Stohlman Automotive Employee Reviews

no enough supervision
no culture
standing whole the day
lunch break
im looking for another job, because my salary isn't enough for the hard work i do
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 30, 2018
The dealer ship is well run in so far as day to day processes. Managers were okay but all too often hollering at employees. The managers don't talk to employees they shout at them. I found this very disturbing on a daily basis.

The turnover is amazing. Every 1-4 months someone quits and goes to another dealership, often just down the road.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Lots of room fot imptovment.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 29, 2017
There very quick to hire people here. And quicker to let them go. They're unorganized and don t put forth the effort to correct minor issues. I haven't seen people hired and fired quicker anywhere else than here. It's ok if your someone they like otherwise there's very little loyalty for their employees. They pay better than most places but the carelessness of management takes away from your paycheck. They're very strict on a lot of things, which can be good but I seen It push people out the door. The co-workers are friendly, some are not. The management is very unpredictable. I personally would not recommend a friend to work here, unless they have a back up job ready.
Pros
2 days of together
Cons
No loyal towards employes
Family owned
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 3, 2017
It was close too my home.

Had out many leads(some further then others)

I learn how to sell and what cut throat sales is like

Management plays fav. Family owned

The hardest part of the job was working 6 days a week for a least 10 hr a day.

I enjoyed meeting new people, talking to them and helping them make the right decission.
Pros
Meeting new people and making money
Cons
no life besides work
great environment
INVENTORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 14, 2017
There are many managers, all of them are fun and understandable with their employees need. they renovated the building and the breakroom is relaxingg.
The Ritz-Carlton of dealerships.
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 19, 2017
This is a different place. This isn't a cut throat treated like a number environment. Your sales manager isn't going to scream at you for your wrongdoings. Every member of the staff is here to help you be successful. I have worked at other dealerships and this is hands down the best there is.

Everyone here is a team player. If you aren't willing to be part of a team, this isn't the place for you.

Don't let the working on weekends and staying late get to you. That's not Stohlman, that's just sales.
Pros
Excellent pay plan, family environment, educated workforce
Cons
No company demo option
Great money but no life
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 13, 2015
Great money potential but you will be there all the time. 6 day work weeks at 50-65 hours per week. Commission based pay. Do not miss one day or show up late or you may be fired.
Horror Story
Line Technician, Supervisor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 13, 2015
I wasted 2 years at Stohlman. It was a hostile work environment. When I tried to quit, they fired me. I was just another expense to them. My hard work and initiative was ignored by my boss, and ridiculed by my peers who knew better than to actually try. If you work here, just give the bare minimum because that's all Stohlman gave me.
Fun And Progressive Family Envirement
Car Porter/ Car Washer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 17, 2014
Very Fast Paced Family Friendly Environment, Great Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/Cashier (full-time) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for the company. I enjoyed meeting and greeting the new and current customers. I remember we would have ice cream parties during the summer to show employee appreciation.