Store Supply Warehouse LLC Employee Reviews

Poor Working Conditions
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 13, 2018
No regard to life outside of work definitely would say do not work here not worth it and putting workers down for days missed or if one mistake was made
Pros
Food Truck at lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, Bad Management
Bad job
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, GAApril 26, 2018
There is bad management, no appreciation for employees or there outside life. They do not follow the Georgia labor laws or osha safety regulations I don't recommend anyone to work there
Stay Away
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 24, 2018
The facility is a laughingstock. Between being very unorganized and filthy, to having the most unknowledgeable manager, who apparently has never had the leadership training that you’d expect at that level. The product arrives in very poor condition and leaves in worse condition. The hourly associates spend more time talking on their phones and with each other than working.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Poor leadership
Not worth your effort
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, GAMarch 15, 2018
Has to be one of the must undisciplined ,unorganized and dirtiest warehouses Ive personally worked in. The first few days you get some sort of training but nothing in detail, so you can make mistakes very often. They evaluate you trough a number system which makes the job more competitive that it needs too. This is NOT a teamwork enviroment. Everyone goes their way and management does not care about workplace culture, they just see the numbers you can make in a day. Most of the employees cherry pick, make constant gossip and do not work together. Most of it come from the lazy and undiscipline management. Constantly nagging, treating , and being disrespectful to the work staff. Which is kinda sad, cause the lack of real leadership created this working enviroment. The deductibles and the health insurance is horrible. Saturdays are optional , the problem is that only a few come to work and what is left gets drag to Monday wich u can posibly spend 9 hours or more getting done. There not too flexible either towards family emergencies or doctor appointments either. They offer you a 500$ bonus which is very good, but unless your willing to put up with their way of working, youll get fired before the 90 days are up. Something they are very used to doing. I had to wait 2 month until I got a back brace and thats because one of my co-workers actually ask for one.( I did ask for one the first day I came in). Overrall has to be the worst working enviroment Ive ever been in.
Pros
Its a Job, Decent pay
Cons
Lack of leadership, Poor Work Culture
Everywhere
Big Lots (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Its always fun to try something new/different, try not to stress yourself out if your not finished with the job you can only get better if you try your hardest
Great place to work!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
Great culture, laid back atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefits package. There are opportunities for career growth. Work-life balance is important there.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Good management, common sense employees. This place is goal oriented but also cares about the people. I have had family emergencies that arose short notice and my boss allowed me to attend to the matter. Everyone is down to earth.
Customer Service
Portal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 5, 2017
I recommend working for this company if you do mind mandatory overtime. The work is extremely fast paced and the training does not prepare you for the actual position.
Great place to work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 29, 2017
I have worked at big corporations for a majority of my career, but once I expanded my family, I wanted to work at a smaller company. Store Supply Warehouse was the perfect choice. I have great work/life balance and I still have a very active career.

The managers work hard and are fair across the board to each employee. Consistency is very important to them. They also have an open door policy, so it is easy to give a question, comment or concern.

Because Store Supply Warehouse is a growing company, opportunities for growth and advancement are possible.
Don't do it!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, GAMarch 5, 2017
Worst management facility in the U.S. No personal life or care for their people. If you have a family I wouldn't recommend this place.
Cons
A company that actually services their customers
Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2017
From the owner on down, this company stands by its promise to take care of the customer every time, without hesitation. You'll work hard, the pace is fast and change is ongoing, but this is not your typical call center.
Pros
Frequent food days and company culture are second to none.
Cons
This is not a place to work if you want to simply collect your paycheck.
Behind a desk
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 3, 2016
Follow me...Sell things, People buy them. It's simple honestly. Congrats to another business owner..It's the ego of jerk off management playing with people's Lively hood because you have some type of Title. The company seems on the move, but it's not the first time I've seen management act inhuman and get replaced down the line, You won't see them in a few years it always comes back around.
December 16, 2016

Interesting perspective since all the managers have been in place a long time. Practically no turnover in that group at main office. Good reasonable people.

They care
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 2, 2016
Always interesting to me to see the few people who put down a company for expecting good work ethic.

In my 20+ years in the working world in a variety of industries, I've not found a place and ownership that is more willing to simply do what is right for the customer and it's employees.

They simply ask us to have the same ideals when it comes to treating others well.

Unfortunately, not all hires end up following through and those few don't typically last long.

No different than the rest of life- those who work hard and do it with integrity have more options. Store Supply lives that out and it's a large reason for their ongoing success.
Pros
Recent updates to starting pay in many functions
Horrible!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 4, 2016
This company suffers funancially and pays only $10.00 to $10.50 per hour but demands/expect new workers to give too much for what they pay and some workers even pay supervisors! You will hardly get 35 hours a week multiply by $10.00 then deduct taxes. You better off flipping burgers at grandma's house lol!
Pros
Big Zero! ₩
Cons
Everything, uncontrolled warehouse climate too hot/cold, lazy supervisors selling workers to appease higher ups, n keep their lousy jobs they thinking making big bucks, really stupid driving company to another failure story
April 14, 2017

Starting pay is $12.50/hour in the warehouse and $14/hour in Customer Service. Those who show up on time and don't provide reasons to leave early always get at least 40 hours per week. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I'm sure you gave it your best :)

Great place to work and grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2016
Store supply is great about empowering their customer service reps to make business decisions and take care of their customers. The people are wonderful and having two company wide events per year to get together makes it feel like a family.
Pros
catered lunches, company events
Warehouse manager totally unqualified
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 25, 2016
Do not ever work for this company. Work isn't that bad but manager is uneducated and has no experience what so ever. Pay is below scale as well
Pros
Free lunches some time
Cons
Watehouse manager and lack of good employees
December 16, 2016

Sorry to hear that's the way you felt, but there is a really solid manager in place at this location now.

Management is horrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 14, 2016
The owner of the company is a great guy. The managers in the call center are horrible. If the managers decide they don't like you, they'll figure out a way to fire you. While I worked there I saw almost the entire call center turn over.
Pros
Great owner
Cons
Mangement
April 14, 2017

Sorry you felt that way. My experience was much different. No call center that I know of is always an easy place to work. However, always felt like managers tried to treat people fairly while trying to run a busy department.

Company that take care of the customer
Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2016
This company cares about their customer. The owner of the company say that is door is open for any one and it is true. He does care about his employees and always looking for ways to improve his company.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Overall, SSW was a great place to work.

I liked most of the people that I worked with, and any time you didn't feel like listening to the office chatter, the management never seemed to have an issue with me listening to my headphones, however I was not in customer service. Most people are pretty friendly in the office.

Management seemed comfortable letting me dive right in to learning my position at my own pace, and within 6 months, I was able to work mostly-autonomously, and make my own suggestions about how we handle our accounts. I was given one nice raise during my year here, and it coincided with my graduation from my undergrad.

I did not work in customer service, but the turnover there seemed to be fairly high, and I had a hard time getting to know people in that department, as I never needed to be over there. That is the only thing in my eyes that seemed to be an issue with the company.

The owner and CEO is a very fair, nice guy who seems to genuinely care about the customer and his employees above all else. Two different times he paid for me to take a series of classes at the local college. The rest of my management were great, and I felt that they did their jobs well.

Many people in this company had been promoted from within during my time there (and my direct boss had started in customer service previously), which was a really nice thing to see. Stick around, do a solid job, and you get rewarded for the effort.
good place towork
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2016
Enjoyable work environment, compensation is below average, Owner is a good guy. Employees are friendly, managers are fair.
Pros
birthday celebrations and holida observances were fun
Cons
owners son

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Store Supply Warehouse LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8