Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

GM-Lies, Management-LIES
Outbound Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2018
When in my Interview with GM, was told I would be OB picking. Was a LIE. 4 weeks was lied to and Told them I would quit. LIES, LIES, LIES. Employees did not want to help when they recognized new employees struggle.
Pros
lunch
Plenty of exercise
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2018
If you like to walk and tone up... Look no further. Why go to a gym and pay membership fees. You can walk around a warehouse and be paid to keep healthy. Until, you walk into the dining area.

Management at stitch fix is always standing around, playing on the phones or computers. Complaining that numbers were not met, yet at this location not one of them comes to help.
Cons
Favoritism, unhelpful management, long and useless startup conversations
Great Place to work
Warehouse Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
At Stitch Fix the associates are encouraged to participate with the daily continuous improvement of their work environment, This happens through 1 on 1 talks.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Working weekends
Cool place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Stitch Fix is a great easy place to work at although the communication all around could use some improvement. The most improvement could be with the specialist and supervisors. I feel that you should all be on one accord when it comes to your employees and procedures. There should be no confusion... and if there so happens to be some, don't let your associates see that. I think things would be better if this place was where you could just come to work, do your job in your own private space, and go home.
Pros
Free food, Benefits, Raises, Store discounts
Cons
no grace period for breaks, communication
Great
Stylist (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to work - the CEO is amazing and the people that work there are so bright and kind to everyone they meet. Excellent job and place to work.
Never will go back!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This job was a joke to me. Managers are soft they say things at the meetings, but never enforce the rules. Basically employees walked around talked and managers stand there and do nothing. Outbound is the worst they always need people because either they get fired or quit. I got fired because my car was on the verge of breaking down tell the managers I need to get my car serviced nope they didn't care they fired me. All they care about is numbers don't care about your personal life, but hey I got a brand new transmission out of it and will be more careful where I apply next.
Pros
free snacks thats about it
Cons
managers
Shipper, qcer
Shipper, qcer (Former Employee) –  Bath, PASeptember 18, 2018
Always rushing. Bosses telling you you cant do something then seeing someone else do it right in front of them. The bosses didnt help if you asked for it.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Not What I Expected At All
Customer Experience Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I would say that it definitely is not what I expected at all. They claim to be a laid back culture but they want you to take care of over 100+ clients a day but don't provide you with better processes so that you can do your job with more ease and less stress. It's difficult to meet metrics if you are not fast or as knowledgeable and that alone is mentally draining.
Also, the company definitely needs to adopt a more inclusive culture. The company's lack of other ethnicities such as African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, and Middle Eastern is really sad and it demonstrates and projects racial bias.
Overall, it's okay though. They mean well and there are some cool people who work there, but the company is truly missing the mark.
Pros
Catered lunch, free snacks, Cool office space
Cons
Poor leadership, Stressful
Great Environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Stitch Fix does a great job of successfully managing thousands of remote employees. This technologically advanced company is very focused on the customer and best serving them.
No large complaints
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2018
This job is nothing special but I enjoyed the time I have spent here. I don't have many major complaints; all jobs have their pros and cons and Stitch Fix is no exception.
Don’t tell them you have cancer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DallasAugust 10, 2018
Never been written up. As soon as i told them i had cancer and was going on FMLA they said they had my back. Couple months later my attitude wasn’t StitchFix culture and I’m on 60 day probation. 60 days are up I’m fired.
Pros
Free snacks
Flexible and Fun
Remote Stylist-Part Time (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2018
Stitch Fix is the best company I have ever worked for!! I am so blessed to be a part of this startup. They have flexible hours, ongoing training, management recognizes you and also helps you with any problems or issues. They have organized events to appreciate you and include your family and friends. Styling Fixes and delighting clients are the main goals of this position. I highly recommend this company!!! Best of Luck :)
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive work place, mangers are encouraging and helpful, Road shows and training, discount, family events
Flexible
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2018
Great for stay at home moms or as a side job. Must be very good with time management and be able to hit weekly expectations. It is what you make of it and can be very fun but sometimes is tiring.
Great work-life balance - everything else is average
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2018
Great schedule with unlimited vacation for salaried associates. Other than that, the culture and leadership is average at best and there is no room for growth nor any focus on development for the leadership team.
Pros
Unlimited Vacation
Cons
No Development
Career as a Stitch Fix Stylist
Online Women's Stylist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2018
The typical workday depends on each person's personal schedule. I learned a lot about fashion, various styles and personalities and how it can influence a person's ideas towards fashion, edit and write a short personal and inspiring letter to each client, understanding body types and how it affects the fit of a clothing item (s), and how to effectively manage your work schedule as well as your personal time. The work culture is an extremely supportive community, whom all share a passion for style and for helping people feel good about themselves and reflect it in their outward appearance. First impressions are important! The hardest part of the job is getting clients fashion picks completed and a personal letter provided for them at a quick pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the community you will develop with other employees av=cross the nation and your supervisor: the pleasant comments and feedback you will receive from customers who are excited about their surprised "picks": and the incredible styles you get to see firsthand and learn about.
Pros
Flexible hours and rate of pay; the work community and support
Cons
Required number of clients to "Fix" or style for each hour or week can be stressful
Poor leadership
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 28, 2018
The job itself isn't bad at all considering the pay, the few perks, and conveince, however, all of leadership creates a stressful work place. Everyday is Constant PRESSURE and harrasment. Most of the leadership team is unprofessional, does not live by company values & lack knowledge of basic job functions and management skills.
Pros
No mandatory OT
Cons
Management, Pto
Stitch fix is a fake dream
Merchandise Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 7, 2018
If a manager at stitch fix doesn’t like you they will eventually find a way to get you fired. I was fired for no reason and was under high amounts of stress and pregnant. I was a hard worker and did my job better than anyone else and was set up to be fired.
Love working here
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Parker, TXJuly 3, 2018
I love working for this company. It has an amazing culture and I love the flexibility. I make my own hours and work from home. I will never quit this job.
productive
Clothing Processor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 27, 2018
Warm and friendly staff. Timelines to produce product, you have a certain amount of time to do your job. Good benefits, 401K but they do not match what you put in for future planning.
easy, brainless job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
Theres not much to this job. When you first start, you are trained in one position and will remain in that same position for months before getting cross trained. Very repetitive. Very high expectations but no rewards for doing a good job. The hours are nice and you are provided drinks and snacks for free. Occasional catered events. A LOT of favoritism when it comes to management and promotions. PTO and sick days are the same. If you are sick, they take time away from your PTO and if you do not have the PTO to cover a missed day, you get an infraction. Overall, very easy dead end job with benefits.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
bad management, very repetitive, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss