Stoel Rives LLP Employee Reviews

Administrative Consulting (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2018
A good environment and a supportive environment.

It was a challenge and worth it plus a learning experience.

Not much else to add, but everyone had a common goal and it was quite helpful.

Good management style and good teamwork.

It was a pleasure to work there and would recommend it to anyone that would like to have a supportive atmosphere in the workplace .
Pros
Free coffee and nice atmosphere
Cons
Nome
Review
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work. I really enjoy people and working with them to make their events go smoothly, I have learned a lot about myself in this role. I am part of a great team.
Productive workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2018
A typical day at work involved processing the library mail, locating materials for attorneys, loose-leaf filing and pulling materials for staff and attorneys.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
None come to mind
Lots of legal talent, but becoming very cut-throat
Of Counsel (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 9, 2017
Stoel Rives has several very excellent attorneys and has for many years had a firm culture of respect and collegiality; however, as the legal industry becomes more competitive and cut-throat, the powers at Stoel Rives have decided to change with it. Much of the unwelcome change has come as a result of the firm's growth and expansion. Some of the recent management decisions have demonstrated a complete lack of loyalty and respect for employees and partners who have been at the firm for years. While there's still a lot of legal talent at Stoel Rives, it's not the firm it once was.
Pros
Good legal work and lots of excellent legal talent.
Cons
Becoming very bureaucratic and cut-throat.
Management needs some help
Sr. Office Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2017
Executive committee is unable to make up their minds as to how best serve their employees. Outsourcing due to cost without researching the company or what is really being offered has a very negative effect on the firms staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Job Security
A valuable work experience
DOCKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 24, 2017
A valuable work experience. I was able to challenge myself as well as work independently to draft letters and documents for assigned bosses while applying my knowledge of trademarks by docketing my bosses clients, which eventually became all of the trademark docketing with little or no supervision. Then when an opening came up for patent docketing, I was asked to consider it. I transferred to patent docketing which allowed me to learn about patents to the point of docketing both domestic and foreign data with little or no supervision.
used to be a good, fun place to work
Conflicts/New Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2016
Stoel Rives has always been independently wealthy and has always made a profit. The management and quality of workplace and feeling of camaraderie went downhill fast when they brought in Ryan Schlunz to make even more profit...outsourcing and firing entire admin departments and parts or most of others.
Awesome place to work!
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 15, 2015
I worked here for nearly 8 years. I learned a lot and made some great friends. I only left to pursue a dream. If I had the opportunity I would love to work there again.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Slow progression with technology
Best job I've ever had.
Information Processing Center ("IPC") Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonApril 15, 2014
Working conditions were ideal. Could count on always having some very interesting work. Company was very good at letting employees advance their technical skills. Management was very fair. Co-workers were a great team. Hardest part of the job was leaving when the position had been eliminated. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the work.
Great Experience
China Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2014
What I like most about Stoel is the culture of cooperation and sincerity between all who work there.
Nice comfortable work enviroment
Windows 7 Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2013
Good place to work, well managed office. Employees were nice and easy to work with.