Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Not for the faint at heart
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2018
Its hard work til you get used to it. The company values hard workers.
The most outstanding thing that stuck out to me was my boss and supervisor(most or all of the upper management) would routinely fill in for any reason they felt like. The point is I've seen my boss & supervisor work every position including "grunt work" and "new guy" work.
That gave me a deep respect for my employer.
Pros
will work side by side and get dirty with you, They will share the wealth if you're willing to work for it
Cons
will work side by side and get dirty with you, If you're a slacker or lazy you wont be around long enough to get a full paycheck
Relaxed Workplace
Custom homes estimator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company. If the housing market would not have crashed in 2008 I would still be working with this company. I learned many skills working here.
Designer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MAFebruary 27, 2018
Worked in the engineering dept., was stressful and challenging at times. Loved my coworkers and the working environment. Wish they didn't' close our location.
Productive Energetic Workplace
Lead duties (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 15, 2018
In my time doing stock duties. I would help the stock managers of with anything extra.Such as, folding clothes,organizing hangers, putting away go backs, and setting up new styles for the change in a specific shop.For example, when I worked for the brand Forever 21. Each style was divided into a type of women who typically goes for a specific type of look. To explain, there was boho,edgy,and basic girl (just to name a few). Each of the shops needed to be rearranged every other week based on stock and holidays. So in my time with helping stock I would do anything extra, that they would need a hand in or simply could not do because of bigger projects or time management.
Pros
Long Hours/Insightful Knowledge/Great Teach Building excercises
Depends on What You Do! :)
Motor Freight Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 4, 2018
I mainly worked in the motor freight receiving department. You will learn to read bills of lading off of semi-trucks, learn to use a fork lift, and a whole bunch a lot about doors. Yes. Doors. It is just not a slab to fill a hole anymore! hahaha

Technically, I worked for a company called "Martin Architectural Products". MAP is owned by Stock and focuses their endeavors in the commercial division 8 and division 10 categories. 8 is doors their hardware frames for the same as well as windows louvers and access panels. 10 is pretty random as all. Bathroom partitions flag poles marker/ chalk/ smart boards cubical panels bleachers picnic tables bathroom mirrors bathroom grab bars fire extinguishers/ cabinets signs for hallways (bathroom designations "this way to..." ect) and even parts to the space shuttle. No, seriously. The space shuttle. Mute point now that the shuttle program has been halted.

Prepare to learn. Prepare to be confused as you do, but understand it will be like riding a bike: Once you understand it, you will never forget it.

Door and Hardware Institute International Certified Project Managers make significant money. Didn't know that did you? Well, stick with it. Sadly, due to market downturns, I was laid off, however, I would do it again. This was one of my more fun jobs
Pros
Occasional daily travel. Hard hat time, then! Paid during travel. Usually OT every week either way
Cons
Hot. Loud. Either a lull or so much demand you can barely, even after you are seasoned keep up
its ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2018
its an okay job if you prefer to work mainoly with lo0ading and unloading product. at timews can get very repetitive and boring since you tend to work alone
Good Experience
Experienced cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2018
Enjoyed working there everyone was nice and helpful which made work pleasant to go to everyday. My managers displayed good leadership skills and very helpful.
productive
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 27, 2018
good place to work for and a good chance youll learn a lot from all the different day activities and all the product knowledge meetings that they provide
Great Place for a cold soda pop
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2018
Great Atmosphere,
Busy workplace, not in the best area of town.
Able to meet people from all around the world, due to it being behind the stratosphere.
the help that i need to get further
Elite staffing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2018
need help finding a new work place to start a new career.
last job was not as helping for beneficial and financially stabilizing myself. the last job was docking my pay
Good work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Set schedule and you meet new people good work place you learn all types of wood and there density hardest is the heavy lifting and dealing with customers.
Fast paced, labor intensive, poor work environment.
Assembler/Stacker (Former Employee) –  Paradise, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Management is a joke, all employees are expendable, they would fire people who ha e been loyal to the company for being late twice. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who didn't need it.
I think it was a good place to work
Wilpak Inc (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 10, 2018
the only thing is the company need to be more organized. As far as coming to work an having me think I was going to work full hours I would come to work at a certain time an leave early an people have bills an I just felt like that's not good .
Pros
people was helpful
Cons
come to work thinking you going to work 8 hours an you may work less
Machines are loud in the place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Working with employee who has a hard time learning, I have learning how to work on the machines it took sometime. but i know what to do , I enjoy working with the employee show them how to work on the machines sad thing is when some of the employee can't do it we has to let them go.
Pros
bring our lunch every day
Cons
20 min breaks twiceaday
I enjoyed the fast-paced work and the team I worked with 12 hr. days would fly by.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 26, 2017
Usually a day consisted of making sure my station was a safe place to work & that my equipment, machines, and other employees working around my saw were paying attention and working in a safe way. It was very challenging sometimes but troubleshooting problems and fixing them can be an everything when your cutting 20+ thousand board feet a day.
Pros
I pretty much was able to work as many hours as I wanted machines always needed some attention.
Cons
very high turn over rate(people always quiting)
quick paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 23, 2017
This job is the same company I worked for presently. I am only filling in characters to move ahead in the application process. Please refer to the previous job info.
stock
Cashier/ Giant Eagle (Former Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 12, 2017
never worked for stock building supply, I worked for Giant Eagle as a cashier and stock . Good company to work for , had flexible hours , work around your schedule when needed . Work place was fun and enjoyable
Pros
flexible hours
Very Productive
Truss Builder (Former Employee) –  Oran, MONovember 27, 2017
The job was good and not to hard. If you had any questions on how things where built or what type of material you where supposed to use, the people there where quick to answer you.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
The weather
Fast-paced
Millwork/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
I worked in the interior pre-hung door department. It was fast-paced, as we had to make production every hour. I became supervisor of the department in 6mths.
did right at store level
Head inside sales (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 13, 2017
Loved working at Stock, a culture of honesty and doing the right thing. I learned a lot about management and the running of a retail store. The hardest part of the job was watching upper management tie our hands and put us out of business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.