Storer Transportation Employee Reviews

Stressful.
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Great safety training but no room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was the hours but the most enjoyable was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Safety training was superb.
Cons
No room for advancement. Management is inept.
The worst experience in my life
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 29, 2018
We used to work for first transit until the contractor changed to storer and all drama started. If i had another option i would apply for nother company but this is the only one in our area. The worst company ever.
Pros
11 hours. Management. A.. kissers
Cons
Health insurance and dental
People staff are fun to work with
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 2, 2018
The position I worked was as a bus aid Assistant Unfortunately the job was a split shift and I could afford to live with very few hours but it was fun while I was there helping kids with special needs and autism, down syndrome learned a lot in understanding they world miss the kids and the drivers.
Pros
Great job for extra income
Cons
Great environment just need the training
A fast paced work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 3, 2018
A great place to work, and great people. They are amazing at what they do, and how they do it. It can get stressful, but what job can't. The pay isn't bad for the position.
Pros
The people
Cons
The stress
Rewarding but stressful at times
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great company to work for as long as they are fully staffed which hasn’t been the case lately making it a tense place to work for at times with ever changing routes, some (not all) grumpy bosses from having to cover bus routes... it’s a great “for now” job but there is little to no ability to grow here. However its so rewarding to be able to get to know the children and adults we transport, I've learned so much and am very grateful to have gotten this experience! It definitely opens your eyes to a whole new world and I’m so grateful to all bus drivers out there!!
Pros
Split shift for drs appointments
Cons
No room for growth
Love the passengers
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 13, 2017
My day included driving special needs and elderly passengers going to school or other appointments and getting them back home. What I learned was if you want to help some one, ask them what they need. Dispatchers needed to do ride alongs to learn about the people we carried and the problems we faced. The culture was diverse and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was loading and unloading the passengers in wheelchairs. The most enjoyable part of the job was, indeed, the passengers.
Pros
Seeing the countryside.
Cons
Inclimate weather
Every day was another problem
Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 27, 2017
This company leaves a lot to be desired. The training was good very thorough. You always have to be watching your back. Office management will stab you in the back any chance they get. They will lie about you. The mechanics will even lie about you. Anybody that gets the chance to will throw you under the bus. In their handbook they say they have the right to search your vehicle even when it's not on their property that's BS. At the Santa Clarita facility it's okay for management to be late but God forbid don't you be late. Always watch your back with management don't trust any of them. Management, trainers and mechanics make mistakes in order to cover their butts they blame stuff on drivers. Watch out for this company.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
Too many to name
Challenging and rewarding work
Special Needs School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 9, 2017
Storer offers an excellent training program and competitive salary. The company puts safety first. Continued education is offered on site. Incentives for safe driving, attendance and positive performance are offered.
Never a dual moment!
School Bus SELPA Aide (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 26, 2016
Working at Storer Transportation is a pleasure; for me, I really enjoy the clients. Typically I wish for a easy day but in some cases that may not be possible depending on the mood of an individual. My co-workers are great and we support each other whenever possible. The hardest part of the job is not allowing yourself to get attached to a client simply because you may not be assigned to the same schools or clients' from year to year. What I have learned is the different techniques for working with the Special Education Students varies, of course everyone's needs aren't the same.
Pros
The incentives you can earn throughout the year.
Cons
The time frame it takes to accumulate Paid Time Off.
great work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 1, 2016
one of the best employers I have had, taught me a lot in customer service skill, office environment and growth as an employee, very diverse work force and the management was fair, firm, by the book and very structured.
great company to work for.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay salary was low
job
Drivers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 18, 2016
very little hours.long day 12 hour shifts,
4 hour breaks very little pay
needs to be a higher pay with lots of hours to make it worth our while.
Great people to work with, loved working with the children.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Storer Transportation trains their drivers for safety first, and continues to train thru out the year. They care about the passengers they transport. Management does need to realize that drivers have lives out side of work and things happen with out notification, ex. children getting sick, getting sick themselves and appt. that can not be schedule during off times. They made it very uncomfortable to ask for any time off.
Be careful when applying here.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 27, 2015
They do a nice job with training, but once they get you on the road, the ROAD SUPERVISIORS will lie about your performance, to secure/justify their jobs. I saw one in the rear view, and concentrated on everything and he lied to Storer, about my performance. I quit that day. Management with always tell you what you want to hear, but lie through their teeth that they didn't say that.

Storer is always advertiseing, wanting drivers. Why do you think that is?
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Liars
Nice place to work
Special Needs Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 8, 2015
I transport children and or adults to and from schools and centers, sense driving buses I have better driving skills, I work with a good group of co-workers,the hardest part of my job is anticipating what the other drivers are going to do in their vehicles, I love working with the children on my bus they are always full of life
Pros
Great incentives, yearly trips to Reno
Good Pay but a lot of drama
Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 18, 2015
The pay and the hours there are pretty good but they had strict policies about taking time off (even if you're sick) and there's no where to advance. And a lot of the people there are super gossipy so you can't do anything without everyone knowing. Worse than high school.
Stressful yet enjoyable to work with students like these
Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 5, 2014
My typical work day at Storer is leave the yard at 5:45am pick up all students take all of them to school, then go pick up others students after their dropped off at 8:00 am. Make students are being safe and not causing a threat to others or themselves. Get back to work at 9:15am. Have a break from 9:15am to 1:15pm. Take a different set of students pick them up from school and safely get them home. What I learned working at storer is every child is unpredictable these students need a little more direction and stability. They are just like every other child only they can act out in a unusual behavior over the slightest thing. The best thing to do is stay calm and maintain a positive attitude. The hardest part about my job is the split shift. I don't care for a split shift because I am more of a get the job done in one full shift kind of person. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students every day and communicating with them.
Pros
Working with mentally and physically disabled students as well as behavior students.
Cons
Split shift, hours unpredictable, paychecks unpredictable
Great service; lousy management
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 8, 2014
The day starts before the sun rises. You work a 12 hour day for mere peanuts because it is a split shift. The clients are great and some of the co-workers, but management is lousy and very unprofessional.
Pros
You help special needs children and adults
Cons
The day is too long for very little pay.
very rewarding job
Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  modesto, CaJune 13, 2013
storer is a very rewarding place to work because you work with special needs children but management needs some improving
Working with seniors.
County Transit /Dial-A-Ride Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 2, 2012
Transporting seniors and disabled door to door. If you enjoy working with seniors you will like this job.
Pros
seniors become like family.
Cons
managment and healthcare.
A typical day would be learning a new route by the end of your shift.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 8, 2012
Learning new routes, navigation and landmraks. I learned to be a safe defensive driver. Management and co workers where always helpful and great at giving directions. The difficult part of this job was having a split shift. Greeting the parents and children every morning and making sure they returned home safely at the end of the day.
Pros
listening to music at low volume while working.
Cons
sitting too long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Storer Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.