Stonehenge of American Fork Employee Reviews

Unsupportive Work Environment with Poor Pay
Staff (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTDecember 20, 2018
Any glowing reviews about good company culture or great treatment of employees are untrue, and posted by corporate or high level managers. Most employees who have worked there are unsatisfied.

I was constantly asked to do things that were not part of my job without compensation, and housekeeping and other support jobs were making less than you could at McDonalds, with more work. The administrator does not listen to employees' concerns even when it's about the welfare of the customers. Benefits are lousy and keep getting cut.

I did like my coworkers and getting to know the patients, as well as where the office is located. There were fun outings/activities to take the patients to.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Poor management, terrible pay, forced to perform duties not part of your job
Poor management, unhelpful staff
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 3, 2018
Director is very rude and unprofessional. No communication and very disorganized.
Staff is generally unhappy and no team work. Ask questions has a new staff member you get a grumbled half answer or wave of a hand in a direction or no answer at all.
Tiring and Unprofessional
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTApril 26, 2018
This company really puts a lot of stress on you. They’re short-staffed, lots of people come and go, and they hire just about anyone. The pay is $11 for cna & $9 for housekeeping. People at fast food companies make more. You only get a raise when you make a year, attend 10 meetings & have a good review. The patient to aide ratio is ridiculous on certain halls during the night shifts. The care is not always the greatest.
Pros
Short and long shifts, meals are $3
Cons
Poor management, overworked and underpaid, cheap
Awful Management/NOT a teamwork environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTApril 6, 2018
The worse part about working here was the management. They do not care about their staff whatsoever. The pay is very low the only chance of getting a raise is working there one full year and attending 8 in service meetings. I knew of SEVERAL employees who met these standards and were not give their raise. When they asked for it they were informed that they did not attend enough meetings and then had to force the company to RE-review the sign in sheets for the meetings which in every case I knew of the employee had won.

Rules are also not very clear. For example required weekend hours. Most employees I had talked with had been given different weekend hours required which seemed to either be based off their preferences or what was needed at the time.

The management will hire ANYONE. There are 2 CNA's to a hall but if you are someone who shows up to work expecting to do your job just plan on being the only one on the hall for at least 10 out of 12 plus hours because they do NOT hire quality workers. This job stressed me to the point that even though I had 3-4 days off in a row all i could think about and dream about was work.

I do not recommend working here. The management all seems wonderful at first but once you get sucked in they will not value you or your opinions. This place only makes changes for "show" to appeal to potential residents but that should not come at the cost of the employee.
Pros
3-12 hour shifts, Interesting patients
Cons
Management, Other employees hired, Only 2 paychecks per month
A nurturing work environment
Nursing Manager (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 15, 2018
Stonehenge of American Fork has great people working there. We all get along for the most part and have fun at work joking and laughing despite the often stressful job of caring for other people.
Fun friendly face
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 1, 2017
Sanitize and Maintain Rooms for the elders. Clean dinners. Clean bathrooms clean rooms clean carpets help on the laundry room. take trash out clean windows
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good health care
Great place to work, great team, best rehab facility you can work at.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTApril 16, 2016
Awesome facility! Staff is wonderful to work with, the facility is beautiful! Our patients receive great care. I enjoy working 12 hour shifts.
Great environment to work in. Should never of left
MDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 5, 2016
The Philosophy of all Stonehenge Buildings is "Treat others as you would want to be treated". This attitude starts with Corporate, and is expected all the way to the Floor nursing level. It was wonderful to see a company actually practice what they preach. I have greatly missed that since I left.
Pros
Helpful, encouraging work environment
Cons
I should never have left
Think twice
CNA (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 2, 2015
They claim to be a better place to work than most facilities that provide patient care, but are not. I would rate them, compared to other facilities, the same or below. The facility is much higher quality than most.
There is not a team work environment. They do not have gratitude towards the little guy, and they don't listen to the needs of the CNA. The CNA comes last, even though the CNA is the front lines of most patient care facilities.

Then they wonder why they have such high turnover in the CNA department.
Pros
3-12 hours shifts, Clean, and locally owned.
Cons
No overtime, Management, short staffing on halls, say they will take care of it then don't.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonehenge of American Fork. Our community is ready to answer.

Stonehenge of American Fork Reviews by Location