Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

Good place to start a career
Senior Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2018
Hardest part is feeling like you can't talk to people about any issues you're having at work since leadership is always traveling and everything is online.
Pros
creative and fun work
Cons
salary, lack of support
Positive enviornment and great co workers
Picker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2018
I worked here for 2 and a half years and I loved it! The atmosphere is very upbeat and positive and most of the people that work there are nice and kind. I worked in picking so we were on out feet most of our shift walking the facility isles to pick clothes off the racks. It was fairly easy and sometimes they would move us to other depts that needed help. All departments are fairly easy to catch onto and learn. The supervisors are very upbeat and nice and willing to help and answer any questions. There is a particular goal you have to reach everyday both individual and all together as a dept. You are able to listen to music with headphones and most of the other depts can play music over bluetooth speakers. It is fast paced and the workload can be a bit much sometimes as they want you to reach certain goals at certain times throughout the day but its a fair and reasonable and possible amount of boxes you have to do. Sometimes and very rarely when its not peak season and the overall goal drops we would be able to leave early and vto. There is no point system for attendance issues but they base discipline on a pattern of too many call ins or tardies in a continuous or short amount of time. There are no vaca or sick days but you do get pto every pay period....4.5 hours per pay period. When I worked there benefits kicked in after 90 days of employment but they have since than changed it to where benefits kick on on your first day of employment. The benefits are awesome and really good! They dont take out much for benefits example I had medical and dental and only 27.00 was taken  more... out per pay period. They are paid bi weekly and starting pay is $12.00. They have since changed the schedule from 10 hr shifts M-Thurs. to M-F 8 hour shifts. The free snacks and drinks were definitely a plus! Overall good company I may return.  less
Pros
Free Snacks, Great Benerfits, discount on clothing, postive enviornment, room for growth, relaxed dress code, everyome works together as a team
Cons
Pay raises depend on market value of warehouse worker overall and not seniority or time at job, no incentitive or reward for going above goal and going above and beyond
Amazing at home job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 10, 2018
part time - work anywhere from 15-29 hours a week
flexible schedule - work hours when they are convenient to you
very upbeat company
need to be self motivated
they were excellent with the snacks
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 6, 2018
The company is productive and fun workplace and give free snacks for breaks and lunches very convenient.most companies i know don't do that. And the supervisor were great to work with.
Pros
they were on point with lunches.
Great Work Life Balance and Leadership
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 5, 2018
Stitch Fix is an amazing company to work for. They have goals you must meet but a team that is understanding and willing to coach and work with you until you get it. The leadership truly cares about the people all the way from San Francisco to Bethlehem. The team members are accepting of who you are and overall it’s a great place to work.
Pros
Great Management, Great benefits, great pay, environment, work life balance, appreciated
It's hard to meet requirements
Digital Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2018
This job is great to work part-time and with your own hours, but it's horrible when you work with low inventory. The company blames stylists for client dissatisfaction and they expect you to work with what they have to offer which can sometimes be little to nothing that works with the client but you have to send pieces that you know they won't like anyway because it's required to style a certain amount of clients per week. This makes it frustrating to meet minimum client satisfaction goals and company requirements cohesively.
Dont do it!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2018
Treated poorly. Sexually violated and nothing done about it. I was fired for reporting bad treatment. There is no help for individuals that work there. Pickers walk about 10 miles daily.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2018
There are few companies that treat their employees with respect and does not see them as objects. Stitch fix is one of them. The environment in the facility is relaxed and well organized. Leadership team is always available to help associates with anything they might need. Stitch Fix is the best place I have worked.
Pros
Two cafeterias full of FREE snacks. Monthly caterings.
Cons
Raises are not guaranteed.
Second Family
Station Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 17, 2018
Stitch Fix was like a second family to me. It was a work place that was different from anything i've ever experienced. I am grateful for the culture they created for Stitch Fix employees and how they put their employees first. From the interview process to getting hired, i've never had a doubt that Stitch fix would be different from what they said they were. It's a honest, transparent and generous company and i'm proud to have been a part of it.
Pros
surrounded by people who have similar goals, free snacks, Pto
Monotonous job with little opportunity to advance
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2018
You might enjoy the job for the first month, then you'll start to hate doing the same exact thing every day with nothing changing ever, managers don't do anything, that is, until you aren't hitting goal all the time, then they are upset with you and basically threaten to fire you. It's nearly impossible for you to change departments or advance within the department you are in. Good luck trying to even switch within the same department. They encourage being social with your coworkers but you also aren't allowed to stop working for more than two minutes without being harassed by a specialist or manager who spend most of their day talking to each other. Free food and drinks in the break rooms though, and you accrue PTO pretty quickly. Most of my short conversations with coworkers were about how much we hated it.
Pros
Free food and drinks, Pto, Paid Holidays, Social atmosphere
Cons
Managers don't do anything, it's your fault, be perfect always
Poor Management
Inbound (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
I can honestly say this place is good if you're just looking for a job while attending school, but other than that there is no future with this company. Coworkers form cliques and bad mouth other groups, this includes managers. The management hold grudges like no other. I've seen employees harassed by supervisors and other coworkers. Harassment isn't taken seriously there AT ALL. but I must admit most coworkers are pretty awesome stuck around as long as I did because of the people I worked with daily.
Pros
Free snacks, weekends off, Can listen to headphones
Cons
Poor management, Lack of growth within the company.
Good lower management teams (specialist)
Speciality Team/Station Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2018
No room for advancement, Mangers play entirely to much with the employees and then wanna come and snap on the same employees for not hitting their numbers they claim to not only care about the metrics but its all that's ever brought up they say voice your opinion but when you do your most likely to be walked out
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
To much favoritism
stylist
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
LOVE MY JOB! I am hoping to move up into a lead position because I love this job so much! They do offer benefits for full time employees, I just currently work part time.
Fast pace
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Overall okay company not much opportunity at job advancement or growth very repetitive work and managers need better organization skills and they need better systems for vacations paid time off
Pros
Free snacks at lunch
ok work environment
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
positive work environment very friendly people to be around. it was a typical warehouse environment where you pick sort and ship clothes to customers,
Good
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Good place to work, Relaxed. Good culture. You can listen to your headphones. Monthly catered lunches. Party at Christmas time. Goodies once in awhile.
Growing Pains
anonymous (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2018
Overall Stitch Fix ix a great place to work, but they need to revise the way they rate performance for people in leadership positions. The way they assess talent is too subjective.
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2018
Great pay I make 13$ an hour and have the weekends off. It's a great company except when you get into trouble for something you didn't do. I have worked there for a little under a year and as long as you show up to work and meet your quote of 225 your golden.
Pros
Free snack's, great work hours
Cons
Short 10 min breaks, and standing all day
needed
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Stitch Fix is a great company to work for and i would recommend it as a great entry level job for somebody freshly starting out their carrier and a great place to find experience
Pros
free snack and great benifits
Stitchfix sucks
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 9, 2018
The job is dirty the clothes are hand me downs that they charge an arm and a leg for. Cant stand the company. Just alot of disrespect and management/ supervisors think there slave owners.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight