stockton university Employee Reviews

I don't like that these reviews are mandatory
Editing Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 10, 2019
I wasn't employed by stockton university, i just interned there. These are not all places i was employed at but places i gained valuable experience at.
Productive work environment with supervisors that are always ready to help
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galloway, NJJune 16, 2019
Faculty/staff and students call the help desk looking for assistance with their technological issues. If the problem is challenging, supervisors are ready to help always. Typically it's much easier if I can see the problems that they are having, therefore I would remote into their computer if they are unable to come to the help desk in person. Sometimes professors are short-tempered and lash out at student workers like myself if I am unable to fix their problem within a very short period of time. Other times students get upset with me when I cannot fix their issue because it is out of our hands; we cannot do much with personal devices aside from troubleshooting, only Stockton University computers/laptops provided to faculty/staff. It is a liability. Despite these hardship, I thoroughly enjoy assisting with these tech issues; not only because it is my job, but because I always learn new things every time I commit myself to a responsibility. Almost every work day is a learning experience that I'm very excited to do alongside my co-workers and supervisors. My co-workers and supervisors are one of my favorite aspects of working at the Information Technology Help Desk because we work together to find the best solution possible. If someone is struggling, no one is bothered to assist. Due to our close working environment I've grown fond of working with others.
Pros
Working closely with technology for experience and learning how to communicate well with others
Cons
Getting berated by faculty, staff, and students
Great Room to Grow
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMay 30, 2019
This place is great for development within the school. Majority of the employees were once students and workers in smaller jobs before maintaining their higher positions.
Opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and students is endless
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJMay 22, 2019
Working at Stockton University, you will always have something to do, and will never have a dull moment. As an intern for Financial Management, and then the Office of Military and Veteran Services as a Project Manager for both departments, my day was always filled with objectives, goals, and out reach to students, staff, faculty, and the community. The work culture is great, however, the senior staff is hesitate, if not, nervous to take a leap of faith on new ideas or concepts to bring to the campus. Management sets goals for each department which is great. Internship opportunities are vast, but the pay and actual job criteria is far from exciting. You will be working with great people, but most teams that you as an intern is attached too or interact with, are territorial with duties and achievement.
Pros
Great culture, fun working environment, always goal orientated
Cons
Territorial goals, non-courageous management, less advancement opportunities
Good work place during the school year
Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJ 08205May 21, 2019
It was a part time job for students who applied and had the qualifications, it was nice to be assured a job for 4 years at the university. I started off as a regular worker then by my sophomore year became the manager
Great Experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJMay 18, 2019
Peers, co-workers and staff were great. The workplace was pleasant, professional and a joy to work at.I would highly recommend this employer to all. Many choices for meals, great security and parking options,
Great opportunities for working students
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJApril 5, 2019
There are a lot of positions in a variety of tasks, but you can only work ten hours on campus a week, so if you are looking for a steady supplemental income you should probably look elsewhere or expect to get another job.
Stockton University made my dreams of becoming an adjunct professor come true!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJApril 1, 2019
I loved the flexibility. Stockton trusted me to create my course from a wonderful text "Language Disorders Across the LifeSpan." I was able to pay back some of my God awful student loans from NYMC with the money I made during my time teaching.
Pros
Flexibility
Great
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMarch 28, 2019
It was a great experience working as an undergrad at Stockton University. Working at the GYM facilities opened my career as a professional and get experience in the industry
Basic Research Position
Independent Researcher (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMarch 11, 2019
Basic research position, given a grant that covered the summer even though the project ran a year long. Worked independently from home, never had to go in to work.
Very productive and enjoyable
Tutor and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMarch 1, 2019
A typical work day for a tutor would be; get up at 5:45 A.M. and ended at 12 A.M. I learned how to work with people and trust them. The hardest part would be making sure the students are motivated to get work done and work hard to get the grades they deserved. But the most enjoyable part would be the connection formed with them.
Pros
Great opportunity, great people, and great connections!
Cons
No time to sleep!
Friendly and professional workplace
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJDecember 23, 2018
- Professional and friendly corporate culture
- Learned professional communication and management skills
- Collaborative management
- Friendly staffs
- Spare time to study
University is great, department matters
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJDecember 21, 2018
Your experience at Stockton depends entirely on which department you're a part of. The university itself is a great environment to work in: professional, organized, great benefits, etc. The more detailed components, such as management, work life balance, pace, etc. are all heavily influenced by the department. During my personal time, the management was difficult to work with, which made the team feel secluded from the rest of the school. Coworkers in other departments, however, felt a sense of unity with the school and strong leadership.
Great working environment and leadership
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 20, 2018
Stockton provides a positive atmosphere and collaborative working environment. The faculty have a voice and suggestions are taken seriously and changes are implemented when necessary. Students are a priority and there is a culture of respect.
prepare children for the real world
Senior repairman / nurseyman (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJDecember 6, 2018
higher education on a personal level. responsible for peoples children to keep safe and make sure they are occupied on a scolastic level works with management on a daily basis intrusted with thousands of dollars of equipment making sure all well maintained
Pros
job security
Cons
contractual disagreements
Easy, low-pay, good side job
Student Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 1, 2018
The part in Atlantic City that the school is in is pretty safe, so not much happens. Get calls and people coming in here and there. Management is really nice, everyone's really cool. Most of the people who work there are really friendly. Only minimum wage, but great job to make some side money and get homework done at same time.
great place to work and room for advancement
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJOctober 24, 2018
I think Stockton is a great place to work. The work environment was normal. There are many opportunities for advancement. The job was demanding when needed but for the most part it was relaxed.
Stockton
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NJOctober 15, 2018
Stockton university is a great place to work.I worked there for over 18 years and i've made life long friends.Working there has shaped me has into the professional I am today.
Stockton University
Provisional Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJOctober 11, 2018
Great environment to work in. While I was working here there was little to no drama. which is important to gage in an office environment. The work was challenging at times.
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
work/life balance
great to work at
administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Stockton University, both as a student worker and a full-time undergraduate student. I learned a lot about how to be an administrative assistant as well as a lot about the working world as a whole.