Storage Rentals of America Employee Review

View all Storage Rentals of America reviews

Not worth time and effort
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 1, 2019
I have never felt more unappreciated at a company before. Helped them advance their company and grow by leaps and bounds and was not fairly compensated. If your regional manager doesn't like you you'll never advance. Even though you only met them once and have experience at the next level. Never got a raise even though 5 + months spent as the only employee and still produced amazing numbers and still kept an immaculate store. No bonuses for the extra work with Uhaul. With Uhaul it's a lot of cleaning, lifting, driving, dealing with rude customers, excessive phone calls and more but no compensation even though not every store has it. So you do extra work for free. The job has a lot of maintenance and cleaning and not fairly paid for it. Examples. Cleaning, having to dig stuff out of dumpster so garbage picks up, changing toilet seats, changing tires on carts, cleaning out units with heavy items, and much more. Please dont forget all the things required of you in the office on top of all this.... was very unfairly paid and when I asked of a raise I was denied. Mind you that person was the RM who I met once and doesn't like me.... also the benefits are so expensive you cant afford them.... only upsides are you work by yourself most of the time, can earn PTO time (if they let you use it). Please be weary before applying.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Read review way too many to list

Other Storage Rentals of America Employee Reviews

“The Ghetto of the Storage Industry”
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Prices Corner, DEAugust 14, 2019
That’s a quote from a snarky Senior Store Manager with 10 years experience in the storage industry. Totally believable. For $12 an hour, you do the same work as the Property Manager! You perform sales, marketing, customer service, inventory control, data entry, collections, cashiering and janitorial services, and you have to pivot between them at a moment’s notice. The properties are not well maintained, so there is always clean up work! The customers get quite a shake down with rental increases and steady reminders to pay, so when they leave, they often leave a mess behind. Management proved to be profoundly inept - who can’t put together a weekly schedule before the week starts? The corporation drives to buy up even more properties without fixing the issues in the ones they currently own. I don’t have enemies I would recommend for this job!
For those praising this company as being so great !
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYAugust 11, 2019
FIRST OFF ! The ones praising the company as being so great will eventually figure out they are just a space filler with the company until someone else better comes along .It appears a district manager , regional manager or someone from West Palm Beach has sent out a mass email or during a conference call told the present employees to come to indeed and give some positive reviews . I am not someone that was fired from this company , I left by my own decision because what was once a decent place to work had became a joke. I do not recommend working for this company , nor do I recommend doing business with this company in any way . Its a sad situation when what was once not a bad place to work and actually had a family atmosphere between employees has became such a poorly rated company . They care nothing about employees or customers ..