Stock Yards Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

Very Tense
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
Very Tense place to work. The trust department is very judgmental. You will not find different races in that department nor will you find divorced or single employees.
Pros
Benefits are OK
Cons
Hard place to work
I was a temp
Internet Banking Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2018
I only did temp work, but was unable to stay on perm as they did not have any openings when the person who I was filling in for came back to work after a surgery.
interested managers willing to help
Personal Investment Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
was an intern, manager I worked with was very kind and was willing to help me with anything I needed. go to sit in on meetings and see the happenings of the senior managers
Company is ok
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  KYMay 8, 2018
Decent employer if you aren't looking to be promoted. Company will advance unqualified individuals over college educated individuals. Lacks equality!!
Great place to work and great people
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 7, 2018
Great company to work for. They are super sweet and super fun. The customers are always nice and pleasant and make it so much easier to come to work every day.
Great Company
Teller/Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Albany, IndianaFebruary 2, 2018
Overall a great company. It is based out of Louisville, Kentucky with a small-town feel. The CEO & President take the time to know the employees I enjoyed my time with this company and appreciate what I have learned.
workplace culture
Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2018
The workplace culture at Stock Yards Bank is very stuffy. The pay and advancement is not progressive to the amount of work that is required from each associate.
Productive and Fun place to work
Client Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2017
My typical day at work is always interesting. I learn new things daily and the people I work with are great. At times my job can be challenging but that's what I like about it.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Can be very busy at times.
Mortgage Loan Officer
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2017
I loved my job with Stock Yards Bank. Working with clients on their mortgage financing was such an awarding job. I worked 6 to 7 days a week and late nights when needed to keep up with all my files. I made very good money while working there but not really expecting much money per hour. I think the health benefits is worth working for.
Doc Prep Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2017
The organization is a good to work for the majority of the people are friendly and the CEO is a great person. The Christmas party was nice my first year.
Pros
Lots of celebrations
Cons
lack of training
Solid work environment and opportunities for advancement
Service Associate-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2017
Lots of promoting within and they love people loyal to Stock Yards. This job is exactly what you put into it; if you are a good listener and a diligent worker you will excel.
Strongly Health Oriented, Health Screen, Flu shots, Full Gym in the Basement, Celebrated all Holidays,special events, Employee Appreciation Day.
Loan Processor/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2017
Working there was enjoyable most of the time, I learned a lot about Retail and Commercial Business,The job could be very stressful, but I made Friends that stayed Friends,They have a proven record of supporting Employee appreciation. Some of the Departments Management could use some improving.
Pros
The Special events that the Employees could enjoy with each other releasing the stress.
Not great...
Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Decent pay is reserved only for Commercial Lending Officers. Operational staff constantly overworked and understaffed. Management includes people who should never manage others, yet they remain employed and in management.
Cons
pay, management
Great and productive atmosphere and work place.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2016
Stock Yards Bank was a great experience for me. My co-workers were wonderful to work with and I enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the bank. I would encourage anyone looking for bank employment to consider Stock Yards Bank & Trust.
Family type environment
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy processing loan application by ordering titles, appraisals, flood reports, and anything needed to bring the application to closing.
Pros
Happy Workplace
Run - do not work here
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2016
Run, Run, Run - worse job I've ever had. No support, no opportunities for growth, and promises unfulfilled no matter which market you are in.
Deadend
Intern (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, KYDecember 9, 2015
It takes a lot to move up in the company or to make any money. For the most part tellers are undervalued and underpaid; additionally, they are taking action to get rid of the teller position altogether.
Pros
Time off is 5 pm
Cons
Poor pay
Low morale
Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
At stock yards there is very little management experience and poor morale. There is no interest in the employees from management and people work harder to avoid work than to actually work leaving the few hard working individuals stressed and upset. Little was done to correct the problem.
Pros
customers were friendly
Cons
poor management. low morale.
N/a
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2015
Stock Yards Bank is a very family oriented, local bank.

SYB takes very good care of their employees, and is excellent with the work/life balance.
Reputable Local Bank
Wealth Advisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2015
I work with a team of talented individuals. In the short time I have been there I have learned great deal regarding Estate Planning and Trusts.
Pros
Smaller local company
Cons
Lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Yards Bank & Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Stock Yards Bank & Trust Reviews by Location