Storage Asset Management Employee Reviews

Productive Job with room for Advancement
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILOctober 31, 2018
Great Experience Working for SAM. Very knowledgeable company and puts the Employees and Customers best interest first. Training is paid for as well as mileage reimbursement which is very uncommon these days.
Great company to work for!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Landisville, PAJune 12, 2018
I have worked in the retail field in one capacity or another for 20 years- from cashier to DM. I had zero experience with storage until I joined this company. And while I have been here less than 6 months, I can say this is probably the best company I have worked for. My DM is absolutely awesome. I like that I primarily work alone and that it is mostly general office work. The interactions with my customers has been at a more relaxed rate that the fast pace I had grown accustomed to. It's a nice change. There does seem to be plenty of room for advancement and you are openly encouraged to apply to any position that appeals to you.
A typical day, if there is such a thing, is usually spent maintaining the property, marketing for new customers, processing payments/office work, signing leases with new move-ins and communicating with current tenants.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the occasional delinquent tenant. You have to make collection calls, send e-mails, etc.
But the hours are "bankers hours" which works out very well for people that have families. The pay is comparable. It's not a strenuous job. All of the managers in the area are in communication with one another which is especially helpful at the beginning- you can literally call any of them and they will readily help you out.
Overall, it's just a good job. I am always keeping my eye on our open positions for people I know. I recommend joining this company 100%.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
You may have to travel, if you are an assistant manager. But that's not a con, it's fun to see other stores.
Rapidly growing company! Opportunity for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 11, 2018
A typical work day is really set by the pace of the customers that will be coming in that day. Normally you would walk in conduct a property inspection, check emails, complete deposits, follow up on emails, and leads that came through the night prior. Then throughout the day taking care of customers and light maintenance of the property. Management is good, Many changes are taking place without much training being provided. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the changes of how fast the company is growing. The most enjoyable part of the position is being able to help customers in need and also collaborating with management on how to make my property succeed.
Pros
Pay, Schedule, Growth Opportunities, Management/HR is helpful
Cons
Communication
Very toxic company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 23, 2018
Everyone in the company has no idea what they are doing. You literally have people who think gmail and google mail are different platforms. NO room for advancment at all. Everyone in the company who has a high title if they think you are better or a threat you get fired or no training. Whatever happened to work as a TEAM.Coworkers are NOT willing to help you and the President of the company likes to pass on his work to everyone else. They will let some workers abuse power and rules but fire others for the same thing. Save your time and a huge headache with this company.
Pros
Cons
Horrible managment, no advancment, no training
Great
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 20, 2018
This journey has been short. But in this time frame I gained Managers that care about us on a personal as well as business level. I'm glad they allowed me to show them who I am as a person and a employee. There is growth within the company especially if you have proven you deserve it.
Pros
Hours, Flexible, Pay, Advancement
Great place for advancement
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  PAApril 12, 2018
Offer advancement and relocation IF you want to move elsewhere. Could give pay increase due to comparison of management salary in similar industries. Great work/personal life balance
Amazing company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Incredible company. Plenty of room for advancement, great benefits, awesome team in place. I started as an assistant manager and worked my way up to corporate as a DM. The whole team is fun, but driven. There are goals and objectives in place to drive managers to succeed.
Broom Job
Assistant Manager at Lock and key self storage (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 14, 2017
Normal Desk Job, that is great for college students who have time to work while attending college full time. There were flexible with my schedule as a single mother attending college. It requires basic computer skills, budgeting skills, and customer service.
Pros
Down time, flexibility with availability.
Cons
NO advancement. Not enough hours for part timers.
Great Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 28, 2017
Typical day at work is answering phone calls, follow up with leads, taking payments and working with customers to qualify them for the best possible storage unit. Management is helpful. Typically a 40 hour work week. Great company to work for and growing.
Pros
Good Pay, Decent Benefits
Cons
Schedule, Communication
Very busy, not enough workers
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDApril 10, 2017
Very stressful work environment. The business is two stores into one.
Usually only one to two workers on a shift. No breaks. Employees were not trained on proper UPS and leasing training
Excellent company to work for
Self-Storage Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLDecember 16, 2016
My job security points are low as they have only one location in Florida and the position usually requires part time employment only.
Pros
Excellent organization to work with and for
Cons
one location presently in Florida
Excellent company to work with and for.
Self-Storage Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLNovember 10, 2016
A typical day of work is taking payments, renting storage units and enjoying speaking with the clients, and cleaning storage units and hallways. I learned a lot about their corporate structure, and truly enjoyed my co-workers at other properties - everyone is willing to help you learn and earn.

Hardest part of the job was knowing it was ending when the property went up for sale.

Most enjoyable part was interacting with the management company and my co-workers both at the property and at other properties.

Company is very supportive of your needs for time off, illness should it come about, and working with you for compensation needs.
Pros
Very friendly company to work for.
Cons
Only one location presently in Florida now.
Owners don't care about their employees
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 2, 2016
Do not work here!! Owners don't care if their employees are harmed.There is no room for advancement. The owners don't care about anyone but themselves.
Pros
Cons
Owners have blatant disregard for their employees wellbeing.
Assistant Manager at Lock & Key Self Storage (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJSeptember 26, 2016
It is a great place to work especially if you have other jobs or attending college. They are great with working around schedules, and the people are very friendly.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
communication between managers
Great Company, owners are down to earth & friendly
Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 29, 2016
The company I worked for, for about 17 years, was actually bought by a private owner 6 months ago who uses Storage Asset Management , so I was kind of forced to either work for them or go find another job. It was a blessing, this company is everything a good company should be. They treat their employees well, they provide all of the benefits that a good company should offer, they keep up with technology & keep you informed & trained for all of the necessary things you need to know in the self storage business....Overall a top notch company in my opinion...
Pros
employee benefits package is outstanding
Cons
very little minor things, nothing big at all
Strong company- great industry
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2016
I have worked for them as a District Mansger for almost two years. The company culture is fantastic. Everyone is appreciative and supports each other.

The Self Storage Industry is strong and offers job security. S.A.M. is a great company that is growing quickly.

Highly recommended!
Pros
Strong Leadership
Would I accept the offer again.... No
District Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 14, 2016
Not the best employer to work for by all means. No real training, you learn as you go. If you have questions you better ask or disciplinary action. Pay was ok, had better paying positions with better work environments. Most people were friendly some were "out to get you"
Good Work - Life balance for the most part.
Okay to work for-needs improvement
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 16, 2016
Pay was ok, bonuses when reachable were ok. Managers do not listen to employees, they are focused on one thing not open to anything else. Once they realize the property managers are there to help and know their area, the better things would go. Job stability is scary, I saw facilities come and go, managed one year, sold another. This in turn is giving them a tarnished name. Employee insurance once it was offered seemed to be very pricey. All in all, not too bad to work for, but not long term, better for college students or in between jobs.
Pros
Management not local
Cons
Bonuses not reachable, employees not listened to or taken serious.
Nice place to work if strong bodied
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 18, 2016
The day would begin with pulling up reports and doing daily deposits and general office duties. Customers would come into the storefront for information and tours of the storage areas. Interaction with them was enjoyable. My duties did require physical maintenance work which became too strenuous on my body. My co-workers were pleasant and the Lead Manager was easy to work with. Using my teaching abilities, I trained 4 employees for Lead Management positions, opting out of that position myself due to the full-time hours required. I learned to use Excel, host auctions, and participate in weekly marketing activities. I did well with the marketing, however, I don’t enjoy trying to talk someone into something they don’t want. There were times when I was called off duty late at night for a “disturbance” on the property and had to go there to settle it. This too was not my favorite thing to do. I truly enjoyed running errands and I would say my favorite part was signing up a new customer because I’m a “people-person” and enjoy the professional interaction of meeting needs and making someone feel at ease. If it weren’t for the physical duties of general office cleaning - including windows and mopping storefront floor, cleaning out and mopping storage units, broom sweeping long hallways in the storage buildings, picking up trash on the property, shoveling snow, and working alone on the property – especially after dark, I’d still be there.
Pros
hours, interaction with people, running errands
Cons
physical maintenance work
Always something different
Assistant Manager for The UPS Store (Former Employee) –  CarlisleMarch 13, 2014
Okay company to work for. The owner of the UPS store was terrible, rather than Storage Asset Management, but overall SAM was not on our side. They knew they had the potential for more opportunities with this owner and threw us by the wayside.
Pros
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Storage Asset Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Storage Asset Management Reviews by Location