Stop A Minit Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 30, 2018
They hired me for 2nd shift and I ended up on 3rd alone at a store that had already been robbed three times in exactly 3 months and no one ever told me any of that until my first night. I just didn't feel like they cared too much for their employees safety.
Very stressful
Cashier/Stocker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 9, 2018
Employment was like a revolving door. Managers had to cover other shifts daily; working 12 to 20 hours daily. Upper management gets upset when employees refuses to stay until they try to find coverage. If you leave the company, they talk about how lazy or how a person didn't want to work. The pay wasn't enough for some to continue too work without a day off. If a regular customer complained about something, employees get wrote up or fussed at without hearing both sides of the story. District managers suck up to the big boss in order to stay out of trouble. Point of it all: I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, not enough on pay increase, upper management is unprofessional
Good people
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 18, 2018
The company is family owned. They are great. They have insurance. You can advance in the company quick. You get the training you need. When you need help all you have to do is ask.
Cons
No breaks
Awful!
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 17, 2018
stop a minit is not a good place to work at. they are inconsistent. awful management. you dont get any days off not even for appointments oe anything important
Stressfull work enviorment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 18, 2018
Its a very stressful work environment and they treat their employees horribly very little opprotunity for advancements and very unprofessional. Most employees work themselves to death for that company and their hard work and very rarely reconized
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very little opprotunity for advancement and low pay. Workers treated horribly and unfairly
It’s a job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCJuly 15, 2018
It really wasn’t a bad place to work, some of the staff were amazing some not so much not all functions made sense not enuf inventory and the store manager wasn’t friendly
The only good thing I can say about this place is the customers and the 2nd shift manager!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson County, SCMarch 24, 2018
I'm a people person and really get along with everyone! The best part of this job first and foremost is the 2nd shift manager who happens to be great! But Stop-A-Minit really takes advantage of her and she hasn't had a day off in basically a month, and that's due to the 1st shift manager being to good to cover for her! The turn over is so huge that they are just about begging for people, but still won't hire the ones that are qualified! I'm leaving because I have 2 job offers with pay ranging from $3.00 to $4.50 more an hour and I will get breaks and a lunch break! This job was an experience that I'm glad I did because of the people I met! But I'll never work at another one again!!!
Pros
Good customers and some good people to work with.
Cons
Very poor pay, no breaks, poor management, and very long hours!
never a dull moment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 20, 2018
I opened the store at 5:30 for breakfast. I enjoyed working with the public. I became close to some of my customers and I really enjoyed getting to know them and their families. The hardest part of my job was getting time off.
Pros
working with some great people
Cons
no help
Life lessons
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 13, 2018
A normal day starts at 5:30 and they will work you 12 to 14 hours a day for not a lot of pay. You work almost all day by yourself and you have to do a list of stuff in between customers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers that want refunds or complaints.
Working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 9, 2017
It was not worth it. The pay sucks. The hours are horrible.
I would not recommend working here. it is as worse as working at mcdonalds. The way you are treated by some people aren't worth in and neither is the pay
Not the best
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 8, 2017
Store management is great but higher ups are rude and treat their employees like trash. There are barely any abilities for advancement and when there is advancement it is not worth the pay. Starts off at minimum wag and company does not offer any heart insurance. The owner of the company scams the employees just so his prices are cheap.
Pros
Cons
No heath care, no breaks, low rate of pay, high turn over, no direct deposit
This is a wonderful business to work and the workers are very friendly and understanding and work patiently with the new people that start there.
Waitress and cook (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 28, 2017
This job was the best experience I've had. I loved working there and my trainer was absolutely the best one yet. She was very understanding and worked with me until I got it right.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Late hours
Non hardworking people need not apply.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29624March 27, 2017
From the time I worked there, most of the work was done alone. Very few chances to do anything at all, other than your tasks and your tasks alone. District manager was a pain but overall the other workers seemed fairly nice. Had no flexibility whatsoever when it came to schedules.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
No actual breaks to be had.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 8, 2017
The Manager was a great person, really fun to work with. The customers were great to. The company not so much. I could tell that they didn't seem to care about anything but making money.
Pros
Manager, and customers.
Cons
No concern for anything, but money. salary.
Productive and very good job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 31, 2016
I loved interacting with other people. I'm a very outgoing and social person so everyone pretty much loved being around me. I loved working shifts by myself because it gave me time to work and focus on the tasks at hand . I enjoyed working at stop a minute .
Pros
Great hours. Nice pay, Pretty much had a lot of freedom as long as I got the job done correctly.
Cons
Couldn't take breaks bc I couldn't leave the counter. Very busy for one persons work.
Not a nice place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Diana, TX 75640August 5, 2016
No thank you, I would not recommend this company for anyone. The owners are not nice and they do not offer benefits.
Exciting place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 27, 2015
I began each day with opening the store. Meeting customers needs and maintaining a joyful attitude with each one regardless of the situation that sometimes would arise.I enjoyed my position because it gave me the chance to meet new people each day. As the store manager I was responsible for keeping the store clean, staffed and ordering products that the store needed, as well as sending all reports to the home office daily. Keeping the lottery checked in, accounted for and fully stocked daily was a must. I was blessed to have such great employee's that were always there when things became a little stressful as they sometimes would on very long days. The hardest part of my job were the 12-15 hour days that I would have to pull on frequent occasions. Overall I enjoyed the experience of working there, making new friends each day and working with the public.
Pros
Meeting new people daily
Cons
No break/No benefits