Store Opening Solutions
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Working at Store Opening Solutions: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

companyjobworkgoodpeoplehardlongmanager

There are better places to work

It's a nightmare. No management what so ever. You can forget about moving up in the company when they can't even take care of there good employees.

No opportunity for career growth. They hire from outside instead of promoting from within. Meager pay raises annually.

Terrible job and even worse management. People in the offices don’t give a dam about the employees working on the floor. They would rather hire from outside to fill leadership roles. You constantly have to train your new boss. It’s all about numbers. They constantly ask you to explain why you have a gap in production times. Job culture sucks.

Pros

Decent benefits

Store Opening Solutions insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good people, Bad, cliquey management!

When hired I TRULY believed this was the job I would retire from, however, after observing management and how they threw away their most effective and SMART people I knew I wouldn't last. I saw them set up their most efficient and productive manager. I saw the backstabbing that went into it. I, myself, was a CSR but practically RAN my area because my manager NEVER came to work. I handled everything and very well at no extra pay. He, however, was protected by the clique. They blamed Covid and told me that my responsibilities were being transferred to Texas...oh, but they said they would give me great recommendations! They wound up going through numerous CSR'S after realizing that the position could not be handled remotely. I worked so hard, never late and extremely efficient and underplayed. Most have left since I've been there, some fired, some walked! Terrible company, terrible!

Pros

Some nice people!

Cons

Almost everything!

Dysfunctional at its worst

Very unstable backstabbing culture with no clue what to do with their talented team members. When I started I was promised I would handle new business that was about to hit. A month in I was tasked to clean up another managers mess. About a year later when the new business finally came to fruition I was tasked to tackle the new business while the previous manager was allowed to take back the line of business I had fixed. I was given zero support for the new project, and we were doomed to fail due to the lack of planning or direction from the executive management team. I was of course cast as the scapegoat. This has happened historically with this company. It was a true blessing to leave such a miserable dysfunctional organization. If you are considering working here, and have any talent or desire to grow professionally DO NOT WORK HERE. You will only survive if you play nice with other managers and fit their personal agenda.

Pros

My last day of employment

Cons

See above

Store Opening Solutions is not a good company.

When I worked there, I was asked to help create positive change within the company; however, my ideas were shot down over and over. The culture there is surface level professionalism, and a deep understanding that no one actually cares and it will be business as usual. Upper management was never there or available. Entry level employees were worked hard for little wages. Anyone who come in and doesn’t play nice with the management clique gets booted off the island (myself included). Don’t work here.

Pros

Cons

The list is too long

Traveling was fun, management horrible

They dont have things in order, too much miscommunication and not enough planning ahead. Ur just a # making them alot of $. Payroll never has it right, told ud get one thing they pay another. They say they stand behind you yet dont.

Not for long term employment

Travel work can be extensive and exhausting but knowing that going in still didn’t prepare me for the horrible management. Favoritism, cliquey, people with questionable backgrounds.... good to get your finances in order but I don’t see how anyone can work for SOS longer than a few months.

Pros

Overtime, meet new people

Cons

Time away from home, expenses

I enjoyed working at SOS. I Learned a lot in a short period of time.

great place to work. Management has an issue however. Uncertain of how the job should be completed in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was not having ALL the necessary tools and resources to complete the reset

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

management is bad

Ok place to work

The pay is good, but the training is lacking. People are coming in and being trained by senior members who don't know what they are doing. There is little room for advancement and the work is stagnant.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

HR is terrible

Horrendous

By far the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Hostile work environment. It is common place for varying degrees of harassment, from executives to warehouse personnel. People are rewarded for backstabbing, and will only get ahead by openly trashing your boss to gain their position. If you don’t fit in they will just offer you a severance ( because there is zero performance management they can’t fire you). They just toss you aside like trash. One of best days of my career was being let go by these losers. They also openly round down team members hours costing them thousands a year.

Pros

Give real opportunities to those who have felonies.

Cons

See above

Ghost Candidates

I applied for a management job and they totally Ghosted me. I did the phone interview and then the in person and tour interview. They said that they would be calling and asking for my references but never called or emailed. I am a War Veteran and I think that I should have at least got a call or email stating that I didn't get the job at least I think that is what I have earned.

Terrible Culture

When I came aboard in January things seemed promising. Good manager, HR seemed to truly care. Health insurance day one. However over last few months things have deteriorated severely. As soon as pandemic started company lost major account over bad contact, then my manager was let go for reasons I’ll never understand. Current regime is useless. When they show up do nothing but smoke cigarettes and drive around in golf cart. HR was non existent after hiring event in January before pandemic. Absolute train wreck of a company. Everyone is given direction from women who is never there, and is delusional.

Pros

Benefits day one

Cons

Cheap company, nepotism

Disappointing

Overall my experience with Store Opening Solutions was a major disappointment. HR team is caring and tries their best, however team is too small to support multiple locations. Major issue lies in the operations department. The wrong people are trusted. Team members who act professionally and have a clue what they are doing are cast aside, and those who are yes people are kept. Turnover especially within leadership positions is staggering.

Great company! Great Culture!

I have been in the work force for 20 years, and at Store Opening Solution for a few. I must say that this is a great place to work. My manager always listens to my opinions, and I feel very valued. The benefits are better than anything I have had in any previous roles, the time off is fair, and for the job, the pay is great. Upper management is always respectful and makes an effort to be involved. HR is supportive, and always quick to help with any issue. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career and wants to be appreciated.

Laid off for one typo

I was never written up for performance, never had a verbal warning and one typo I was laid off at the beginning of this pandemic. When I first started there it was amazing after my boss was laid off I knew it was only a matter of time and they would find any reason to let me go and they did.

Would not recommend working there

Unorganized,sexist,and racist environment. Rules are not followed and upper management is unprofessional. There are some good people there but most are not happy. Way to cold in winter and way too hot in summer.

Backstabbing Administration

Power struggle with the administration and leads. Leaves have to follow the orders of the women that sit in the office and don't know s*** about their job

Pros

Good learning experience how Warehouse is run

productive and easy paced

typical day is easy, most of my account is done in the morning and end by lunch, than i work another account placing orders. there s nothing hard about my job nor stressful.

Productive and fun place to work until there was no work.

A typical day was 8 hours long, Monday- Friday. Easy job,nothing hard. Management wasn't as strict as we were told they would be. As long as the job was done in a timely manner things were always fine. Hardly ever had mandatory overtime.

Productive,efficant

Great company to work for. Lots of changes that are for the good for customers and employees. Lots of room to grow with the company. The HR Dept .is always available anytime with meeting scheduled.

Pros

Team meetings, incentives

Cons

Healthcare

A very big comany

Great benefits Management was ok. Felt like a just a number there the hardest part of the job was the long term traveling The best part of the job was the people Great co-workers

Pros

A lot of benefits

Cons

Too much traveling involved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Store Opening Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits