Stone County Hospital Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSFebruary 12, 2019
Horrible place to work. Low pay, no appreciation. Whoever takes the cno position is crazy. All nurses please heed this warning: don't waste your time. Staff turnover is terrible. The don is a young nurse without the knowledge to support the nurses. Good luck if you try this place, with a median census of 6 patients at the hospital, don't plan on getting to work very much - past rn
Pros
Cons
Anything you can imagine
Love it. Great Team.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSFebruary 2, 2019
Loved working for Stone County Hospital. Lynn Truelove (CEO) and Ted Cain (President) are amazing people to work with. Wish I was still there.
Best job ever. Miss the team!
Nothing to say
PRN Generalist Technician (Former Employee) –  Stone County, MSOctober 8, 2018
I have nothing to say bad about the company. I was there to make extra money. management was okay. They micromanaged alot of their day. However, they did a awesome job at making sure eveyone was informed about the job
Over all poorly ran when the owner is a crook what could you expect
Grunt worker (Former Employee) –  Wherever they told me to workFebruary 5, 2018
way too clicky, very high turn over! If you do exactly as management tells you without opinion you will do fine however, if you have morals, Character or self respect you will never make it there. Great job for someone seeking a pay check that doesn’t care about the patients or their family needs you would fit in GREAT!
Pros
Being able to help those in need.
Cons
Way to many to list sadly.
An ok place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Wiggins, MSDecember 30, 2017
Supervisor is very slow at aiding employees with help.

Office Politics

Low Salary

No work advancement

Do not always give you the overtime pay for the extra hours you worked.
Do not apply here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  NursingSeptember 6, 2017
This facility needs to be shut down. The building itself is in poor repair with the ceiling literally falling in. The doctors and Nurse Practioners are never available and apparently too good to speake to the average bedside nurse that is taking care of the patient. Instead the nurse manager is the only one that is allowed to speak to the providers. The nurse manager knows nothing of the patient nor the flow of the department from a nursing perspective. Poor care to patients.
Pros
Cons
Poor patient care
Do not apply here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  NursingSeptember 6, 2017
Pros
Cons
Poor patient care
Short break
Admissions/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stone County, MSJuly 12, 2017
WORK START AT 8-AM- First I clock in next I went to the first desk and start to register patient in outpatient services. Check floor census with nursing station and makes necessary changes prior to night
Pros
Free lunch
Stone County
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Wiggins, MSApril 14, 2017
My experience is my own and would rather not say only because everyone is initialed to their own opinion and I would not want them to make their decision on my experience regardless if it is a positive or negative experience.

Sorry, and Thank You
Great people to work with
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSFebruary 10, 2017
Stone County hospital is a small hometown hospital and everyone knows everyone. I worked with some great people and enjoyed my time there. Long 12 hour days though. Very friendly folks.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Excellent teamwork and community.
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSNovember 1, 2015
The team I worked with functioned very well together. I learned about trauma and rare disorders seen through the ER. I felt like I made a difference in the lives of my local community members which was one of the most enjoyable aspects of the job. The hardest part of the job was the lack of supplies, equipment, and management backing that was needed at times.
Pros
Face paced and patient types vary widely.
Cons
Poor management structure and poorly staffed.
No encouragement or praise
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSMay 14, 2015
Working there was good.I enjoyed what I did for the providers and nurses. Management on the other hand were incompetent. Rules should be applied to all not some.
small family hospital
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wiggins, MSOctober 6, 2014
This is a small family hospital and could be a nice place to work it the management was better. I actually love my job and what I do. However, I have been there for four years and each year I feel less and less appreciated.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Poor Management
Fun coworkers.
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Wiggins,MSMay 6, 2014
The management team seems to do what is best for everyone. I learned what being a team means by everyone working together to get the job done even though it is out of my area.
Got to meet alot of down to earth patients
RN (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSFebruary 26, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was our frequent patients.

The hardest part of the job is watching someone die slowly

I worked with an excellent crew, the CNA's were awesome and they really took care of our patients and turned the ones that needed it every two hours.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
High rate of employee turnover
Super place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSDecember 20, 2012
Super place to work!!! Team players and everyone respects each other!
Small Hospital to learn from.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wiggins, MSOctober 3, 2012
A typical is a 12hr shift and depending on pt number on how busy your shift may be. Also will have a veritaty of case care to provide
from Observation, acute care and swing bed care.The present Dr's on staff are great to work with. The hardest part at times would be helping family to understand and cope with the care need for their love one. And the most enjoyable part is to see that smile from a patient even when they may notbe able to say thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stone County Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7