Stonehill College Employee Reviews

Positive Experience
Defensive Coordinator and Video Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAJanuary 2, 2019
Learned a lot from the senior staff members on a daily basis. Great facilities to come into work each day. I thought our manager did a good job of giving us enough room to be creative within our staff structure.
Great Experience and Highly Collaborative
Learning Community Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MADecember 9, 2018
I was able to work with students on a project that I have been passionate about for two years. The students each brought in new ideas, and each person in the classroom was open to new ideas, making Stonehill College and enjoyable place to work.
Learning environment with teamwork is stressed.
Campus Police Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  North Easton, MADecember 4, 2018
Stonehill College stresses a positive workplace culture with support and training. Teamwork is very real here with people showing up before their shifts and staying later to help out. The management wants you to succeed as an employee and as a person and celebrates each other's accomplishment. The hardest part is getting a full-time position because they don't ever leave.
Pros
Training, staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Challanging Work Place
Supervisor/Student Teachers (Current Employee) –  Cities and towns south of BostonNovember 27, 2018
I work part-time for the college supervising student-teachers. It keeps my skills up to date and knowledge of new trends current. Professional development is on target with the goals of the College and State mandates.
I visit schools in different school systems supervising student-teachers. I work closely with them and the cooperating teachers. It provides me a great deal of exposure to many educators who enhance my knowledge as well.
Cons
Even though it is a part-time position, the pay could be better.
challenging position, supportive upper staff
Part-time dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Campus PoliceSeptember 17, 2018
Working at Stonehill Police department is enjoyable. I have only been with them for 2 years and I feel welcome and supported by all my fellow employees. Due to the nature of the job we work as team and any issues are presented in a constructive manner. Policing is an ever changing environment so no one day is exactly like any other. You need to have the ability to adapt to these changes as they happen.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Benefits for part- time are limited
Good experience
Sports Section Editor (Former Employee) –  Easton, MASeptember 14, 2018
I would have all of the articles for my section prepared and would read through them to make preliminary copy edits. Next I would import all of the articles into Adobe InDesign where I would fit them together and format them the best that I could. I would then add pictures for each story and compose a caption for each. I learned a lot about copy editing and formatting pages and the culture was very friendly and welcoming and it was definitely fun at times. The hardest part of the job was getting the formatting to work correctly every time because there were times when the length of all the articles I had made it difficult to put together.
Pros
Environment, people, experience
Cons
late hours
Fun athletic environment
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Easton, MASeptember 10, 2018
Working as an Athletic Trainer is exciting, fun and rewarding. I worked with some great Athletic Trainers, coaches and athletes. The days are long between two-a-day practices and overlapping seasons, but the reward of keeping athletes healthy and on the field/court is well worth it.
Pros
Good working environment, supportive staff
Cons
long days
Productive and interactive workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAAugust 16, 2018
A busy confined workspace using telecommunications. Making phone calls to alumni's I have learned much history and background about the college and caller. The hardest part of the job was to make conversation with those who did not want to conversate. The relaxed dress code was a very enjoyable part of the job, along with the semi-privacy of cubicles.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Short lunch break
Productive and fun workplace.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 30, 2018
Working at Stonehill College (groundskeeping) was a great experience for me. Stonehill is a kind community that cares about its people. I would recommend this job to any Stonehill goers in he future.
Pros
Paid lunch
Fast-Paced and Great Experience
Learning Community Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAFebruary 10, 2018
Working with students has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in XML, communication, and problem-solving. I enjoyed working with the professor in and outside of the classroom to ensure that our work was ready to be published.
Easy and good extra money
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MADecember 27, 2017
Easy to be a TA as a student and make extra money on the side while completing studies. As a student it was easy to do and hours were flexible and easy to manage.
Stonehill
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Easton, MADecember 13, 2017
Stonehill is a great place to work! I have enjoyed my time here and I am just looking for the next step, i would love to stay if there was a position for me.
Excellent
Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Easton, MANovember 7, 2017
I was a student worker, heavily involved with the theatre department. Every department that I was involved with were excellent. Everyone was friendly and willing to help.
it was a part time position and was called when needed- I worked at events and functions
Waitressing for functions (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAOctober 3, 2017
there is nothing bad I can say - I worked there in the late 90's and was mostly with the college students. Did waitress and bartend at a few functions that I worked. I had good people that I worked for and looked forward to going to work when I was called
Great
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MASeptember 14, 2017
Highly enjoyable workplace surrounded by great people, great faculty, great students. The culture is very warm and supportive overall. Highly recommend.
Nice place to work
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Easton, MASeptember 11, 2017
Good place to get some experience dealing with people and the challenges college students present. Small school, so the Campus Police Dept. was very small when I was there and not as organized as a large university. This position would be good for someone new to Law Enforcement/Security or those looking for a nice retirement job.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
low pay; more security then police work
Stonehill's Chemistry Department lab
Chemistry Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Easton, MAJuly 22, 2017
*Job gained through the work study program with the college*
Staff is very understanding of students' workload and offered the possibility to have flexible schedule. A typical work day may vary but assignments are, for the most part, the same. General knowledge of the classwork is beneficial for lab assistants.
Great College!
Assistant Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJune 24, 2017
Stonehill was a wonderful place to work. The students are dedicated and the tennis program was good. I would recommend Stonehill College as a great place to work.
Leadership
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 20, 2017
it was great to be a part of a culture where winning and leadership is needed. Being with other students who are leaders was awesome because I could see their ways of being a leader and take that into my own experiences.
Love It
Activities and Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 18, 2017
Great student job! Love it! You will ref basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, floor hockey, etc. games. You will be a desk attendant at the front desk or the fitness floor.