StoneSprings Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Well it’s a fun place to work at
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 13, 2018
It’s a fun place to work at . They don’t discriminate, they treat employees and patients nicely. They work together as a team . Also see each other as a family. They allow family to work at different departments. The only thing that I don’t like about StoneSprings is when they sold the cafeteria employees to sodexo. When sodexo came they reduced people hours and even didn’t pay vacation for people, neither did they pay sick leave. The managers whenever they need vacation they go but when you want to take they don’t give you.
Pros
Very good place to work
Cons
Don’t like the snitching aspect and favoritism
Small hospital low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 7, 2018
Not competitive pay enough low wages...no communications between staff on changes and lack of services. Hca is based in texas where pay isn't competitive based on cost of living in dc area. Benefits are good though. Small census population therefore your job is at risk. No overtime. Small department though. Turnover rate is high.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Horrible Management and discrimination
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 2, 2018
Not the best job. Management was horrible (Parallon), especially corporate. They don't listen to their employees. Business was so bad, that they started to cut hours. There are too many other options to be stuck in a place like this. I ended up leaving and making more money and in a better situation. Best decision I ever made.
Pros
New facility
Cons
management, benefits, pay
state of the art facility
Charge Nurse / Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 28, 2018
New hospital with modern structure and technologies to assist healthcare providers and to improve patient outcomes. Friendly and outgoing place to work at.
Excellent experience as a travel nurse.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 7, 2018
Having come from a facility where I worked for 15 years, it was a great transition to travel nursing. The director has developed a good team as the hospital is readily growing. Travel nurses were utilized as this young hospital, almost 3 years old, is growing into a well needed community asset. Nurse midwives came to the hospital bringing many new patients and increasing the numbers of births per month exponentially. I was able to join the staff and learn the process in record time as I started on a very busy week. My 18 years of labor and delivery experience came in handy. I was able to master the new computer system and fit in very quickly. I have enjoyed working at this facility and have met many skilled healthcare professionals. I have learned many new skills, most importantly that if adaptability.
Pros
Flexibility in schedules
Cons
No newborn nursery
Most disorganized hospital ever
Surgical Technologist II, Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Aldie, VAJune 23, 2018
Turn over is high in all departments, travelers are on every floor and even they don't stay. Management is a joke. Don't waste your time, look elsewhere for employment.
Worst work environment
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 26, 2018
It is incredibly hostile. Employees do not stay there for very long, due to the low patient volume. Leadership is awful and unsupportive. I do not recommend it.
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities
Excellent workplace environment.
Executive Chef-Serve Safe Certified (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VA 20166December 19, 2017
Excellent workplace environment. Team players who respect each other. Works to exceed the patients and employees expectations. Open door policy to answer questions related to the job workplace.
Great Learning Environment
Registered Nurse ER Clin II (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 26, 2017
Typical work day depends, on the staff that are scheduled with you on your shift. U can either have an awesome day or a VERY HECTIC, and confusing day. I usually had great team members. I learned a ton.
I just always felt as if I was being judged, all the time, by the other co-workers, which was a very uneasy feeling.
Pros
Self-Scheduling
I love mentor and teaching as I supervise and have a pulse on thehospital
Nursing Administrator- Day Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VA 20166August 22, 2017
I love my job. It is great to work in a new culture and be able to build a positive culture vs being thrown in a toxic working environment. I love the flexibility of scheduling and the people are awesome. It is fun building a culture and having a input in was in going well and what is not. Administrators are readily available via personal cells or hospital cell.
Pros
2 years old
Cons
lack of communication at time
stonespring
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 7, 2017
stonespring hospital is a fun ,good place to work. they treat their employees as as family.they show respect towards each other. i will recommend this job to friends and family
rewarding place to work
Travel Nurse Assignment (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 19, 2017
stone springs is a new hospital, updated equipment, management very nice and do rounds in departments to talk to staff, schedule was great, doctors very nice to work with,
Pros
schedule and new equipment/facility
Cons
none; enjoyed everything
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Technician II, ICU, Float (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 19, 2017
Medical staff works well together. The most enjoyable part of my job is being to float to various departments and learning new skills to be able to assist anywhere I can.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not fully operational yet
Not a freindly work invironment.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 12, 2017
Lab director gives too much power to her coordinators. Coordinators play favoritism to their friends. I would not recommend anyone to work in this Laboratory. The Lab Director is a novice and her coordinators are bullies to whoever they don't like.
Pros
Good pay.
Good place to work.
PBX Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Aldie, VAJuly 12, 2016
It is a pleasant place to work. Everyone I come in contact is nice to work with. Unfortunately, business is very slow because we have only been open 7 months. The Emergency Department does most of the business. Hopefully, the patient census will increase.
Pros
Close proximity to my residence.
Cons
Business is slow because the hospital is only 7 months old.