Stonewall Cable, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Owners are nice
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rumney, NHMay 1, 2018
The owners are nice quiet work environment very professional and nice people however trainer is nice but not good at training and communicating with the new employees communication and being very busy trainer has others come in instead because their busy. Must be good with hands able to read between the lines and determined.
Pros
3 breaks and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and respect
Growing Company in Rumney
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Rumney, NHMarch 8, 2018
Stonewall is close to home and has flexible hours. After 8 years, I still like it and enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of the job can be parking in the winter, trying to advance to the next level, or getting reprimanded by supervisors or managers even though you did what you were trained to do. Not a bad place to work though.
Pros
2 10 min breaks, coffee, 30 min lunch, flexible hours
Cons
great co-workers
Great work incentive and employee family
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 3, 2018
While I enjoyed working for stonewall cable I had a tremendous amount of life happening in my life and was unable to give my all 100% to the company and this resulted in me becoming a less than adequate employee. I felt I was more a liability than asset.
I loved going to work, showing up, clocking in, good morning exchange with all employees, learning of our daily tasks and the set up process involved. Then came the assembly, reading prints collecting parts needed for build and challenging yourself to build quickly and efficiently, a friendly completion with peers. We encourag d and helped each other.
Pros
Perfect 9-5 40 hour work week with job stability and advancement
Cons
Must understand dynamics of assembly, not really a learn as you go, you either get it and love it or it’s not for you.
Assembler at Stonewall
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Rumney, NHNovember 7, 2017
I have worked for Stonewall on and off for a few years and I generally like the people I work with. Supervisors are okay as long as you take your work seriously. I live in Plymouth so it's an easy commute to work. 30 minute lunch breaks, free coffee, company parties, decent benefits.
Pros
Good Job Close to Plymouth
Cons
When the system is down, the company struggles to move forward.
Great coworkers and easy commute
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Rumney, NHOctober 9, 2017
Stonewall is close to home for me so it's an easy commute. The people I work with I get along with very well. We sometimes have company parties which is a good change of pace. For assemblers, the pay scale depends on your experience and training which motivates me to learn more.
Pros
My coworkers are great and it's close to home.
Cons
Things can seem over-complicated at times.
Great pace... unique business to Plymouth area
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Rumney, NHSeptember 11, 2017
I've worked here for several years now and I really enjoy it. The business is equivalent to something you'd see in much more urban areas but it's located in a small town (Rumney) which is great. There's about 80 employees so it's a good mix of people. The day-to-day is pretty basic and after a certain amount of time, you're expected to work independently. The difficult part is that there's always priority projects or issues so a lot of things get pushed to the side. All in all, if you're a hard worker and easy to get along with, you should enjoy your job at Stonewall.
Pros
Management respects your personal life. Professionalism is taken seriously. Quiet "campus".
Cons
Earned time can take a while to accumulate.
Productive with free coffee
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rumney nhAugust 6, 2017
The building of cables is fun but on the production floor you are not aloud to talk of personal matters unless you are management. It made it difficult to work there.
Pros
Working 7am to 3:30pm
Cons
Messy management
Good Place for an intern
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Rumney, NHMay 20, 2017
A typical day revolved around completing tasks for the marketing department. I learned a lot about digital marketing for a small business and what it takes to keep the company moving forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about marketing in a real business environment. I had a great time working at the company and I am really glad they had me as an intern.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks, unpaved driveway
Queit workplace and small company.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 12, 2017
Assembling different wires based on an engineering sheet. They train you to do that. Keeps the mind and hands busy. You are sitting down most of the day.
Pros
The hours weren't terrible.
Cons
Sitting down all day
Making cables
Cable maker (Former Employee) –  Rumney, NHJanuary 24, 2017
Making cables is very dry repetitive work it is mind numbing but keeps you busy I liked the staff and the job and love building cables but I moved and had to leave
Very interesting work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rumney, NHAugust 26, 2012
Very mentally stimulating job. Always learning something new and working with deadlines I found to be very enjoyable
Pros
working individually and in a team
Cons
it was hard to get the training to actually level up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonewall Cable, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Stonewall Cable, Inc. Reviews by Location