Stonewall Cable, Inc.

Stonewall Cable, Inc. Employee Reviews in Rumney, NH

Exciting.
Working in production was fun. There is always something new to learn. Everyday work is goal orientated. Quiet clean work invironment can be very relaxing.
Messy privately owned company
Messy place to work. Owners are quite detached from day to day operations. Was hired to run the chat on the new e-commerce website but was delayed. For 6 months I did website testing and busy work which got extremely fusterating. Always asked to take on new responsibilities with no pay increase. Late time can not be made up. No opportunity for overtime. If you keep your head down this is an ok place to work for northern NH
Great company to work with
Stonewall is a great place to work. Lots of new and exciting things going on all the time. Great work life balance and lots of company sponsored fun activities.
Do not work for this company trust me.
Barely any men that work there. They will talk smack about you on Social networking because they have no lives. They will treat you like dirt. The pay is terrible and they lie to you about when you will get a raise. Just don’t work here it’s not worth your time. Don’t train very well. Expect way too much out of everyone for little pay
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Growing too fast to catch up
It's hard to advance and get training to move up in the levels(pay), and there is a lot of favoritism/hand holding. If you work there long enough the rules don't apply, so if you can't stand seeing people constantly breaking the rules without consequence this might not be the place for you. Interesting job but assemblers are not treated equally to other departments, i.e. lower pay scale, low work, sent home when there is no/low work, no consistent training.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Favoritism
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Earned Time and Respect for Management Fades Fast
Accumulated earned time has to be used for sick, personal, and vacation. With kids and their occasional illnesses and school activities there is no earned time left for vacation . Unless your kids are grown or you have none or inherited enough money that unpaid vacation and sick time is no big deal. Don't stir the pot either. If I see something unfair happening I keep my mouth shut. I have seen what happens when someone stands up for what's right --- they get fired or demoted. And management is paranoid about looking bad or being talked about negatively... so much so that they spend countless hours reading emails rather than focus on building a happy workplace. They say FISH is the philosophy. Whatever. I can't even earn a livable income busting my rear end for VERY UNAPPRECIATIVE MANAGEMENT.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management.
Owners are nice
The owners are nice quiet work environment very professional and nice people however trainer is nice but not good at training and communicating with the new employees communication and being very busy trainer has others come in instead because their busy. Must be good with hands able to read between the lines and determined.
Pros
3 breaks and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and respect
Long term employment near Plymouth
My family lives in Plymouth so it's nice to have a decent job close to home. The owners are very nice and the company is well run. I really enjoy my job and intend to stay long term.
Growing Company in Rumney
Stonewall is close to home and has flexible hours. After 8 years, I still like it and enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of the job can be parking in the winter, trying to advance to the next level, or getting reprimanded by supervisors or managers even though you did what you were trained to do. Not a bad place to work though.
Pros
2 10 min breaks, coffee, 30 min lunch, flexible hours
Cons
great co-workers
Assembler at Stonewall
I have worked for Stonewall on and off for a few years and I generally like the people I work with. Supervisors are okay as long as you take your work seriously. I live in Plymouth so it's an easy commute to work. 30 minute lunch breaks, free coffee, company parties, decent benefits.
Pros
Good Job Close to Plymouth
Cons
When the system is down, the company struggles to move forward.
Great coworkers and easy commute
Stonewall is close to home for me so it's an easy commute. The people I work with I get along with very well. We sometimes have company parties which is a good change of pace. For assemblers, the pay scale depends on your experience and training which motivates me to learn more.
Pros
My coworkers are great and it's close to home.
Cons
Things can seem over-complicated at times.
Great pace... unique business to Plymouth area
I've worked here for several years now and I really enjoy it. The business is equivalent to something you'd see in much more urban areas but it's located in a small town (Rumney) which is great. There's about 80 employees so it's a good mix of people. The day-to-day is pretty basic and after a certain amount of time, you're expected to work independently. The difficult part is that there's always priority projects or issues so a lot of things get pushed to the side. All in all, if you're a hard worker and easy to get along with, you should enjoy your job at Stonewall.
Pros
Management respects your personal life. Professionalism is taken seriously. Quiet "campus".
Cons
Earned time can take a while to accumulate.
Productive with free coffee
The building of cables is fun but on the production floor you are not aloud to talk of personal matters unless you are management. It made it difficult to work there.
Pros
Working 7am to 3:30pm
Cons
Messy management
Good Place for an intern
A typical day revolved around completing tasks for the marketing department. I learned a lot about digital marketing for a small business and what it takes to keep the company moving forward. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about marketing in a real business environment. I had a great time working at the company and I am really glad they had me as an intern.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks, unpaved driveway
Making cables
Making cables is very dry repetitive work it is mind numbing but keeps you busy I liked the staff and the job and love building cables but I moved and had to leave
Very interesting work
Very mentally stimulating job. Always learning something new and working with deadlines I found to be very enjoyable
Pros
working individually and in a team
Cons
it was hard to get the training to actually level up