Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 3,268 reviews matching the search See all 3,283 reviews
Productive and fun place to work.
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 22, 2018
Working for Stop & Shop has been an excellebt source of gaining valuable experience in my career. Managemnt is very friendly and helps you on your path. I am very glad for my time at Stop & Shop.
Nice work environment
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, MAJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at stop and shop. I was basically my own manager working behind the service desk. It was nice to be alone, made me focus better on the customers.
Pros
I could drink and eat back there
Fun place to work
customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYJuly 19, 2018
Great job to have, but no life, alot of hours involved. Very hard work, you meet alot of good people. You get paid really well. Management needs work not fair when promoting employees thou.
Pros
Paid time off, holidays, vactions
Mixed opinion
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Little Neck, NYJuly 19, 2018
Some days is extremely busy and non stop work while others you can hear a pin drop across the store. Generally management is nice and professional, the place functions well.
Poor management
HEAD OF RECEIVING (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJuly 18, 2018
The company was once good, but now it just isn't. Management across the board is lost and it is because the higher-ups. Constant cutting and scrutinizing has made running the business next to impossible. The company is not going to last.
Pros
No one cares, insurance
Cons
No one cares
productive, collaborative
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 18, 2018
when i first started working here, it was fun, grew with alot of people. I learned to save and also spend wisely, the most hardest part for me was dealing with garbage as a porter.
Pros
holiday pay, sunday time in a half, going above and beyond for others
Cons
15 minute breaks
Very productive
Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJuly 18, 2018
Never had been a time where there wasn't anything to work on, especially when it comes to helping others on the deli team. The best part was getting to know the customers, so when they come for repeat items, it goes faster and they are happy for not having to wait for very long.
Pros
Good enviroment and good prople
Cultural exchange
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orleans, MAJuly 18, 2018
I like to meet a lot of people in the supermarket, they are nice and understandable. To be a cashier makes you responsible and kind, patient and open minded.
always things to do to be productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAJuly 17, 2018
Learned no matter what always to work hard, because hard work pays off. One thing I always have done is to stay focused. Always give respect to get it.
Pros
5% off
Cons
only 5% discount
Training ground for new managers
Porter (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant Beach, NJJuly 16, 2018
It was a difficult place to work. There was a revolving door of new managers being trained, and their expectations were inconsistent. There was one manager who was fantastic, and he should have been in charge of training all the future managers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Inconsistent expectations
A lot of excercise
Peapod Shopper (Former Employee) –  Ansonia, CTJuly 15, 2018
I love the fact that it was no customer contact it was 15 of us depending on the order we were able to wear headphones we walked about six miles a shift because we were shopping for customers online
Alot of Improvement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 14, 2018
Doing customer service, dealing with mostly nice customers. But like any other job you have customers that are down right nasty. You have to smile and take it all in. Some of the managers need to be replaced. Our store has a good store manager does do work and gets involved. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are yelling at you over a price or you telling them they did not get the right size and that they need to get the correct one. But you are told to do it because I messed up. When a customer who does not ask for help and when you give it to them they give you a smile and say thank you. Moral at the store needs to be brought up. At my other stop n shop stores they would do lunches or buy bagels and donuts and coffee. The current store does not believe in that.
Pros
time and a half on sunday
Cons
not getting enough hours to pay bills
It was ok
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSJuly 14, 2018
During the time when I was working at stop n shop, I was still in high school. So it was an good after school job. I was a stocker and bagger and I sometimes worked in the meat department
Good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 13, 2018
Stop & Shop has offered me a new position, frontend supervisor which will be taking action within couple days. Stop& Shop is a good environment. They do exsoect you to do more than what you applied to be for for same minimum pay which can be tricky upon
Good place to work. Relocation of full timers can be awful
Cashier/bagger (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 12, 2018
The benefits and union help with job security and pay raises and being treated fairly. Full time employees have to agree to be available to be transferred often. Full time employees rarely spend more than 1 year in the same store and some people can be put in stores where the drive is an hour away.
Pros
Discounts, healthcare, dental
Cons
Relocation
Fast pace environement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 12, 2018
Stop and Shop is a very fast pace environment, customers as well as management and employees can be rude, For minimum wage, it is not worth the job they make you do ,
The Review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 12, 2018
I stocked inventory, I dealt with unloading inventory from the daily shipments and I also blocked the shelves ( organized the products to make everything look clean.) I also filled in as a cashier.
stop&shop
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, NYJuly 12, 2018
it was a of job for the most very coold wor in the freever everyday but ovweall gone be a blessing to come to who ever get a chance to work for stop&shop
very good
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 12, 2018
One of my favorite jobs, worked in the meat department, assisted customers, helped sort meat and package the meat. Coworkers and management were great to work with
Terrible Management
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJuly 12, 2018
Assistant Store Managers and Store Managers are bounced around from store to store within districts. Most are lazy and rude. Very few good managers. Managers will often talk down to employees.
Pros
5% discount, paid vacation
Cons
management is terrible