Storage Rentals of America Employee Reviews

Unhealthy work environment.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 18, 2019
Unfortunately, there are work politics within the Delaware region of the company. This prevents working in a healthy work environment. The company doesn't schedule enough employees per site, so you are often times overworked.
Pros
company offers benefits
Cons
paid semi-monthly
Not worth time and effort
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 1, 2019
I have never felt more unappreciated at a company before. Helped them advance their company and grow by leaps and bounds and was not fairly compensated. If your regional manager doesn't like you you'll never advance. Even though you only met them once and have experience at the next level. Never got a raise even though 5 + months spent as the only employee and still produced amazing numbers and still kept an immaculate store. No bonuses for the extra work with Uhaul. With Uhaul it's a lot of cleaning, lifting, driving, dealing with rude customers, excessive phone calls and more but no compensation even though not every store has it. So you do extra work for free. The job has a lot of maintenance and cleaning and not fairly paid for it. Examples. Cleaning, having to dig stuff out of dumpster so garbage picks up, changing toilet seats, changing tires on carts, cleaning out units with heavy items, and much more. Please dont forget all the things required of you in the office on top of all this.... was very unfairly paid and when I asked of a raise I was denied. Mind you that person was the RM who I met once and doesn't like me.... also the benefits are so expensive you cant afford them.... only upsides are you work by yourself most of the time, can earn PTO time (if they let you use it). Please be weary before applying.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Read review way too many to list
Great work environment but no advancement opportunities
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 29, 2019
Worked for SROA for 2 years. Great team even through multiple upper management and corporate transitions. They have a vision of who they want to be. Great first start into Self storage but no advancement opportunities beyond store manager and you do feel you’re just a warm body in the office.
Pros
Great hands on experience, great benefirs
Cons
Short lunch break
SROA is an awesome company to work for. They care about their employees and customers alike. Fast oaced and productive compa y.
Property Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Greer SCJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. From the owner, to the property managers, it felt like a family run business but at a corporate level. This company truly cares about its customers and its employees. Very Innovative and reputable.
Pros
Exellent upper management and property management comminications
Cons
Short lunch break
Worst place to work ever!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day is very stressful, always required to do more then can be accomplished. If you don't work on your free time or off time then you will never meet their required demands. Management is a joke!! Others will step on others for career advancement. There is no balance between work/home life. The stress is so overwhelming that it affects your home life.
Cons
No balance with work/ home life, Wages are a joke for duties required, Work to many hours paid/unpaid to meet demands.
Productive work place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Salyersville, KYOctober 27, 2018
Very nice place to work. Very laidback atmosphere to work in. Good compensation. Decent bonus program. Most employees at this company are very easy to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Slow paced
Good location and support to employees
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHAugust 28, 2018
The office was kept clean and fully staffed. Management was easy to work under and cooperative. The job description was accurate and my peers were happy with the work done at the office.
Pros
Birthdays were celebrated with a party
Cons
there were no benefits
Fun work place
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 26, 2018
It is a fun place to work.There is over 64 stores to work at with this wonderful . Everyone is a joy to work with everyday. Very friendly coworkers at all sites.
Storage Rentals of America
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCAugust 7, 2018
Storage Rentals of America is a sold out company. All they care about is how many facilities they can build. I do not appreciated that one of the managers did something wrong to me and never got repermanded.
Frustrating Place of Employment
on-site manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 26, 2018
Once the company was sold, the new owners were all about the money and did not consider the demographic audience. They raised the prices (almost double) of the storage units within the first few months.
Cons
Management was not engaged with workers.
Best Job Ever
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2018
I love the interaction with the tenants being able to walk up to them and remember their names as if they are family or longtime friends.I love how since day 1 my manager made me feel like family. I have learned so much in my time working here for example how to great the customer and be able to tell them what size unit they need by just listening to what the want to store. The hardest part is to call a tenant and tell them their unit is going to auction, but i'm learning to get use to it.
Pros
working with people that have become family
Cons
nothing
Best Job!
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  London, KYNovember 16, 2017
This truly has been the best job I have ever had. Everyone is knowledgeable and willing to help you with anything. Of course you have a chain of command but you don’t have to be afraid to reach out to higher management if need be.
Fun
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCMay 29, 2017
Learned how to change weather strips and latches. Learned communication skills because you had to talk to them person in charge to get the units you needed to clean our or change or to check to see if they needed any work done to them.
The next call was a roll of the dice good/bad or ugly.
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Danville, KyJanuary 21, 2015
Co-workers are the best part of the job
All the auction calls and getting cursed out is the hardest part of the job
No set procedure
Some customer can pretty irate. When you unlock their locker you wish you had you gun on you.