Stonegate Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

No longer dba Stonegate Mortgage
Draw Specialist, Escrow Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2018
The mortgage industry requires a lot of hours. As such, most mortgage companies pay their salaried employees well and expect a lot of their time, or they pay hourly, requiring employees to work a lot of overtime to earn a competitive wage.
was once a good company
Mortgage Condition Review/ Funding (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2017
at one time it was a good company to work for but once they became a publicly traded company everything changed and it was just another micro manged company
Restructure-happy
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2017
This company was acquired in June 2017 and unfortunately, since then the culture has gone drastically downhill. More restructures are occurring and there is no sense of job security within the company, despite its intent to grow and expand. The work itself has been a terrific experience, but the company is in such a stage of uncertainty that I would not recommend it to anyone.
Company No Longer Exists
Prefer Not to Answer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2017
Stonegate Mortgage was, when I first started there, a wonderful place to work. However, big changes and poor decisions by upper management brought about results that were anything but positive and led to the eventual sale of the company. Stonegate Mortgage had a lot of wonderful people who were committed to what they did. It's sad that it went by the wayside as it did.
Pros
Was a great place to work, once upon a time.
Cons
Has been sold and no longer exists.
No rules, anything goes atmosphere
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2017
The company has potential, but leadership is sub-par. Managers lack people skills and there is no accountability on their part. Rate of pay for the same job very unequal. It appears that the company has been bought out and has a new name. Hopefully for the sake of the employees things will be better.
Pros
Nice building and location
Cons
Management is terrible, all levels
Recently been purchased by another Mortgage Co.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousJune 20, 2017
The upper management was good when the company was small. But the bigger it got the bigger the egos got. When we went public and now had a board of directors, they fired the owner. We grew too fast in too short of a time. Mgmt doesn't care anymore. In fact very few care about what they do. Mgmt just pushes them to pump out loans whether they are right or not. Expectations aren't made clear.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
attitude, ethics and quality of work
Was a productive workplace. Atmosphere was usually good. Working realtionships with management was reasonably good.
Collateral Valuation Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2017
My work daily consisted of examining post close appraisals that had been used in the process of obtaining financing for a residential mortgage. Some escalation work was also included. Also the review of MCA examined files was a monthly part of my assignments. Management was always supportive of me and my work and would always be available for help if required.
Stonegate Mortgage was good
Services Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 2, 2017
My role kept me busy, my manager was good, my co-workers were great, the hardest part was the end of the month craziness, and the most enjoyable were the people I worked with- we were a family!
Highly productive
OBIEE Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
Great company to work for and friendly employees. The company is very much involved in the community and international especially building schools and churches. Free Training in new technology and refreshment courses.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
N/a
Complete Mess Top To Bottom
Mortgage Servicer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2017
Management is a trainwreck. They just closed an office and hired all new employees without the means to train and assist them. Policies for customer loans are janky.
Stonegate was one of the worst employers.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 21, 2017
I found Stonegate to be a reason to want to get out of underwriting and maybe even the mortgage industry. The training did not flow over to actual underwriting. Their current LOS system does not work for government loans (they should get on Encompass) and there are too many work arounds that not enough people actually know how to do. They have more unusual loans than I have seen in my 18 years and if you can't figure out how to get them approved then they do not pay overtime and still require that they be completed. (Even though managers have no idea how to do them and do not have their own underwriting delegations- which is really necessary in order to be of any real help.) I wish I had not taken the job. They were so rude to the people that work with them and send emails that are very unprofessional to sales and underwriting. I would rate them in the negative- it was a mistake to work for them.
short time at Stonegate
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I was hired to start a new program for them. They fired the CEO as he was the one backing our program then laid us all off as the cut the program. They didn't try to help us get new positions in the company.
A Revolving Door.
Jr Underwriter/Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 11, 2016
There was little or no training except for fellow employees. The position was fast paced and stressful due to being under the gun at all times. Lots of overtime, no work/life balance. I felt the company was all about the numbers and nothing about the employees or the quality of work or customer service. Lots of turnover with employees.
Pros
Fellow employees were nice
Cons
Management is out of touch with employees and the job being done.
great place to work
Senior Business Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisDecember 10, 2016
flexible work culture. Good pay and benefits. Good management staff and worked to accurately employ compliant and profitable business plans and models.
Very unfair management bias ' good old boys club '
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest CaliforniaAugust 18, 2016
Very unfair management biased good old boys club I have to say management is not balanced. . Overpromise portfolio leads received Internet non-qualified prospects. Any opportunity they will cheat you on your pay. ** Do not go here it's not worth it, there is too much in orange county then to come to this place. The worst part of it is they did nothing for their current customers as far as price exceptions they would rather the customer go elsewhere. Too many differences in management so it could depend on which manager you have. Upper management sits on the floor with you and preys on the emploees. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Can be casual dress environment
Cons
They'll cheat you out of your pay
Great Employer, but very expensive benefits
human resources (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2015
Typical 8-5 schedule. PTO Days and paid vacation days are nice also. Really my only complaint is how much health insurance for a family of 2 costs.
Pros
Management, Opportunities for Growth, Compensation
Cons
Expensive benefits
Poor leadership, zero promises kept, sweatshop
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 13, 2015
Poor leadership, zero promises kept, sweatshop

nice people to work with here and there

long hours required, bad leads, leads parcelled out to maybe one call per day
Pros
very few
Cons
many
Collegial environment
Legal Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2015
Collegial and results driven workplace. Excellent work/life balance encouraged. Senior management open and accessible to all employees. Excellent employee benefits.
Going Public
Government Insuring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2015
Stonegate Mortgage is a greedy company with little regard for employees or customer satisfaction. They want to make money fast at whatever cost.

My personal work experience here is underwhelming.I am never challenged and have no opportunity to move up or over. The most enjoyable part is that I am good at it. My boss actually said in my review "I would like to move you up but, you do so well at this job that I can't afford to lose you." Which is a compliment and also the reason I am leaving as soon as possible.

Management does not have a clue how little everyone does on a day to day basis.

I want to be challenged and I want to be appreciated. Which is why I will not be staying with Stonegate Mortgage.
Cons
healthcare, limited paid time off, declining culture
Started as a great, relaxed work environment...ended not so great
Corr Review (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
Before the company went "public", changed some management around, and started to micromanage...it was great. But as is expected of a lot of corporate companies, they quickly became selfish, money hungry, and did not have their employees best interests at heart. It was enjoyable still for a while, and the work was fine. But month after month got more and more miserable and business/volume actually went down as well. Overall, the company would do well to go back to where it started and try again, with different management in correspondent dept, and different priorities.
Pros
occasional catered lunches in the beginning, great co-workers
Cons
management, micro-managing