Stonecrest Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Terrible place of employment
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 25, 2018
Horrible place to work. Never knew adults conducted themselves in that manner in a work environment. Management have favorite staff, A lot of unprofessional coworker mingling, and the highest turnover rate I’ve ever known of simply because they treat Good employees terrible or get rid of them because of numbers in there corporate world.
I love this Job
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2018
I’m one of the ones that love my job here at Stone Crest it’s a great place to learn a multitude of skills and experience to improve the quality of care for our patients my schedule is great working 3 days a week I managed to go back to school I’m not going anywhere!!!!!! I see a lot of negative comments and high turnovers because attendance and ppl not realizing this is a real psych hospital and we deal with real psych patients so when they get here they see it’s not always happy days but the team work is everything here. Again I love it and I’m not going anywhere
Pros
Career opportunity’s job security
Cons
It’s a mental hospital
Extremely unfair!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 2, 2018
HR director caused humiliation and extreme embarrassment. No empathy. Rude and unrealistic expectations for very low pay. Hr director makes false assumptions.
Avoid at all costs
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2017
High turnover for nurses, management will antagonize nursing staff for no reason, Human Resources Director is unprofessional, rude and condescending. Management sneaky and will antagonize employees and then fire them.
Place gets a bad rep
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48205August 22, 2017
Not a bad place to work if you can tolerate being cussed at, spit at, hit, bit etc. Unfortunately I loved it. I had to move on because i needed more flexibility so i could be around more with my daughter while my girl pursued her goals. A lot of hard workers. A lot of slackers also but they will have your back if they respect you. not a place for the weak. Team work made the dream work.. I miss the Dirty Dirty..and all my team mates.
Pros
Good people, free pop, learn something new everyday
Cons
no breaks, short handed, work reduction
Terrible management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 20, 2017
They start you on the hardest floor and treat you like they are breaking you in. They are very against new people.. Expectations are not real if you don't chase behind management you will not fit in.. They are extremely controlling and no have no compassion towards employees. They make you sign a paper stating if you quit you will owe 500$ for your background check and a CPI class that one of the employees teach
Pros
OK wages, personal time
Cons
Everything else
Great Executive Management
Director of Food and Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 29, 2017
Great learning experience for entry level management. Workplace culture is good. Hardest part of the job is trying to direct employees that do not want to be compliant
Pros
Outstanding Executive Management
Cons
Supporting staff
Positive work environment
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2017
I have worked for StoneCrest Center for over 3 years now and I've got to say, it's one of the best social work jobs that I have had as a MSW. Stonecrest Center is a for-profit agency which is a positive as this assists with job security, safety of the facility, competitive salary + benefits, as well as the constant upgrade of the hospital services (i.e. adding new technology, sensory rooms, clinical products/games to assist special needs to help us run more smoothly). They continuously are adding more activities/opportunities for the patients (most importantly) but also their staff. The hours that I work are typical 9-5 but the supervisors are flexible with special conflict as needed. My favorite part of my position is that we work very independently without supervision babysitting our every move. I would highly recommend submitting your resume and joining our team, we also eat A LOT of free cupcakes! :)
Pros
Cupcakes, experienced co-workers, consistent hours, job security, competative pay
Run!
Mental Health Associate (MHA) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2016
Do not work for this company or send your loved ones to their facility because it's a "for-profit" agency that has no interest in the care of its patients and their employees are expandable.
The nursing management team are very unprofessional and the culture is based on who you are friends with. If you do your job well as a MHA and the patients appreciate your service the nurses will plot to get you out of the unit or they would have another MHA to manipulate a patient to get you in trouble with management. The turnovers are excessive because of the work reduction for full time MHA staff. Also, negative work environment, let alone that this company looks at every patient as a payday especially if the patient has good insurance. Therefore, if you hear anything about a job opening for this company and the position is for a MHA, RUN!
Pros
Free lunch if you work with the adolescents, free soft drinks
Cons
No advancement opportunities, hostile work environment, unsupportive management team, poor team morale, endless job turnovers and excessive work reductions for full time MHA staff
A very nice work environment!
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2016
Working at StoneCrest Center has been a great experience for me. I have learned a great deal working in an in-patient setting. The opportunity for growth has definitely been positive and rewarding. The average day is calm and easy to get your job done. I enjoy the people who work within the facility and it is always a pleasure to be in a teamwork environment. This organization has also put a great deal of money into the physical plant, which has added to making this a great place for patients and a great place to work.
Pros
Good work environment, Great Team Work, Nice Facility, Great Lunch
Cons
More Training for staff needed
Finally a great place to work!
Admissions Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit , MINovember 10, 2016
I have worked at Stone Crest Center for the past six month, I have been in the field over 30 years and I love my job!

My co-workers are great, and my supervisor is very supportive. We do some great things at Stone Crest!

Definitely a great place to work, it is safe and management really promotes a positive work environment.
Pros
Cheap lunches, positive work environment!
Great working environment -- people who care.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 13, 2016
I have worked at Stonecrest for almost a year now. I really enjoy my co-workers and the patients. Can the job be stressful?? Yes, but we work as a team and the job can also be very rewarding. I have worked at other hospitals in town and I feel Stonecrest is very well staffed. I have gained so much experience since I have started working there. I would totally recommend Stonecrest to other nurses.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
could be paid a little better
Stressful,Short Staffed, Revolving Door for Employees.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 1, 2016
Caring for extremely mentally ill patients who hardly get to see the doctor. Many are court appointed to be there and sadly do not want to be. The management does not really care about the patients and often you work very short. The company acts like they want to help the patient but, when the insurance no longer pays the patient is kicked to the curb.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Management, lazy staff, too much stress.
Horrible
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 1, 2016
This was probably the worst job I have ever had. I knew it would not be easy working at a psychiatric hospital, but the way the patients were treated bothered me more than anything. They say how important team work is there, which it is because when you are dealing with patients that can snap in a matter of seconds you need to know that the people you are working with have you back! THAT WAS NOT THE CASE. Although there were some good employees there many of them would not help and did not watch your back. The pay is not worth what you go through on a daily basis. Being a new employee was even worst because you were treated like poo by the other workers. I witnessed horrible horrible treatment of patients. I understand that there needs to be ways to handle patients who are a threat but I witnessed a patient being thrown to the ground because she called a nurse a bad word. The care that is provided is a joke. Many of the patients don't even belong there, but the hospital will accept them only to make money off of them. There is such a high turn over rate many employees do not even com back after lunch and that is due to how the MHAs, in particular, are treated.
Pros
Most patients
Cons
Too many to say
Make your money and go home
Mha (Current Employee) –  Detroit miAugust 5, 2015
I'm a current employee and the management is horrible they are racist and practice an unfair working environment ., nurses lock themselves in the fish bowl (office) when there is a violent patient leaving the mhas to get hurt. Too much work drama and UNDER PAID!
If you desperatly need s job .. Come and make the money and go home
Pros
Cons
Under pay, unfair managers, rude employes
great learninig oppurtunity
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2015
great learning opportunity for self starter, no team work I liken it to crabs in a barrel HR manager is rude nasty and practices unfair work practices. Employee there are like ever where else training to keep a job and a roof over their heads.
Good opportunity to pick up new skills
manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 24, 2014
Overall, a lot of turnover due to poor management. People are not willing to help one another.
Pros
Opportunity to learn a lot of things because you wear a lot of hats
Cons
Poor culture and upper management
the employees are something different.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  StoneCrest CenterApril 17, 2014
I miss the patients, and some of the employees. We laughed a lot and the good days out weighed the bad.