Stone Brewing Co. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Under paid / Overworked
Forklift Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 12, 2018
Management is terrible
This company has favoritism.
Over worked and underpaid.
No recignition what so ever.

Everyday they try to add new rules,
People quit all the time.
The warehouse was always understaffed
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work very enjoyable you can clearly tell upper management cares about the core values of the company as well as there employees.......
Pros
Free beer
Cons
No cons
Poor management
Server (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 20, 2017
Management always keeps changing. They don't really understand how the restaurant works yet so they over staff and cut people after an hour or two. Managers are ridiculously lazy and expect others to do their work for them. I used to love my job but now I hate going to work. The only good thing is the discount on food, beer and clothes but is it really worth it? The answer is no. Save your time and don't work for the Escondido location.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of hours and horrible management
Not a long lasting career
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2017
Poor management, putting new rules in place, as they go, which some don't make sense. No raise for this year but was promised one when first started. They want who they want in management and skills doesn't matter. Cut throat supervisor if not kissing butt.
Good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 21, 2017
It's a very good company to work for and fast paced team members are really great people manager need more training besides that it's a great company to work for
Great people to work with, relaxed atmosphere
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 26, 2017
Maintain production kitchen as to fulfill orders from multiple outlets. Ordering, production, packaging, and distribution. Warehousing and distribution of dry goods, restaurant and janitorial supplies. P+L. Maintain and conduct monthly inventories. Daily departmental accounting of vendor invoices, as well as tracking of all inter-company exchanges. End of Month reconciliation of all transactions from Department. Supervisory and Management responsibilities.
Pros
The people, and free beer
Cons
Micro Managers
Busy hands-on work environment
Keg Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 27, 2017
Typical day at work involved changing over tanks, running beer to the Comac, filling kegs, throwing kegs onto the line, and cleaning up. I learned how to operate and diagnose the Comac Keg Line, how to run lines and run a proper sanitation, and how the packaging of beer really works. The management is strict when it comes to safety and work habits however extremely easy to talk to. The work place culture is pretty nice especially after the shift, everyone is talking beer and is on the same team. The hardest part of the job I would say is the grind. There is a lot of repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the crew you work with. Everyone on the line becomes friends because you count on each other to run the machinery.
Pros
Free beer
A good stepping stone (pun intended) into the beer industry.
Lead Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMarch 30, 2017
Was a really good company to work for, had a good family feel atmosphere but they have grown into a large corporation that lost its roots. With that said if you are looking to get into the beer world industry they are perfect for this.
Pros
Free beer!!!! Laid back environment. Bragging rights to craft beer nuts.
Cons
Management, and expensive benefits.
Stone Brewing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 15, 2017
Very very fun place to work. Part-time position was great while finishing up school. Free beer is always a great perk and the people I worked with were amazing. The only problem I had was the feeling that I have very little room to move up in the company.
Pros
BEER! and great coworkers
Cons
Little room for advancement at the time
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2017
They were a good company to work for. They were good to their employees. I worked the night shift which made our crew productive. We didn't have to interact with anyone since it was the night shift.
Great place to work and learn fast and efficiently.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2016
Wonderful work environment with team leaders and teaching skills are a great experience. Management was relaxed but hard working. Staff was always upbeat and happy as were their customers and the products served.
Pros
Discounted merchandise
Cons
No benefits, early hours.
Distribution
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 10, 2015
Compensation is fair for the county but not what is deserved for the amount of work asked to be done within the entire distribution department.
Painter
Resident Painter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2015
I enjoy working for Stone. I love my coworkers. I am just not getting enough hours to survive.I am looking for employment where I can work atleast 40 hours a week.
Keep smiling and there are no bad days :)
Events Server and Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 4, 2014
As long as there is positive energy consistently delivered in our work environment then we are able to propagate a successful day. When tickets are delivered to the computers in the back of the house we are all responsible to pay attention to the modifications on the orders. Detail is very important and carelessness only manufactures wasted food and time. It is important for everyone to do their part and take the time to ensure the safety and health of the food with exemplary presentation. Modifications are especially important in dealing with safety of the guest in regards to allergies and health issues. Managers are responsible for delivering plates to the guest with allergens or specific needs to ensure the safety of our customers. Stone Brewery is a very popular restaurant and is visited from people all over our nation (not to mention our world) so we have a high influx of guests; as a result, the employees become frazzled at times. At peak rush hours the quality then succumbs to quantity and mistakes are made. No matter the amount of time, no matter how long people need to wait, it's better to do it right then make a mistake that doubles in repercussions. Important factors for a conducive working environment is detail, communication, positivity, and taking pride in what you do.
Pros
beautiful environment, employee brewery benefits
Cons
not in my field of study, far from where I live
Make beer people drink
Summer Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 4, 2013
Typical day never know what is going to happen, Learned how to do different processes, Management you are just a number, Co workers complain all day long and lots of tension. Hardest part of job was rotating shifts never know if you are coming or going. Time off do get shut down in December and in July plus have vacation day's.