Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

Work from home, but stressful still
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2019
Stylists working from home save this company money on office space and full-time expenses, but the pay isn't great and vacation is basic for an actual full-time career. One of the benefits of working part-time is to not have to stick to the only 2 weeks off a year right? Nope. Just unrealistic goals and timekeeping for the quality of work they want to be done. Strict stats that they say are flexible but you get an email from your manager with any negative fluctuation, hardly ever positive. Yay Stitch Fix.
Pros
Work from home is the only pro
Cons
Tight inventory, clients that don't understand how it works, unrealistic expectations for average pay.
Progressive, feedback-based company
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2019
They're a great company to work for, with a lot of heart all around. Growing pains are still evident as we just went public, and the business has grown exponentially over the last 7 years. The founder is a woman. The pay is market-based, and the leadership does their best to be transparent. Most stylist jobs are part-time, virtual-work from home, positions. Very progressive, open, safe, and inviting work community.
the management sucked
RETAIL WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2019
Need new mangement. They were always showing favortism etc.I would not recommend this place to anyone at all. The working environment was exceptional but the mangers sucked.
Not what they want you to think
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2019
I was really excited to get a job at Stitch Fix because I love fashion and I am really passionate about helping people find pieces they love and make them feel good. However, that's not what this job is at all, sadly stylists don't get adequate time or resources to style people effectively. The company makes customers believe that their stylists take the time to learn about them and what they like and dislike, however in reality stylists have about 10 to 14 minutes to style someone. That isn't enough time to learn anything about the person, and in reality, we have a very limited selection of items to chose from. On top of that customers can leave reviews of how you did, and many people can be very rude because they forget a real person is having to read their comments (you have to read all the reviews people leave about your work). The pay is really great, it doesn't really feel like enough for the stress, but it's still good. My experience with management has also been great they have all been very sweet and helpful. It really comes down to the fact that I feel more like a cog in their machine than a stylist, I'm not really styling people because I'm not given enough time to do that which is sad because I really do care about helping these people find things they love. If you do decide to apply and work for this company be mindful of the fact that they will try (intentionally or not) to mislead you in the interview, just how they mislead customers about the actual styling process. No one will inform you of the expectations they have, they aren't going to tell you how little  more... time you have to actually style. Be mindful of what you are getting into and ask questions about how many Fixes you have to do an hour and the scheduling expectations because they aren't going to tell you this information, at least they didn't tell me, and if I had known I wouldn't have taken this job.  less
Pros
Decent pay, nice management
Cons
Stressful, misleading, outrageous expectations
Great Job, Very Flexible
Men's Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 13, 2019
Stylists set their own schedules, very flexible hours. The Team leads are very helpful, and quick to respond with any conflicts or concerns. monthly video calls to discuss stats and job expectations. lots of room for growth
Pros
flexible scheduling
management was not good
Shipper, quality checker, picker and packing (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAApril 23, 2019
Management wasn't good. They gave out rules but didn't listen to them. Favoritism was very big and very unfair. The more work you put it, they didn't care to a person who didn't do their job very badly and just stood around chatting.
Great working environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 21, 2019
Supervisors listen and try to help you so get what you are looking for in succeeding with the company. Fast paced. Great workplace culture. A good place to go everyday.
Pros
Lots of free food and occasional free lunches.
Cons
Work is fast paced.
horrible...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2019
i had a horrible experience working there! there is a lot of favoritism to the max, supervisor/ managers don't care about anyone but other than numbers, the department of inbound is the worst the supervisors lack in communication and leadership skills.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
everything
Great Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2019
Stitch Fix is an amazing company and I loved my time there. Like any SF e-commerce startup there are always growing pains, specifically related to a work life balance. It was worth it while I was there and I wish I would have stuck it out. The only reason I left was to focus on being a full time mom.
Pros
culture
Cons
work life balance
Stitch Fix
Senior Stylist, Cleveland Region (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 14, 2019
Stitch Fix is great for flexibility; however, only offer part-time for stylists within certain regions (Austin, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area). Leaders are fabulous and pay is hourly.
Pros
flexible working, create your own schedule
Cons
no full-time styling positions available.
You can be you
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2019
Loved it A LOT ! and if I could go back in time! I would of just kept to my self working there.Is okay to be friendly but have to know when is Friendly to much.
Stitchfix...the worst part time job, where it’s all about making them more money!
Remote Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2019
They sell you on this great part time job as a clothing stylist- make your own hours, work from home, set your own schedule, all while helping women look their best in the clothes you pick for them...wrong!
Stitchfix is far from that.

What they leave out at the training is- it’s all about the money! The more “fixes” you crank out per hour, the more money they make.

And so much for that freedom- you have to punch in and out on the time clock, navigate your way around 8 different company web sites, stick to the exact schedule you create every two weeks, (or you get reprimanded) and god forbid you get sick, or something comes up and you fall behind on your fixes or work hours, there’s no catching up.

The job is 15 hours a week. That time includes: trainings, conference calls to check on your progress, paperwork, making your schedule AND styling!

Your trial period is mainly based on how many “fixes” you can get in per week.
Each week you are pushed more and more and they gradually add more fixes to your schedule with the ultimate goal of 60 fixes per week, which includes the trainings, emails & general office work!

Stitchfix could care less about finding the right clothes for their clients- my experience as a stylist ultimately meant nothing once I got hired. As long as someone is sending their clients outfits, they were happy.- it’s all a numbers game.

But at this place, you have to search their web site and try & find items to match your client with a very limited selection of very unfashionable cheap clothing....all while the clock is ticking away!

Clients
  more... often have specific requests and Stitchfix just didn’t have the merchandise to fit their needs, or they were out of stock completely making it extremely difficult to do your job, particularly in petite or plus sizes, but there were cardigans and striped tops galore! Nothing cool for the teens & 20’s gals- all very frumpy clothing.

My manager actually had me start setting a timer when I styled each client, and I had to explain to her why I couldn’t get the timing exactly to their specifications if I fell behind.

The majority of the time, you can’t find the right sizes especially when you have to try to stay within the clients budget. A lot of my clients wanted outfits for under $50.00, which was a task in itself! And if they don’t like what you send them, they leave you a bad review which reflects on you as well. There is a detailed scoring section on your styling reviews.

Towards the end of my 2 months there, I was racing to try & beat the clock, to get my fixes in but it was never really good enough as they just kept adding more & more & I found myself glued to the computer & taking my frustrations out on my kids because I had to get my work done!
Definitely not a fun work environment in the comfort of my own home.

The bottom line is- they don’t want talented, experienced stylists to work for them.
They need robots or computers to choose the outfits- that way they can just keep cranking out these outfits to these poor unsuspecting customers who think their outfits are chosen with care & them in mind!

The more outfits they have going out, the more money they make! It’s a shame, part of it was really rewarding when you did find the right outfits for people & had enough time to style it properly, but that won’t ever happen with this company.
They really don’t care about their employees or customers...just the almighty dollar.
Pros
40% Discount if you can find something you like!
Cons
Low pay, high stress, cheap, unfashionable clothing, limited stock & sizes to choose from
Fast-growing company that struggles with scaling internal employment. Extremely fast pace and stressful environment with extremely strict goals.
Client Experience Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2019
The environment is very open and inviting. The people are great, but the actual job and employment growth is very limited. The company’s lack of ability to scale internally really impacts the worklife balance. While the company is scaling globally very quickly, the employment satisfaction is decreasing .
Mindful and helped me feel my best self everyday.
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2019
I was able to set my own work hours due to being a single mom. I spend 2-hour blocks of time on styling.

I enjoyed helping men and women find what best fits their bodies for work or play needs. Constructive feedback or need for improvement always allows me to grow.

The culture and management at this company are what has kept me here so long and will continue to do so part-time. Management and training are always available anytime an employee needs them.

Lack of adult interaction.

Helping men and women feel and look their best selves.
Pros
Helping men and women feel and look their best selves.
Cons
Lack of adult interaction.
Miserable horrid company
Retail Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 26, 2019
Not only are all the warehouses horribly mismanaged by incompetent fools but filled with dust and cheap chinese and vietnamese created clothing. Management is a bad joke and the company might only last another 5 years AT MOST now that they have gone public. Just a truly terrible company selling poor quality, cheap, sweatshop made clothing all while spouting "be your best self" and forcing unrealistic goals on you. Just a truly garbage company, theres a reason why they're always hiring..
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Literally everything else; run.
Work from home
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75211March 15, 2019
This job is part-time so you set your own hours(if you work from home). I worked onsite in the warehouse so I worked full-time hours. It was not easy getting the stylist position. I had to really separate myself from my peers. The discounts on clothes was great! I bought a lot of clothes and accessories that I love! I had to quit because the commute was too far but I did like the clothing perks and the free food for every holiday and for meeting goals.
Pros
discounts on clothes, free food, maternity leave
Cons
hard to move up, competitive
Good money horrible people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
They show favoritism to the people that are there before you. Great pay messy job to be at though. The pay is good they went up to 13.46. I would recommend you stay to yourself don't try being cool with your fellow co workers.
Pros
Free lunch pto
Cons
Fake managers rude associates
Part-time Remote Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
Super flexible and great work environment. Very communicative company with great goals and compensation for a busy full time working women. Lots of benefits and perks
Honestly..
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 5, 2019
Very brief: you should apply but if you start to not like management start finding another job because you’ll soon come to find hypocrisy runs wild. Good things are basically snacks and easy money.
If you are considering working here it is best that you are a packer and considerably a picker in the small or men’s area. The pressure to get production is ridiculous especially from people who don’t know the difficulty of how they raise their standards are. A respectable trait in someone who takes their position as management is to have leadership qualities. if you’re a picker they make you run with some big cart and if you’re not going fast enough they basically tell you you’re lazy. There have been friends of mine who’ve been fired for not getting their numbers, so it was a good decision to just leave and get another job because they wouldn’t consider you go to another department to see if your good there, they would rather continuously warn you in a condescending way and fire you after a couple of days or weeks and just to hire new people who wouldn’t reach the numbers anyways. There was a supervisor who actually tried to do what we do and started complaining, imagine working for people like that.
Another thing is how fake nice the supervisors are and management is but in reality the passive aggressiveness shows right through.
One thing they have nice is that they cater at times and provide snacks but don’t let things like that fool you
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Bad management, smelly bathrooms, competitiveness
Placeholder Job
Client Experience Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Stitch Fix promises a lot they have no intention to deliver on. They say flexible scheduling and work from home as a benefit, but they don't let you use it. Leadership is ineffective, you will have to drive your own growth here and make your way into very clicky echelons if you plan to advance at all. Pay is ok, but no 401k, no tuition reimbursement, no shift differential, no bonuses, and all the perks are slowly going away.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
Shoddy leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight