and they have no disregard for the well being of their workers. At the end of the day it's all about $$$

The work itself shouldn't be difficult, but it's management that makes it that way. They look for ways to make it "better" but in the end all it does is make things worse--and they FIRE based on PRODUCTION. They set you up to fail. If you ask for a chance for something else you'll get, "How can we expect you to do another job when you can't even do this one?" They back you into a corner with no where to go but out the door. They're more concerned with making things "fun" by having team building rock paper scissor challenges and decorating stations for the holiday. Their priorities are backwards and I wouldn't be surprised if they're shut down in a few years.

If you need a job to make ends meet then this place is good for that. You MIGHT get a raise
  more... every six months, but then they'll raise the goal for doing that. They have pretty good benefits and free food in the break room (although it's mostly unhealthy chips) Unless you're a brown-noser or know a higher up, don't expect to go anywhere in the ladder or even treated with respect for that matter. I was treated with more respect in middle school than I was here.  less
Pros
Holidays off, Good Benefits, Free Food, Catering
Cons
Short Breaks, No Respect, No Clear and Knowledgeable Management, Horrible Parking Lot, Awful Heat in the Summer, Raising Goal Constantly, Theft
No room for advancement poor management.
Inbound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2018
I worked there for three years and knew how to run the department I worked in by myself, and several times I did run it by myself. Even with that I never got moved up. I tried several times but never made it. When they have someone in mind you’re chances are pretty much gone at that point. There’s a lot of favoritism there but if you mention that they get all kinds of mad. It’s a good company with good core values. The only thing is management does not like to follow said values, and when you call them on it you’ll most likely be terminated.
Pros
Benefits and paid holidays.
Cons
Management, no room for advancement.
Laid back and pretty easy
Part Time Stylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 23, 2018
This job is like a unicorn. It's not easy to find/get, but once you get it, do not let it go. You can work whatever time of day you choose, as long as you work the number of hours you scheduled for yourself for the day. You style clients all day long. I have not complaints other than it does get a little repetitive if you have been doing it for years as I have. It's also the PERFECT job for someone who needs to supplement their income like myself--a single mother. You don't have to pay for those extra daycare hours because you can do it at home after the kids are in bed...while you are in bed sipping tea in your PJs.
Pros
Create your own schedule, work in the comfort of your own home
Cons
Can get a little monotonous sometimes
Hard to even recommend as a part-time position
Remote Stylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2018
Working as a remote stylist for Stitch Fix is one of the most mind-numbing jobs I've ever had. It's extremely isolating to work from home. Don't be fooled by your manager telling you that you have advancement potential. It's just an incentive for you to unnecessarily push yourself to work more than the required # of clients per hours to "impress" them... and then the little sorority girls keep on with their office parties & nonstop vacations, that you then are required to read about in 2x weekly emails. These managers have absolutely no business being managers. The monthly Skype meetings are beyond pointless. The expectation that you can read all of your emails, all of your client feedback + do any other Stitch Fix required items in ONE hour (no matter if you're working 15 hours or 30) is insane. The inventory is atrocious.. I mean I don't even recommend my friends to even use this company because their inventory is so bad/ugly/unfashionable. It's also a total rip off for clients. $15 an hour with NO benefits is frankly insulting & all we get is a "Congrats!" sort of email every couple of weeks blasted off to the entire team from our manager. Can't dissuade people from working here enough, even if it is part-time.
Pros
choose your schedule
Cons
NO benefits, mindnumbing meetings, $15 an hour
Culture was not the same as during training
Client Experience (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2018
Though the office is a lovely modern, open concept, the culture did not match what was presented during training. A typical day is staying glued to your computer pumping out an unrealistic number of emails. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach your daily goals. This interferes with your ability to make friends or create any sense of camaraderie and counters the culture that they're trying to create. The most enjoyable part was the once a week catered lunch.
Pros
Free snacks & drink, transit options, healthcare for full-time.
Cons
amount & type of work, metrics & goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss