Stitch Fix
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

United States700 reviews

styliststitchfixsnackstylemetricinventorywarehouseremote

Fun working environment while being able to do your job

Featured review

Stitch Fix selected this as a representative review
StitchFix is a great company to work for! Everybody treats everyone with respect. It’s a fun environment to be in and an environment that makes the workers feel comfortable and lets you be your true self!

Pros

Catered Lunches, Christmas party

Cons

No A/C in the summer

What is the best part of working at the company?Remote workWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Metrics are constantly changing. In the 5 years I was there, it was something new- almost weekly- I think they truly believe it’s a top notch job, but if you are a stylist, you have no upward movement and they will always add more to your plate.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is no upward movement. From personal experience, if you say you want to promote, they’ll use you, drag you along and then tell you the position isn’t open. What is a typical day like for you at the company?You set your schedule ahead of time and have to work those designated hours. When I first started, they didn’t care when you worked, as long as it was done by midnight. I would always clock in at 8-8:15 and get it done in the morning… IF inventory was there. Often it’s not and you get screwed.

Stitch Fix insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Could have been better

Was good u til they changed how we could work our hours. I had to quit as it was a second job and could no longer work both due to the changes. A lot of toxic positivity but the actual work wasn’t too bad and had the opportunity to build relationships with returning clients.

What is the best part of working at the company?You do get every holiday off and also for Christmas and thanksgiving two days What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Things change everyday What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very chaotic What is a typical day like for you at the company?Same thing everyday don’t learn anything new in the same department for years

Bad vibes,wicked ways,do as I say ..Dont orrie about what I do attitude

Never worked at a job were there was a phone.Never worked at a job were don't talk to there employers,never been to. Job were they only clap for themselves and not the workers..Never been to a job when if you give them feed back they use it against you.Never ever been to a job when u have leads and supervisors that don't know the job but you have to know it. Its like there appointed these positions without any experience .I learned a lot about this company over 4 years .Our culture has changed completely as per the manager ,he said thats 1 thing he cares about the most.People have gotten fired forthe dumest things that most of leadership does.Im sorry to bore the reader but I see it and its not healthy for no-one

Pros

Weekends off and holidays

Cons

No comunication

Productive and fun

Great place to work. OT on a regular basis. Management was great. They offered free food in the break rooms. They had cereal, chips, jerky sticks, oatmeal. Easy work

n/a

Same things as everyone else - no much variety in inventory to give clients a surprise and delight moment. Great employee discount and loved my manager.

Unrealistic Expectations, Shifting Team Leads

I worked at Stitch Fix as a stylist. My team lead was constantly shifting and each lead had completely different expectations. The leads were incredibly fake and were forced to parrot the same tired lines over and over. Inventory was terrible and I was reprimanded for mentioning information on a public discussion board that was already available on multiple public-facing sites. The only nice thing was the flexibility. The pay was also decent.

Pros

Flexibility, Work from Home, Pay

Cons

Unrealistic Expectations, No Continuity of Management

Not bad

Very easy and decent pay! 8 hour shifts from 6:30-3 easy schedule! Free snacks and meals! No hard work just a lot of walking! But besides that! 9 / 10 !

Obnoxious management that don't know what they're doing.

The usual middle management that are no help. There are currently 2 shifts available at the Bethlehem warehouse. They used to have a 2nd shift but it was closed in favor of 2 10 hour 4 day weeks, one of which was closed and the other is likely soon to follow.Everyone is very nice though which is good.

Pros

Friendly work environment, break room has snacks and some basic food

Cons

Management keeps finding ways to "help" that just make everything worse

Good pay but poor executive leadership in unpredictable market

Overall, working for Stitch Fix is unreliable. Warehouse shutdowns, Manufacturing shutdowns, and multiple series of corporate layoffs. Executive leaders could have better predicted the market and effects of pandemic. Instead- they chose unlimited spending, and unrealistic sales expectations. They opened warehouses that should've never opened. They pay warehouse leadership well, but the paycheck is the only thing keeping many people there. The workplace feels stressed, unpredictable, and unstable. Need better financial forecasting and more responsible spending.

Pros

Good culture, and great inclusivity

Cons

Unstable markets and lack of responsible company spending

Fun and flexible

Great company! Flexible hours and nice for a mom. You can make your own schedule. The management is genuine and always there to help. I really enjoyed my time there.

What is the best part of working at the company?They know how to treat the employeesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?You have managers didn't give a care about youWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?A good day

All talk no action

The company says they care about their employees and feedback from them. News flash, they don’t care. All they are about is the production and the numbers at the end of the day.

terrible training and unrealistic metrics

Worse and most stressful job i've ever had. They cram the training on you and then expect you to obtain the most unrealistic metrics ever. You are put on probation as soon as you exit training. I didn't sleep the entire time I worked for them I was so stressed out.

Great company with opportunities

Not your typical warehouse environment, everyone is so welcoming and helpful. Good work/break schedule, I loved every second of working here! Truly feel valued as an employee.

Pros

Fun environment, plenty of opportunities for promotions, free snacks

Fun

No work, great benefits though. They will give you your hours but you never know where it will be at. Hoping the business picks up.

Product when you have work

Love the job at first but in the last six months over staff and we don’t have enough work for a eight hours shift and different department have been cut. Daily we are ask do we want to VTO for that day with no pay.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No work

What is the best part of working at the company?free coffeeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?fast pacedWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?hard wOrking teAMMEMBERS

Music in each section and upbeat managers

Whenever you come in, managers are upbeat and maintain a positive demeanor. The job is easy and you'll meet some cool people. They provide snacks, food and beverages for free for employees. You are also able to shop at a discounted rate there. Some days you are there they have a movie day/ entertainment there. The downside if they're not busy you go home, but for the most part cool environment. Also their benefits are A1! My wife delivered our baby and I was allotted 16 weeks of paid 100% paternity leave that can be taken all at once or chopped up, but must be taken before the baby turns one. I was able to stay home with my wife for 6 weeks after delivery to help her, that meant A LOT to us! When our baby got sick I was able to still use my remaining paternity leave to take care of him.

Pros

free lunches/snacks/ beverages; EXCELLENT benefits, upbeat management

Cons

Pay starts low, but you get $0.50 every 6 months

pretty good

easy job for pretty good money. hours were always cut short due to low volume. management seemed pretty understanding if certain issues and weren’t super strict

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss