Stonerise Healthcare Employee Reviews

Faith based, family centered employer
RN Clinical Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVApril 9, 2018
Stonerise Healthcare is a company built on faith and centers their mission statement on loving one another. They are family oriented, and truly care about their employees and the communities they are serving.
Family atmosphere
RN Unit Manager - Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVApril 5, 2018
From first day I felt like I was home and that the new coworkers felt like family and we got along great with each other. Really work together well for the good of the unit and our residents!!
Oh and our residents are such a joy. It’s like having aunts uncles and grandparents to hang out with all day!
Never a dull moment!!!
Pros
Coworkers feel like family
Cons
Healthcare is stressful job by nature
Ineffective management
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMarch 3, 2018
In process of changing ownership, having inspections, was very chaotic. Immediate Management was new and inexperienced, untrustworthy, untruthful in hiring, reassigned position at will, without adequate training. When inevitable mistakes were made due to inadequate training, was asked for resignation and listed as no rehire.
Pros
Good meals
Cons
Poor management
dont go there
former employee (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVFebruary 14, 2018
Never saw such chaos in my life. Often pulled RNs to do CNA work. never enough help. Management likes to intimidate employees and be extremely unreasonable. People cant do their intended jobs. Place needs major overhaul.
Not enough instruction and background in job.
Pros
not many
Cons
management, pay
Family like environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company, but circumstances arose and I am no longer employed there. I would recommend employment with the facility. Competitive environment.
Beautiful facility that is well kept.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 10, 2018
A potentially beautiful place to work if it were managed differently. The grounds and building are maintained nicely. This company claims to be Christian based but we are reminded that it is a business daily. I believe this facility could be the best around if the management stuck to what the owner intended from the very beginning.
Pros
Clean atmosphere
Cons
Lack of communication and no chance for advancement.
Management is flexible with schedule
Manager (Current Employee) –  WVNovember 20, 2017
I love working here very flexible with family schedule, good benefits compared to industry, owners are the best thing about company. Once they get their leadership team to match their vision...sky is the limit.
Pros
Flexible, advance in mgt, growing company allows for opportunity
Cons
Growing quickly a lot of changes, low on resources, not every Mgr leads mission
Dont even think of coming here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 16, 2017
Mgt feel lk thy are untouchable discrimanatory practices esp on minority groups always picking on good workers and rewarding “friendly workers” the admistrator will walk the building with his nose so high no clue of nursing bt want to implement nursing ideas very unprofessional and rude generally to every one
Pros
Patients
Through love serve one another
Clinical Quality Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 7, 2017
This Christian based corporation manages LTC and Home Health agencies in WV. Rapid growth and multiple changes have taken the company in a different direction. Stability is uncertain. Internal advancement is obsolete.
Pros
Benefits, pay, clinical team, flexibility, vacation, 401K
Cons
Politics, communication, travel, pay
full time lpn supervisor
fulltime lpn (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 3, 2017
assigned to 25/30 patients supervised 5/6/ cna s, worked second floor dementia alzhemiers patients . med pass , treatments, admissions, discharges, lab results, assist cnas in their work. called dr wrote orders followed thur with them.
Pros
full time job
Cons
management
worst place ever
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVOctober 31, 2017
I've been at this company for a few years now and they will stab you in the back as soon as they can. You are in fear of losing your job everyday. You are accused of things on a daily basis. Management is a joke..They have a lot of favoritism.
Excellent Place to Work
Internship (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 28, 2017
As an intern and AIT, I learned so much from the welcoming staff at stonerise. The residents are well taken care of and the staff have there hearts in the right place! Loved that this was a start to my career in LTC.
Pros
Flexible schedule, competitive pay
Great company!
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVOctober 19, 2017
Great company and atmosphere! Happy to work for this company. They put the patient's needs first. Great managment and compensation. Recommmend to anyone in therapy.
Staff are hard workers but are under staffed and under paid, respect is lacking in management dept.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lindside, WVOctober 18, 2017
Management is a joke, if you have kids and want to spend time with them this is not the place to work. Call ins are unreal always short staffed. You are always being called to come in on your days off and when you go in for your shift prepare yourself to stay up to 16 hours multiple times during the week.
Pros
Benefits, CNA/LPN are hard workers
Cons
Short staff, overworked and under paid, lack of management
Not a good environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 13, 2017
The higher up staff were not welcoming. It is a hard place to work and be happy when there is constant negativity going on. Do not take this job if you are under the age of 30 because obviously age means you can't do your job
Not everyone has the same heart as you
Assistant Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVOctober 2, 2017
I went into this job with such enthusiasm and excitement. I was determined to be a better person and have a new outlook on life. A new life and a new career, thats what I needed. but I forgot what my role was. I forgot that I was suppose to be the manager and not try to be everyones friend and that cost me in the end. I no longer want a position of management. because we are held to a higher standard then others, not that I didn't want to do the job. I had too many issues going on in my life and I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone about them. So ultimately it cost me my career, but I have no hard feelings against Stonerise. I just chose the wrong career.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
not everyone is your friend
Great company!
HR (Current Employee) –  WVSeptember 21, 2017
I love my job at Stonerise Healthcare. Wonderful environment that starts from the top and trickles down to all centers in the family! I recommend this company to anyone looking for a caring, family atmosphere!
stonerise healthcare
Medical Assistant/NA/caregiver (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 4, 2017
Stonerise healthcare was a good place to work if you can lift 50-100 pounds since youre helping with grandparents and taking responsibility to make sure they are taking care of. and to make sure their love ones are happy to see they are well taking care of which they pay money for. I am always happy to see a smile on a patient or their family memebers of all.
Pros
free lunch, 30 min breaks.
Cons
wasn't enough staff, was not enough cleaning
Not a good place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 1, 2017
A lot of the nurses care very little for the patients. As a CNA you bring up concerns about the residents and they don't want to help, very uncaring. Management shows very little care for their residents and employees. A lot of your coworkers don't want to help you.
Pros
Holiday pay and reduced lunches
Cons
Bad management
If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is
Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 18, 2017
Company is marketed as a Christian based company that puts residents and staff first. If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. Hypocrisy should be what is marketed.