Stony Brook University Employee Reviews
United States344 reviews
Found 344 reviews matching the searchSee all 347 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
In my two years of working as a student employee at Stony Brook university as a Media Systems Engineering student I had a lot of learning opportunities in and outside of work. Because we were students they gave us plenty of breaks between making our schedule and taking time off to pursue academics. Regardless of this balancing the minimum 15 hours with school work still added some challenge in my life but definitely earned me skills from the job and skills of balancing aspects of my life that will last indefinitely.
Go out to eat lunch, flexible work hours, good pay, able to take off with advance notice.
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
It is safe to say, stony Brook university is among the best institutions in the United States. Personals are warm-welcoming, the administration is well structured.
Work/life balance not appreciated. Very low compensation compared to other health systems, but good benefits. Major bureaucracy issues, not responsive to employee feedback.
See more jobs
Jobs at Stony Brook University
Psychiatrist, Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor, Psychiatry, Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) - Full Time
Stony Brook, NY
30+ days ago
The department that I worked in was like a family. I loved working there and I enjoyed helping the radiation oncology patient and giving them a smile everyday. It was a joy to work there but unfortunately I had to move where I could afford to live. If rent was cheaper I would still be there and I would retire from there.
The student assistant job was not glamorous, but I enjoyed the work I did. I experienced a lot of things I otherwise would not have. It was very convenient to have an on-campus job. The hours were very flexible which was great for my student lifestyle. The pay was not generous but it paid for takeout and used books.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stony Brook University. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 347 reviews
Ratings by category
Ratings from women
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Questions about Stony Brook University
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Stony Brook University?8 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Stony Brook University?7 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Stony Brook University about how to improve it?6 people answered
- If you were to leave Stony Brook University, what would be the reason?5 people answered
- How are the working hours at Stony Brook University?4 people answered
- What benefits does Stony Brook University offer?3 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Stony Brook University?3 people answered
- How long is the interview process? I applied for a job (my dream job, actually) back in July. I reac…2 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Stony Brook University?2 people answered
- What is Stony Brook University sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?2 people answered
See all questions and answers
Stony Brook University Reviews by Job Title
Stony Brook University Reviews by Location