StoneRidge Retirement Living Communities Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Dix Hills, NYMay 30, 2019
I found it enjoyable and creative, assisting with elderly, wether it was helping them come in and out of pools or watching them from recommend this place to anyone.
Is not a quality workplace(poor/disorganized management) or a quality home for your family
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  StoneRidgeApril 5, 2019
It’s just a business. There is no concern for employees or residents. This is very upsetting when you have a love and desire to care for the elderly . A very underhanded company.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Poorly run company from Myerstown
Not a very good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myerstown, PAMarch 5, 2019
Stoneridge has never had a management team from the head guy to the DON..that knew what they were doing. They are always losing management every year or two. They really don't show any appreciation to their employees, the ones that work endless hours and are great nurses..who only stay there for the residents. No recognition at all for the ones that have been there for 20 or more years...they just let them walk out the door if they are not happy,not willing to listen and try to make something work. Making cna work by there selves on the floor, and not calling in help. It is a horrible place to work.
A lot of responsibilities for little pay.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAFebruary 7, 2019
I worked there for over a year, and only made $7.50, and every newcomer after me was paid more. There are a lot of responsibilities and very little time to complete them. Very poor management. Would not recommend.
Horrible place to work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAOctober 11, 2018
Where to begin? The company is a wreck. They do not care about the residents, employees, nothing but themselves. You will not get any sick time off and barely any PTO. Everyone's pay rates are different and not competitive as they always claim. There is no communication within the company. If you have an entry level job anyone "above" you treats you like a second class citizen. Everyone in the company who is not in an office type job is overworked. The turnover rate is unbelievable due to the poor working conditions. If you like to be worked so hard that you can barely have a bathroom break or only sometimes get a lunch break this is the place for you. This place will mentally drain you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Its omay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myerstown, PASeptember 17, 2018
The place isnt bad but there are a lot of stuff they need to work on such as staffing and organizing but the workplace itself isnt bad some of the employees are miserable and they dont pay good enough
Pros
Clean
Cons
Healthcare
Not a good place to work. Employees treated bad
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  CarlisleSeptember 4, 2018
They do not care about employees or their safety. They do not care about the residents or their well-being. Terrible place to work. Dirty condition poor maintenance of the building. Unqualified management
Pros
Fexible hours..fair pay
Cons
Dirty
Disreputable Christian Workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAJuly 13, 2018
After working here for nearly half a decade, my opinion of the company has decreased tremendously. Use this workplace as a steeping stone for only 6-12 months. Do not stick around for any longer. Other retirement homes in the area have better compensation, for any type of position. The position I had was merely a first-job for many, and each employee started out at a completely different rate. Someone complained about the pay differential and it ended up hurting the other employees. The higher paid employees' wages were reduced due to an "in-house audit" after years of "incorrect pay". Compensation is unfair and makes zero-sense. The upper-management is unorganized and does not plan well, as another review had also stated. The turnover is so high, and many employees feel as though they are overworked and not appreciated enough, nor are they getting enough compensation. Employees also do not have easy access to the HR department because you need a special key fob to get to their offices. An HR related issues must go through a director first, (at least in my department) and sometimes it feels as though it is not even worth trying to resolve any issues since it appears to be such a hassle. You may feel very helpless. Some residents were a pleasure to have around and to get to know on a personal level. My direct superiors were wonderful. They treated everyone with kindness, were very understanding, and you could confide in them. Once again, use this workplace as a stepping stone and settle elsewhere.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unfair Pay, Unorganized Upper Management, No Part-Time Benefits, 2% Pay Raises Every Year, Felt Discriminated Against, High Turnover
Productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myerstown, PAMay 30, 2018
Great residents
Some good staff
Good LPNs
Some good RNs
Okay doctors
Good second shift differentials
................................................
Pros
Meals
Cons
Short breaks
Nursing Home Community
Activities Aide (Current Employee) –  Myerstown, PAApril 29, 2018
Activities at Stoneridge is quick-paced as well as rewarding. I've learned to always have a plan B in mind while programming to include as much resident participation as possible. In a typical day you can expect to have anywhere from 2 to 4, 1:1 visits, hold programs on individual floors for as little as 30 minutes at a time, or be responsible for transportation and monitoring of main lounge entertainment. The hardest part of the job is by far the paperwork. It is vital to take notes to ensure accurate documentation.
Social Work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAApril 12, 2018
plan discharges; coordinate services

Poor management. No annual raise. Poor communication throughout the entire company as a whole. Favoritism. Benefits are not that good.
stressful yet enjoyable
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PADecember 17, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job at StoneRidge Retirement was getting to know the residents and learning about their lives and their history and seeing how much things have changed from then until now.
loved it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shillington, PANovember 9, 2017
I loved working here. was planning on moving closer but fate didnt have that in the cards for me. I would love to go back there and work but its just to far and im unable to move currently
Great supervisors and work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PASeptember 13, 2017
This was a great job to have during school and right after school for me. It was a good working environment with hard workers and great supervisors. This job helped me decide to get my CNA. The residents were great.
Pros
Smooth running kitchen
Cons
No full-time position at the time of my employment
The residents
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAMay 16, 2017
I really enjoyed spending time with the residents and they would talk about when they would go and hangout with their friend, where they worked and the best time they had spending time with their family.
Pros
The staff were really nice
Cons
they would put the residents to bed right after they ate supper, the staff wouldn't take the resident's to the bathroom when they needed to use the restroom
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAMay 8, 2017
Working as a team our goal was to get our resident's meals to them in a timely manner. By performing line service and serving in the different kitchens on the floors, we were able to get our residents their food prepared, hot, and served.
Challenging workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAMay 8, 2017
A typical shift for me was, 2nd shift. I assisted residents with their activities of daily living, made sure that all my documentation was done and on time.
Management was available to speak with when needed.
Very Slow work and not enough pay
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PANovember 27, 2016
A day working at stoneridge is very stressful because anyone who would be above you would definately let you know. I learned that not everyone at work is always your friend and the management was terrible. The co-workers that worked in the same department as you were great because they struggled just as much as you did. The hardest part of the job would be when you have to try and make all of the residents happy and then only enjoyable thing about working here was to be able to go home at the end of the night.
Pros
lunch on an 8 hour shift
Cons
Co-workers
fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myerstown, PANovember 15, 2016
Fun Place to work
Job Advancement
Boss is nice to work for
Security is not around when you need them
Not enough activities to do for the residents
fun working enviroment
Senior Care and Retirement Living Services (Former Employee) –  Myerstown, PAMarch 11, 2016
it was fun to be around the people i worked with and the residents that lived there. there was stuff to do all the time the moto we stuck by is if you have time to lean its time to clean
Pros
free lunch, great enviroment
Cons
healthcare, full time