STMicroelectronics Employee Reviews

Good Job
Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 29, 2018
Spent 5 years working in the fabs near Dallas Tx. Old equipment but it was easy to work on and management was pretty good. The fabs are long gone, blown up by dynamite several years ago. Kind of miss the place.
Pros
good pay
Cons
old equipment
My first semiconductor job
Equipment Engineering Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day at work for me consisted of taking calls for tool issues and troubleshooting.

I learned the basics on how to be a proper maintenance technician.

Management was very chill. Working nights I had little interaction.

Workplace culture is a tricky one for me due to the announcement of the shutdowns. I worked my shifts until i was offered my severance package.

Hardest part of the job was knowing I wasn't going to have one in the near future due to the outsourcing.

Th most enjoyable part of the job were my work colleagues. They were all good people and still talk with a few still to this day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Outsourcing to Singapore.
managment in MALTA
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Malta, MTFebruary 16, 2018
workers are like toys.
you dont work in the same place second day.
managment live in his own word.
wages are low we have been telling this long time but they just having fun of us.
Exciting to learn about Electronics Manufacturing
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006January 18, 2018
Worked in the Photo Department of Process. Its like laying the map for the circuits to be built. Interesting to see the initial process of semi-conductor manufacturing particularly after working as a Hardware technician in the past.
Pros
Very Diverse
Cons
Losing Manufacturing Incentives because of scrapped material
challenging job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Préfecture de RabatJanuary 17, 2018
very nice competitive and well organised in term of management workplace. Working with multi-sites over the world. having training all the time. enjoying learning and working and having fun with all the team work.
fun work place
backgrind operator\probe testing apprentice (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 10, 2018
this job was the second time i had a chance to work in the semiconductor industry because i had previously worked for hitatchi and i didnt get that much experience
Pros
productive
Cons
long hrs low pay
Great place to start working in the semiconductor industry
Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2017
I started my career at ST and was able to move around in the 2 years I worked there. I gained a lot of knowledge working for this company. Starting in manufacturing (Photo/metrology) then to the Yield group and then to maintenance which led to my move to KLA.
Pros
Large but employee friendly
Cons
Closed their factory in Phoenix
Nice historical company struggling with moderen competition
Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 1, 2017
Good company but unable to keep up with the competition from asian companies. Very slow at execution and unable to meet customer needs quickly. Management is good though
ST Microelectronics - Plant CLosed
MP2 CMMS Maintenance Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 25, 2017
ST was a great place to work. Busy place and plenty of opportunity for learning something new. Overall quality of the clean room processes very strong. Could not complete with overseas labor cost. Plant closed and property sold.
Best Multi-cultural company around
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2017
STMicroelectronics was nothing short of amazing. The company pulled out of the US so the plant was sold and demo'd back in 2015.
The people were amazing, the on site training was unspoken of! Many of us have great job skills due to the support we received at STMicroelectronics.
The vacation time was abundant!
This was truly a great company, a once in a lifetime place to work. now that it is no longer in the US, it's very sad, but at the time, it was the best place around.
European Life Work Balance
Chief Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 9, 2017
Friendly international company with an excellent work life balance, due to the French based HQ. Americas region not quite as well balanced but still quite reasonable. very pleasant company to work for.
Pros
Balance
Cons
Competitiveness vs USA pace.
10 Billion Dollar Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
Tradeshow and Events Specialist, Americas Region (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 15, 2017
Development of all aspects of tradeshow and event schedule from concept to completion for the Americas region (US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil) (average 27 total per year).
Collaboration with divisions, local management and sales force under corporate directive to develop and maintain Americas trade shows and events schedule
Continuous research and procurement of trade show and event participation in order to maintain highest leverage of opportunities within our markets.
Exhibit/event space negotiation and reservations
An initial engineering experience
Automotive Test & Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malta, MTSeptember 14, 2017
It was a good initial experience in manufacturing engineering.
Great colleagues and a fair learning curve.
Management was quite professional but it needed more feel of what was happening in the real scenario.
Pros
On the technology edge
Cons
Too much stress for little pay.
Foreign Compnay
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 14, 2017
It is good place to work. Unfortunately, it is foreign own company. therefore, when business is down. It moved out of country and let people go..
Great Company to Work For!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2017
ST Micro is a great place to work. Amazing work/life balance. Great benefits. I have better medical coverage than anyone I know. Pay is great and management seems to really care about you.
Benefits
work experience
Process Lead (Current Employee) –  greater noidaJune 10, 2017
Work with ST micro as a client company is a awesome. The work cultuer is very relaxed and you will never get the feeling that you are working at Client place its really Awesome.

Its a very good place for learning.
great, love it, the best
Storage Manager/Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 7, 2017
great, love it, the best... no place I would rather work

this is the part where I write something to fill in the space because this requires that you put in so many characters.
Engineering, Statistical Process Control
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 4, 2017
Provided engineering support to improve existing manufacturing processes using statistical process control techniques and methodology. Provided technical support CMP and post Implant clean up processes.
BroadLine Supplier
Sales Manager for Distribution and Emerging Accts (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 30, 2017
ST has one of the broadest portfolios of products of any Semiconductor company today allowing them to sell across the board in most customers. ST's biggest challenge is the manufacturing in Europe.
Too bad they don't have manufacturing sites in the U.S. anymore
Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2017
ST was a great place to work for many years. They are primarily an Italian and French company with many non U.S. locations. If they were still in the U.S., I would still be there.