Stitch Fix
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

I love working from home and setting my own hours, but everything changes constantly. Hours aren't promised each week so it is hard to budget with. You have to be at a 100% productivity rate which is hard when there isn't any clothing to actually style with. You just have to "make it work". Poor communication and I am not a fan of fake happy culture.
Pros
work from home, flexible hours
Corporate culture really changed in the years that I worked there. Went from feeling like an integral part of the company to feeling like a cog in the machine. Company talks a lot about caring for its people but has no qualms about cutting over a thousand employees to maximize profits.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
At the mercy of your performance stats
Great job for a stay-at-home parent or a student looking for some extra cash. Metrics and efficiency can be frustrating at times but since you are in control of your schedule, its not too stressful.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours Sitting Down
Management and Hr are a joke here- there is no respect for employees or the hard work they put in. Constant turnover and redirection on priorities. Leaders are too busy trying to make themselves look good to corporate and to the higher ups.
Pros
Free food, discount on clothes
Cons
No advancement, drama, no accountability
I worked part time with stitch fix to get some experience and extra income. My supervisors couldn't have been more helpful and nice. Super thorough training and plenty of resources to help you out.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I enjoy making my own schedule and working my hours whenever I want during the day. Decent benefits for FT employees. Not much room for advancement and it can be stressful at times trying to meet your goals.
Working at Stitch Fix is incredibly easy. You get to set your own schedule and work from home. It sounds like a dream but it got extremely boring and repetitive after a while. They laid off most of their California stylists during COVID to hire in cities where they could pay less. They say, "Stylists are the heartbeat of the company", as a form of gaslighting because stylists are their only employees who do not qualify for health insurance, and are not allowed to work full time.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Mundane
Micro managing, absolutely terrible grandma inventory, bait and switch advertising that falls back on the stylist through the feedback to stylists, rules are constantly changing each week, always acknowledge your bad days and NEVER your good days, fake nice culture, no one making rules for stylists actually styles clients, constant pointless touch bases, year after YEAR of not having season appropriate clothing, i could go on
Pros
working from home
Cons
everything else
1 star for letting employees listen to their music. Beyond that it’s pretty much a dead end job. If you don’t like mandatory overtime this is not the place for you. They say “ some Saturdays “ try most Saturdays. Their equipment (scan guns etc) are bad most of the time. Those robots they have moving through out the floor will run into your z rack or cart regardless if you have signs on it or not. Just ask the employees, not the supervisors. Employees actually deal with them on a day to day Bases. No room for growth, they hire for management positions outside the company. & the pay is very mediocre for a warehouse job. You are just a number with stitch fix, all they care about is you making rate. Even when they lack the necessary work to do so. I recommend this job for the short term but long term “ No “Your better off getting a degree, trade or certified in something rather then staying here.
Pros
Free snacks, Decent benefits, They let you listen to your music, Average pay for a warehouse job
Cons
No growth, Management, Favoritism, Bad equipment, Mandatory overtime
Room for advancement if someone will push for you. If your manager doesn't like you you won't promote. Rules don't apply to everyone. Management isn't available most of the time and the associates train the new supervisors. Pay is just okay.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short breaks and lunch.
Don't waste your time. I did and 4 months later they fired me cuz I couldn't do 130 fixes everyday. This place is a joke. Free snacks everybody is nice till u can't fo the job.
Great work/life balance - you schedule yourself, it's great as a second job or if you're a stay at home parent. I've been there 4 years and had 6 different supervisors during that time and some have been better than others, but no real complaints.
Pros
Work/life balance, flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay is ok, no benefits if you're part-time
By far the best job I ever had working with the best team I've ever had. Management really cares about the employees everyone here is new so everyone is still learning.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Staffing is an issue
Good opportunity to work from home. Flexible schedule and decent pay. Can get challenging if you're trying to work while keeping kids at home during a pandemic.
Walking 8-10 miles across a warehouse all day gathering items for orders. Must be able to get over 800 items in 8 hours. Unrealistic expectations. However the dress code is very lax. I’ve seen people wear pajamas to work and you can bring your headphones to listen to music as you work. Tons of supervisors so you’ll never know which one is exactly yours. People will look at you like you have 3 heads for asking questions but they are usually unclear in their directions.
Pros
Free snacks, dress code is very lax
Cons
Short breaks, stressful, unattainable goals
If you need something from the leadership team they will always make the time to support. The team is super supportive, and willing to answer any questions.
HIGH METRIC GOAL NUMBERSShort breaksA long walk to and from break room and restrooms. Long lines to clock in and out. A lot of of micro managing!!!!
Pros
Snacks
Cons
The high metric goals. And including our breaks and lunch time into the metric goal
The work can be monotonous, with no benefits, and no room for advancement. The schedule is only semi-flexible with the work really needing to be done during normal M-F nine to five hours.
Pros
semi flexible schedule
Cons
low pay no growth opportunites
I absolutely loved my job as a remote personal Stylist. My supervisor as well as our whole team was friendly, supportive, and a joy to work with. I loved being able to serve all of clients and enjoyed the relationships that were formed in the role. I so badly wish they were still employing California residents. It was truly the best job I ever had. It was fast paced but the hours were flexible and the work was rewarding. I loved helping others!
Pay is ok but they expect a lot out of you. Its pretty much A dead end job unless you know A manager or are liked that's the only way you will get promoted. Management and leads are horrible, half of the time you can not even find A supervisor because they spend all of their time in so called meetings. The leads are horrible and never step in to help, all they do is sit around talk and spend their time talking on phones and video chatting. If you are looking for A job where you can have some type of advancement I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunches once A month
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement, poor management
I started a while ago and I found it relatively fun - however, the issues rapidly started cropping up. Constant system errors force you to move your hours, possibly to a different day entirely - but when you ask your lead if you can work fewer hours due to a commitment or obligation outside of work (seeing as how you expected their infrastructure to work properly), you're told to kick rocks. When the system works (70% of the time) and when inventory is sufficient (10% of the time), it can be fun. Otherwise, you're scrambling to find 4 identical cardigans to send someone because you have a quota to meet, the shipment has to go out soon, the system doesn't register what you have already sent them so you have to filter thousands of items manually, and there just isn't any inventory at all...and then when the customer complains, it comes back on you.If they would fix their styling system, have any inventory at all, and actually practiced the "flexibility" that they preached, it could be genuinely fun. However, most of the time you're alone fighting with inventory and no one can or will help you.
Pros
Discount clothes
Cons
Poor system infrastructure, dismal inventory, technological issues, borderline unreasonable quotas
  1. Employee Reviews