Stitch Fix
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

United States596 reviews

Fun working environment while being able to do your job

Featured review

Stitch Fix selected this as a representative review
StitchFix is a great company to work for! Everybody treats everyone with respect. It’s a fun environment to be in and an environment that makes the workers feel comfortable and lets you be your true self!

Pros

Catered Lunches, Christmas party

Cons

No A/C in the summer

All the company cares about is making money not the employees

The offer overtime and worked us nonstop. Even forced us to work mandatory overtime. Management did a lot of shady things to us. They were not there for us when we needed them anything. Horrible company to work for. They even closed our warehouse where it all started in South San Francisco which is true to what I said all about money!!!

Personable & Caring

Flexibility in scheduling and support you in managing in your style while uplifting others. Support from all levels of management. Multi-tasking and advanced project management skills are a must for any leadership role. You can go very far with this skill set. Limitless development and growth opportunities in your role.

Fun and motivated place to work

I loved working in stitchfix. Working here was fun with caring pl’s and management. They will work with you and encourage you to move up from team member to a PL to supervisor

Pros

Free snacks

Turned into a toxic place to work.

You can give 3 years of your life to this place working the same way you’ve worked all those years, and suddenly it becomes an issue and they let you go. Management will cancel meetings when that is the only time you can speak to them and never reschedule when you reach out to. It’s their only job to do so. Very micro managed in all the wrong ways, and the quality of your work is based a lot of times off of the OPINIONS of your specific manager and not on your metrics. They don’t take inventory troubles or technological issues into consideration even though there is an issue every week. Very robotic and you cannot finish your work more quickly than the allotted time they give you, even if it is done well. They say they are here for their employees when they have personal life issues and mental health comes first, but will let you go on the same day you explained you are losing a loved one in your family over loose policies that they updated and had people decide to stay or leave within one week of learning that their whole work life and the reason they started here in the first place has changed with a measly amount of money to leave. Very toxic company. Would recommend going somewhere else if you are interested in styling. The changes for stylists made in summer 2020 ruined the culture of loving to work for them and any freedom you had. Due to the nature of the work, you are very replaceable if you can keep up with robotic high volume styling, and you will feel it. Draining and repetitive work that isn’t rewarded, and management doesn’t see anything through the stylists eyes -

Inconsistent rules

No communication between departments rules would change between days leading to write ups. Say they have covid pay yet used all of my pto when I was out.

Replaceable

Super repetitive and mundane. You're now judged on how many items a client buys and how much money they spend. Inventory is always a mess and stylists are constantly told it's our fault if we can't make it work. Also, pay caps out after 3 years so you have no incentive to stay.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Management, Low Pay, Repetitive

ok company

ok company to work for. they will over work you and you will be drained at the end of the week. but in-office perks are nice and great benefits. management does their best.

Great Work Environment

Stitch Fix is one of the best work environments I’ve ever been in, with all the activities and engagements they made it so much fun to come to work. I loved the pay and benefits as well, while I’m no longer employed there, I’m definitely looking to go back.

Pros work from home.

Site down a lot. Limited stock and systems are WAY off and make job more difficult. Great if looking for a short term at home job. Not a career. Lots of customer complaints for things you cannot control.

They are a company that really cares about their associates.

They take the time to teach you and give you the tools to succeed. I have never worked for such a genuine company that truly cares for and about the associates. They show it often.

Ok no progression

No progression. Repetitive work everyday. Easy to work from home which is great but not much interaction with colleagues apart from a few meetings a month. No sick pay either.

Horrible management and communication! Do not work here!

Most days you're just styling, so get ready to sit and do the same thing over and over again. When you're not styling there's nothing else to do or it's because the system is down and they offer you no work around, other than to move hours or just clock out and not make money. Corporate does not care about stylists and there's really nothing you can do about it. You will have days where you feel like you can't style and inventory is horrible, but just remember it's they will say its your fault and not the company's fault so stop complaining and suck it up. This job is a joke but it's flexible and benefits are decent, pros stop there.

You'll never find a warehouse that treats you as good as stitch fix. It's a very positive environment. My supervisor goes out of his way to make sure his team is happy. Great benefits.

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great benefits.

Well compensated

Stitch fix was a great place to work. The benefits are spot on and you are well compensated for any overtime hours that of course are all voluntary. The metrics are well layer out and easy to understand and no weekends of course!! If you volunteer to work a Saturday you were most likely to be paid double time!!

Pros

Free snacks and drinks and benefits started day one. Also no dress code.

Cons

1 million sq. Ft. Warehouse so tons of walking.

Great and productive place to work.

Great and productive place to work. Supervisor are genuine, work is easy just meet and keep your goals and good benefits and some holiday celebrations

Independent workflow

Ability to create own schedule, can work multiple shifts in a day, ability to work anywhere remote, no phones, responsible for meeting weekly efficiency

I love my manager. She is amazing and very professional. Working with the company is challenging just like life is. What You put in is what you get out!

Mediocre at best.

Having a fashion design background, I thought this would be the perfect fit. I've been here 2 years and I'm on the verge of trying to wean it out so I can focus on my own business. The changes that occurred last August were unrealistic and rigid. The inventory is embarrassing half the time, NOT trendy and extremely limited. Half the time I have no option but to send "Older lady styles" to 20 years old's and pray they buy something. Then we as stylists get penalized when clients are not happy and don't keep more items. Some clients also do not communicate what they want or leave ANY feedback on why they returned everything- so it's as if we're styling a brick wall, that ignores us, blindly. My leads have always been FANTASTIC and are so supportive!! Upper Management is clueless on what us as stylists, the backbones of the company truly want and deserve. It's a very uninspiring, repetitive, stressful work shift most of the time just trying to meet expectations and stay above water.

Pros

SOME flexibility, work from home, paid sick time for part time work

Cons

work life balance, inventory, upper management, unrealistic expectations

Quality Control

U have to be moving at super speed your entire shift for 8 hours with expectations to hit ridiculous numbers. Switched around from men to women. Not consistent.

Pros

Great breakrooms.

Great work place

Love working for this company. Flexible scheduling is key for me which this job is perfect for plus the work is enjoyable (I'm in a stylist role). I've been with them just about a year and a half as a full timer. The maternity leave policy is wonderful! Full pay while on leave for 12-16 weeks!

Pros

Maternity leave, enjoyable work

Cons

Constant change in policies and system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight