Stitch Fix Management reviews

Stitch Fix sucks!
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2019
After working there i would never tell anyone to go apply. The management aint worth 2cent. They only care about themselves and them dirty clothes they send out daily.
Awesome company/poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2019
While I worked at Stitchfix I loved the company and their company values. I liked the feedback model and the job is pretty easy. Stitchfix throws many parties and company lunches often. You get to shop at the company store and get amazing deals. Only problem is management. There is so much favoritism that it is ridiculously noticeable. The pay is fair for the job that is expected of you.
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 22, 2019
It’s a good place to work, but some of the rules are inconstant. You are told not to do one thing and then a week later you are told to do it. All in all it’s a decent place to work.
managers
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2019
worst place to work.. They had no sympathy for your outside life. they will tell you thy care and are here for you. when time comes they dont care. it was fun at first, until everything started changing.
Managers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2019
Managers don’t really take this job serious. Workers get in trouble for taking out cellphones and talking to your neighbor meanwhile they are the ones joking around with favorite employees. All about favoritisms In this place. Manager would offer you a higher position and end up giving it to someone with no qualifications
Great co-workers, no work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2019
Stitch Fix hires some great people, however, in the department I worked in, there was no work/life balance. It was not a healthy work environment based on the expectations.
Unfair, Discrimination
Employee (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2019
Managers discriminate against employees not of their race, very rude people to work with. Greedy in terms of free lunch/ food. The job atmosphere feels unwelcoming
Benefits
Cons
Discrimination
the management sucked
RETAIL WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2019
Need new mangement. They were always showing favortism etc.I would not recommend this place to anyone at all. The working environment was exceptional but the mangers sucked.
Not what they want you to think
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2019
I was really excited to get a job at Stitch Fix because I love fashion and I am really passionate about helping people find pieces they love and make them feel good. However, that's not what this job is at all, sadly stylists don't get adequate time or resources to style people effectively. The company makes customers believe that their stylists take the time to learn about them and what they like and dislike, however in reality stylists have about 10 to 14 minutes to style someone. That isn't enough time to learn anything about the person, and in reality, we have a very limited selection of items to chose from. On top of that customers can leave reviews of how you did, and many people can be very rude because they forget a real person is having to read their comments (you have to read all the reviews people leave about your work). The pay is really great, it doesn't really feel like enough for the stress, but it's still good. My experience with management has also been great they have all been very sweet and helpful. It really comes down to the fact that I feel more like a cog in their machine than a stylist, I'm not really styling people because I'm not given enough time to do that which is sad because I really do care about helping these people find things they love. If you do decide to apply and work for this company be mindful of the fact that they will try (intentionally or not) to mislead you in the interview, just how they mislead customers about the actual styling process. No one will inform you of the expectations they have, they aren't going to tell you how little  more... time you have to actually style. Be mindful of what you are getting into and ask questions about how many Fixes you have to do an hour and the scheduling expectations because they aren't going to tell you this information, at least they didn't tell me, and if I had known I wouldn't have taken this job.  less
Pros
Decent pay, nice management
Cons
Stressful, misleading, outrageous expectations
management was not good
Shipper, quality checker, picker and packing (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAApril 23, 2019
Management wasn't good. They gave out rules but didn't listen to them. Favoritism was very big and very unfair. The more work you put it, they didn't care to a person who didn't do their job very badly and just stood around chatting.
horrible...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2019
i had a horrible experience working there! there is a lot of favoritism to the max, supervisor/ managers don't care about anyone but other than numbers, the department of inbound is the worst the supervisors lack in communication and leadership skills.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
everything
Mindful and helped me feel my best self everyday.
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2019
I was able to set my own work hours due to being a single mom. I spend 2-hour blocks of time on styling.

I enjoyed helping men and women find what best fits their bodies for work or play needs. Constructive feedback or need for improvement always allows me to grow.

The culture and management at this company are what has kept me here so long and will continue to do so part-time. Management and training are always available anytime an employee needs them.

Lack of adult interaction.

Helping men and women feel and look their best selves.
Pros
Helping men and women feel and look their best selves.
Cons
Lack of adult interaction.
Miserable horrid company
Retail Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 26, 2019
Not only are all the warehouses horribly mismanaged by incompetent fools but filled with dust and cheap chinese and vietnamese created clothing. Management is a bad joke and the company might only last another 5 years AT MOST now that they have gone public. Just a truly terrible company selling poor quality, cheap, sweatshop made clothing all while spouting "be your best self" and forcing unrealistic goals on you. Just a truly garbage company, theres a reason why they're always hiring..
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Literally everything else; run.
Good money horrible people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
They show favoritism to the people that are there before you. Great pay messy job to be at though. The pay is good they went up to 13.46. I would recommend you stay to yourself don't try being cool with your fellow co workers.
Pros
Free lunch pto
Cons
Fake managers rude associates
Honestly..
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 5, 2019
Very brief: you should apply but if you start to not like management start finding another job because you’ll soon come to find hypocrisy runs wild. Good things are basically snacks and easy money.
If you are considering working here it is best that you are a packer and considerably a picker in the small or men’s area. The pressure to get production is ridiculous especially from people who don’t know the difficulty of how they raise their standards are. A respectable trait in someone who takes their position as management is to have leadership qualities. if you’re a picker they make you run with some big cart and if you’re not going fast enough they basically tell you you’re lazy. There have been friends of mine who’ve been fired for not getting their numbers, so it was a good decision to just leave and get another job because they wouldn’t consider you go to another department to see if your good there, they would rather continuously warn you in a condescending way and fire you after a couple of days or weeks and just to hire new people who wouldn’t reach the numbers anyways. There was a supervisor who actually tried to do what we do and started complaining, imagine working for people like that.
Another thing is how fake nice the supervisors are and management is but in reality the passive aggressiveness shows right through.
One thing they have nice is that they cater at times and provide snacks but don’t let things like that fool you
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Bad management, smelly bathrooms, competitiveness
Fun place to work
Lead Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Great place to learn and gain new experience. However, some of the employees who have been around a while & are in management feel that their tenure grants them some type of expertise over actual applicable experience to the position and are sometimes underqualified and overpaid.
Great Benefits, Toxic Culture
Women's Styling Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2019
- A typical day involves a lot of email correspondence due to the remote nature of the role. Other duties include things like, managing performance metrics of direct reports through audits, coaching emails, and meetings, attending and hosting meetings with direct reports, supervisor, regional manager, working teams, regional teams, styling organization, company-wide, etc., participating on working teams, creating weekly team emails, monitoring Yammer, styling clients, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, etc. Monthly duties include things like training, expense reports, etc.
- I learned how to build trust with my direct reports and peers through kindness, honesty, and vulnerability.
- Management is terrible. Performance expectations are highly subjective with no points of measuring success. This means that your job assessment is directly impacted by how your manager feels about you personally and whether or not they are competent leaders.
- The hardest part of the job besides dealing with terrible management is work/life balance. There is little work that can be delegated in this position and already full schedules are constantly having new things added (they will just pop up on your calendar and you will need to adjust accordingly). This can make for long work days and workweeks and it also means you will work a lot leading up to and returning from a vacation since there isn't a lot of work others can do for you in your absence.
- The most enjoyable part of the job for me is education. I loved training and onboarding new stylists and developing their skills over
  more... time. I also was passionate about internal talent development, though the current system is flawed and caters more towards outside talent.  less
Eh
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 2, 2019
They changed everything and expect you to be great at the change and new higher goal right away. Horrible communication between higher ups. Pick favorites and barely ever get to advance. You don’t get paid much because they offer snacks.
Pros
Free snacks. PTO.
Cons
Poor communication, high goal, small raises after time, change without warning, pick favorites
It's not a longterm career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Management was a turn-off. The way the company chose to structure management was a turn-off. Coworkers were amazing. Pay was alright. Wouldn't recommend over all, issues with management outweighs anything that company did right.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Better Of Somewhere Else
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 2, 2019
I spent a few years at Stitch Fix. And oh boy could I write on and on about this place. Not for the good either. If you're glancing at this let me give you advice: don't bother. There are worse jobs out there, but if you want a job that makes you feel fulfilled, happy, or even treated like a human being--look somewhere else.

I'm going to try and keep this short. Easily the worst thing about this place is management. This place had SO much potential; great pay, great benefits, free food, decent work, raises, and a good location. There was so much good to have, but then you have the management that soils it all up. There is a massive group of higher ups, yet no one knows what they're even doing. No one is on the same page and they have no disregard for the well being of their workers. At the end of the day it's all about $$$

The work itself shouldn't be difficult, but it's management that makes it that way. They look for ways to make it "better" but in the end all it does is make things worse--and they FIRE based on PRODUCTION. They set you up to fail. If you ask for a chance for something else you'll get, "How can we expect you to do another job when you can't even do this one?" They back you into a corner with no where to go but out the door. They're more concerned with making things "fun" by having team building rock paper scissor challenges and decorating stations for the holiday. Their priorities are backwards and I wouldn't be surprised if they're shut down in a few years.

If you need a job to make ends meet then this place is good for that. You MIGHT get a raise
  more... every six months, but then they'll raise the goal for doing that. They have pretty good benefits and free food in the break room (although it's mostly unhealthy chips) Unless you're a brown-noser or know a higher up, don't expect to go anywhere in the ladder or even treated with respect for that matter. I was treated with more respect in middle school than I was here.  less
Pros
Holidays off, Good Benefits, Free Food, Catering
Cons
Short Breaks, No Respect, No Clear and Knowledgeable Management, Horrible Parking Lot, Awful Heat in the Summer, Raising Goal Constantly, Theft

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss