Stockton Unified School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and relaxed
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 18, 2018
This job was very enjoyable and relaxed. I learned many things such as how to deal with children. The management team was awesome. The hardest part of the job was when I had to leave to relocate.
Pros
Easy going Staff
Cons
Na
working for school lunches
Nutrition Assistant, On-Call (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 4, 2018
prepare and serving food for the kids at school
clean dishes and mop sweep the floors
we make sure everything is clean and put away before the end of our shift.
Pros
Cons
10 mins break
Fast paced, had a routin for kids and teachers, organizated
Internship (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 9, 2018
Have a schedule that you go by. The children need discipline and following a schedule will help them and also help the teachers. Say what you mean and mean what you say!
Fun enteractive enviorment
Assisting the teachers (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 30, 2018
i would sign in with the office go to a class room I'm assigned to check with teacher and help where it is needed some days tutoring kids in math or other subject other times correcting paperwork for the4 teacher.
Professional setting
School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 13, 2018
The hardent part of this position was having students that were in need of help and there was none available for them. Also it was hard hearing about some of their home situations
Pros
Pay
Cons
Feeling helpless to solve some problems
n/a
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Healthy , but stressful work environment. Was not a good fit due to lack of initial experience and lack of guidance from my superiors. Others in SUSD in other schools have stated that they receive day by day guidance and assistance to be successful in their class rooms, so there is support as long as you know where to ask for it.
Workplace full of new experiences everyday.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Enjoyed teaching & helping to instill the lifelong learning experience for children. I found that the easiest, yet hardest part of the job is being flexible enough to make sure that all/most of my student's needs were met, while at the same time encouraging high expectations for myself as well as my students.
warehouse worker
Substitute food service worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 22, 2018
i thought the job was great the managers and supervisor was great people and professional and we all got the job done quickly and saftly and i had no problems with the staffing or the people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
kids was talking back some of them
Review my applications
Nutrition Assistant, On-Call (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 3, 2018
I have learned how so sever food for the kids like in elementary school and high school I have done all chores in my jobs and run the register and I was working with customers with experiences..... I have experiences through oreilly's warehouse and burger king and helping out as food services course/rop class in high school........
Fast paced
After School Site Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 26, 2017
Overall a fast paced yet positive work environment. Average hours worked daily were 6.5 including a .5 hr lunch break (off clock). Enhanced my skills of multitasking and customer service.
Pros
learn about services to help families in the community
Cons
short staffed

Want to know more about Stockton Unified School District?

Ask a question
Great place to work for college students!
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95206October 5, 2017
I enjoy working for SUSD as an AVID Tutor. I have the opportunity to work with brilliant students and teachers. Working as a tutor is the perfect job for those going to school because they work with your schedule.
17years
Campus Monitor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 25, 2017
not happy after 17yrs of service principals are rude and disrespectful. can be heartless and insensitive. I'm a team player and because I am personable and committed to my job, principals find these traits threatening
work life
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work means listening to everyone's gossip while getting work done. I learned things in which i do not like and what to and not to do. management was OK lacked in some ways, i.e. managers missing days frequently.
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
worked with stubborn people
A place where one can really make a difference
Preschool Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 13, 2017
Working with children between the ages of three and five is this a prime time to get them the services they need. Working with these students in classroom in only part of the fun. After having established a relationship with the family, helping with any issues or challenges they may have in the home better prepares the student for their participation in the class.

Also, each site having the same requirements or expectations makes it easy to in a group with others to form ideas for activities or parents meetings. Every school is doing the same thing at the same time, but all in different ways which makes it that much more fun and interesting.

If your doing your job, to the best of your ability, the administrative staff is very supportive of your efforts and helpful to get whatever supplies or materials is needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Serious stuff working with children
High demand job with little to no community
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 11, 2017
Very low paying job with high expectations. If you are in the "in crowd" you are golden but if you are not than expect to be alone. Teachers don't eat together nor socialize.
Cons
Cliques
Part time Office Assistant
Part Time Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 11, 2017
Typical day was fast paced, changing daily, and very challenging at times. Management was fantastic and very professional. In a part time position there is always lots to learn and plenty to keep busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students, staff and principal. I miss the people
Pros
flexible, understanding, professional, honest
Friendly work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed the time that i spent working at SUSD. I like the interaction with the children as well as the employees. This was a great place to be during this part of my work history.
rewarding place to work for
Paraprofessional Sped aid (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 13, 2017
I can say it is an amazing place to work at. I have learned so much and it feels rewarding to help children learn. The best part is summers off. Really great place.
Good place to work, but staff needs improvement
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 27, 2017
This place is full of disrespectful staff that are constantly looking for ways to compare themselves with others. A lot of staff bullying present daily. Teachers often walk into new teachers' classes and say "Mrs. A's class, you guys don't act this bad when she's here! What happened today??" Students are extremely disrespectful, while adults that work at the schools fear writing them up...which results to loss of student population?? Teachers and admin. are scared of parents...They kiss up to parents and look for ways to blame teachers for student behaviors.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Many days off, rude, jealous staff, unorganized teaching methods, no control methods for disrespectful students
Loved it
Substitute clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 22, 2017
So this job was my very first job in and out of high school. I loved it and the environment. I loved the fact that there was no overnight shifts or anything and we worked around the school hours, which was a plus. My position was only temporary due to the fact that the department only hired high school kids. Luckily i got to stay an extra 6 months after I graduated because I was going to college and i needed the extra money. Shortly after the head supervisor retired and I am not sure who is in charge now.