Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stitch fix is a fake dream
Merchandise Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 7, 2018
If a manager at stitch fix doesn’t like you they will eventually find a way to get you fired. I was fired for no reason and was under high amounts of stress and pregnant. I was a hard worker and did my job better than anyone else and was set up to be fired.
Love working here
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Parker, TXJuly 3, 2018
I love working for this company. It has an amazing culture and I love the flexibility. I make my own hours and work from home. I will never quit this job.
easy, brainless job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
Theres not much to this job. When you first start, you are trained in one position and will remain in that same position for months before getting cross trained. Very repetitive. Very high expectations but no rewards for doing a good job. The hours are nice and you are provided drinks and snacks for free. Occasional catered events. A LOT of favoritism when it comes to management and promotions. PTO and sick days are the same. If you are sick, they take time away from your PTO and if you do not have the PTO to cover a missed day, you get an infraction. Overall, very easy dead end job with benefits.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
bad management, very repetitive, favoritism
Inbound Associate/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2018
StitchFix is a great place to work at with a good schedule helping balance out work and home time. Its a fun and productive place with a welcoming culture.
Culturally sound work enviroment
Associate (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2018
Great place for temporary work the amount of diversity and personality the warehouse exerts really makes working here worth while. The management is interactive with the employees and are always open to ideas inquiring change to productivity. The hardest part about the job is it can get very boring at times because it is repetitive work.
Pros
Free snacks, 45 min lunch, no operation on sunday
Cons
repetitive
Great Remote Postion
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2018
The work is great since it's remote, but it can get old since it tends to be redundant. You can advance and join different teams to break up your week.
N/a
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2018
Stitch fix in Arizona it's all based on nothing but lies they have no employee manual no policy and procedures no dress code and management it's a favoritism it's all based on who they like who they like to promote within the business you can have a person that's better qualified for a promotion but they overlooked that person to pick somebody that they like they play too many games as a person you're not respected they have this open door policy but it's all a joke
Pros
Great hard working people
Cons
Managers(suck)
Innovation and creativity
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
StitchFix provides a very unique environment where you have the freedom of be who you are and be celebrated for your individual perspective on getting results. You're not placed in a leadership box and only lead one way. Stitchfix encourages leadership diversity, which is amazing when you are trying to create an awesome work environment for those who are most important, the employee.
Pros
Innovation and creativity, outside of the box employee benefits, emphasis on work life balance
Cons
low salary, policy consistency
Amazing
Station Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2018
Stitch Fix is a fun workplace to be at. It is very different and a good place to be your true self. That is the main mission is to have all associate to be their best selves. If you plan on looking into this company I would apply in a heart beat. Free snacks, 2 10 min breaks and get off early depending what department you are in.
Good place to start a career
Senior Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2018
Hardest part is feeling like you can't talk to people about any issues you're having at work since leadership is always traveling and everything is online.
Pros
creative and fun work
Cons
salary, lack of support

Want to know more about Stitch Fix?

Ask a question
Positive enviornment and great co workers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2018
I worked here for 2 and a half years and I loved it! The atmosphere is very upbeat and positive and most of the people that work there are nice and kind. I worked in picking so we were on out feet most of our shift walking the facility isles to pick clothes off the racks. It was fairly easy and sometimes they would move us to other depts that needed help. All departments are fairly easy to catch onto and learn. The supervisors are very upbeat and nice and willing to help and answer any questions. There is a particular goal you have to reach everyday both individual and all together as a dept. You are able to listen to music with headphones and most of the other depts can play music over bluetooth speakers. It is fast paced and the workload can be a bit much sometimes as they want you to reach certain goals at certain times throughout the day but its a fair and reasonable and possible amount of boxes you have to do. Sometimes and very rarely when its not peak season and the overall goal drops we would be able to leave early and vto. There is no point system for attendance issues but they base discipline on a pattern of too many call ins or tardies in a continuous or short amount of time. There are no vaca or sick days but you do get pto every pay period....4.5 hours per pay period. When I worked there benefits kicked in after 90 days of employment but they have since than changed it to where benefits kick on on your first day of employment. The benefits are awesome and really good! They dont take out much for benefits example I had medical and dental and only 27.00 was taken  more... out per pay period. They are paid bi weekly and starting pay is $12.00. They have since changed the schedule from 10 hr shifts M-Thurs. to M-F 8 hour shifts. The free snacks and drinks were definitely a plus! Overall good company I may return.  less
Pros
Free Snacks, Great Benerfits, discount on clothing, postive enviornment, room for growth, relaxed dress code, everyome works together as a team
Cons
Pay raises depend on market value of warehouse worker overall and not seniority or time at job, no incentitive or reward for going above goal and going above and beyond
Amazing at home job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 10, 2018
part time - work anywhere from 15-29 hours a week
flexible schedule - work hours when they are convenient to you
very upbeat company
need to be self motivated
they were excellent with the snacks
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 6, 2018
The company is productive and fun workplace and give free snacks for breaks and lunches very convenient.most companies i know don't do that. And the supervisor were great to work with.
Pros
they were on point with lunches.
Great Work Life Balance and Leadership
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 5, 2018
Stitch Fix is an amazing company to work for. They have goals you must meet but a team that is understanding and willing to coach and work with you until you get it. The leadership truly cares about the people all the way from San Francisco to Bethlehem. The team members are accepting of who you are and overall it’s a great place to work.
Pros
Great Management, Great benefits, great pay, environment, work life balance, appreciated
It's hard to meet requirements
Digital Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2018
This job is great to work part-time and with your own hours, but it's horrible when you work with low inventory. The company blames stylists for client dissatisfaction and they expect you to work with what they have to offer which can sometimes be little to nothing that works with the client but you have to send pieces that you know they won't like anyway because it's required to style a certain amount of clients per week. This makes it frustrating to meet minimum client satisfaction goals and company requirements cohesively.
Dont do it!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2018
Treated poorly. Sexually violated and nothing done about it. I was fired for reporting bad treatment. There is no help for individuals that work there. Pickers walk about 10 miles daily.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2018
There are few companies that treat their employees with respect and does not see them as objects. Stitch fix is one of them. The environment in the facility is relaxed and well organized. Leadership team is always available to help associates with anything they might need. Stitch Fix is the best place I have worked.
Pros
Two cafeterias full of FREE snacks. Monthly caterings.
Cons
Raises are not guaranteed.
Second Family
Station Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 17, 2018
Stitch Fix was like a second family to me. It was a work place that was different from anything i've ever experienced. I am grateful for the culture they created for Stitch Fix employees and how they put their employees first. From the interview process to getting hired, i've never had a doubt that Stitch fix would be different from what they said they were. It's a honest, transparent and generous company and i'm proud to have been a part of it.
Pros
surrounded by people who have similar goals, free snacks, Pto
Monotonous job with little opportunity to advance
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2018
You might enjoy the job for the first month, then you'll start to hate doing the same exact thing every day with nothing changing ever, managers don't do anything, that is, until you aren't hitting goal all the time, then they are upset with you and basically threaten to fire you. It's nearly impossible for you to change departments or advance within the department you are in. Good luck trying to even switch within the same department. They encourage being social with your coworkers but you also aren't allowed to stop working for more than two minutes without being harassed by a specialist or manager who spend most of their day talking to each other. Free food and drinks in the break rooms though, and you accrue PTO pretty quickly. Most of my short conversations with coworkers were about how much we hated it.
Pros
Free food and drinks, Pto, Paid Holidays, Social atmosphere
Cons
Managers don't do anything, it's your fault, be perfect always
Poor Management
Inbound (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
I can honestly say this place is good if you're just looking for a job while attending school, but other than that there is no future with this company. Coworkers form cliques and bad mouth other groups, this includes managers. The management hold grudges like no other. I've seen employees harassed by supervisors and other coworkers. Harassment isn't taken seriously there AT ALL. but I must admit most coworkers are pretty awesome stuck around as long as I did because of the people I worked with daily.
Pros
Free snacks, weekends off, Can listen to headphones
Cons
Poor management, Lack of growth within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss