Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Producative and a great wirk place
Human Resources Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVJune 20, 2018
A typical day is always busy. I learned more about Human Resources and recruitment. My team is the best, always there for you. It is very stressful but is rewarding. The hardest part is probably calculating benefits. The most enjoyable was my team.
Pros
Working together
Cons
Raises
Home-grown environment
CIO/Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Weston, West VirginiaJune 5, 2018
Short staffed but hard working. Most management is light in experience. As a rural environment there is a family feel within the staff. The staff are very involved with the community.
horrible place
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVMarch 17, 2018
terrible customer service, people think they are better than everyone, staff makes fun of patients and co workers, cannot make a living wage, people make false accusation against one another, VERY hostile work environment
Pros
close to town
Cons
management only cares about power and money
Horrible Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Med SurgFebruary 19, 2018
Management has no clue how the floor works. Supervisors never help. They give you more patients and unable to provide proper care. The pay is very low and the benefits suck. The patients suffer in the end. The only thing stonewall cares about is making a profit and giving bonuses to administrators. The employees have not received pay raises in 2 years or more. But administration has received their bonuses.
Pros
Awesome coworkers but they are leaving
Cons
Horrible pay and benefits. Patient to nurse ratio is awful
Never rewarded for good job performance but make a mistake and they will burn you!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJanuary 5, 2018
Don’t do it!!! Co workers will not stand up for you but help to get you fired!! Very bad work environment! Management doesn’t know what goes on during your work hours!!!
Pros
Loved patient care
Cons
Staff will let you drowned and make false statements to get you fired!!!
work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJanuary 3, 2018
Unpredictable, over worked during peak time, slow in summer cant guarantee work to the point you have to use your paid time off for a pay check. worked on Med surge unit.
Pros
almost all medical was covered
Cons
patient to staff ration high
Busy
Human Resources Manager-Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVDecember 22, 2017
Multitask is the main part of this job. You begin something and the phone rings and you have to fix something or find out information for someone. Its very busy and there is never 'nothing' to do.
Pros
I work with a great group of people
Cons
I see no room for Advancement
Team Work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVOctober 16, 2017
Here at Stonewall, the ability to work well with a team is key. Healthcare in general is about cooperation to do what is best in any situation. The staff take care of one another.
overall good environment in the work place
nursing aide (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJuly 11, 2017
sometimes a good place to work but not paid fairly. my coworkers were awesome and i liked working with the patients providing personal care. everyone was really helpful and since i worked in the telemtery unit i was much more valuable. the stress of the job was overbearing somedays but i enjoyed working with my nurses and my patients in our unit.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not long enough breaks in between lunch break
Clinical Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVJune 29, 2017
I have loved working there. It is like working for family. I have many friends now since working there. I am just looking for a different opportunity and would consider working there again.
wonderful people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVMay 16, 2017
the people at the hospital were great to work with, upper management didn't always listen to concerns or requests from staff, generally a nice place to work but not much room for advancement
Room for Growth
Respiratory Therapist/ Sleep Tech (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVJanuary 29, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Stonewall for the last 3 years. I have personally learned and grew more in those three years there than I believe I could have anywhere else.
Good job, great management, good learning experience.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJanuary 24, 2017
The job was fast paced, good flexibility, easy to learn with some experience and training. Good teachers/management. Friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, pleasant work environment
Cons
alot to learn in a quick timeframe.
Productive and heavy lifting.
Materials Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVAugust 21, 2016
Place is great place to work, just not enough hours. I need more hours like 80-85 or more. Need a better paying job also for me and my family. Thank you
Na
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  230 Hospital PlazaMarch 1, 2016
Implement and administer various facets of employee recruitment, on-boarding, and orienting, including post-offer, pre-employment screenings, E-Verify, and Affirmative Action Plan tracking. Manages Employee Performance Review Program. Adept in time and attendance, as well as balancing procedures for successful benefits audits.
Fun and Educational workplace
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jane Lew, WVJanuary 12, 2015
I learned several different key pieces of knowledge that will forever help me in the growth of my career.

The people I worked with were extremely friendly and welcoming, always willing to teach.

Management was ideal, and I say this because they were always right there with you to answer any questions you had for them, and they were always friendly and considerate.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, fast-paced, all about the patient
Cons
I didnt get to do much because of me being a student
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJune 3, 2014
was always busy at the offices working, but always enjoyed my days there working, cause the smiles on the patients faces.
I enjoy taking part in the care and treatment of peoples health.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVAugust 2, 2013
My day consists of assisting the doctor with the care and treatment of patients.
My medical knowledge has increased with hands on training and working with a great doctor.
I work well with structure and organization. There is always room for improvement, whether it be employee or employer.
I have great chemistry with my co-workers, we all work well together. The continunity of care, business, etc in an office happens with great teamwork.
Hardest part of my job is telling patients bad results and death.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I help people and bring smiles and laughter to the public and to my co-workers.
Pros
public and schedule m-th 8-5, fri 8-12
Cons
pay and lack of structure at times
Good starter position
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJuly 6, 2013
This hospital is a great place to start a career, although if your goal is to advance to anything other than what you were hired for you better know someone high up in HR or be prepared to be in the same position for years to come. Pay is just a little over minimum wage, and you rarely get a pay raise ( I worked there for over 2 years and I only received one pay raise totally .7 cents.
Pros
Doctors are friendly, paid time off
Cons
Little potential for advancement, McDonalds workers make more hourly
Great Workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVJune 17, 2013
I had a good time working with Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital. It was a good place a socially and professionally.
Pros
Socially- My Co-Workers were amazing to work with
Cons
Insurace- My Insurance through the hospital only covered that Hospital not any other Hospitals