Stormont-Vail Healthcare Employee Reviews

Never enough help.
E VS-Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 26, 2019
Need2 hire more people. Get rid of the company over housekeeping .Stop giving jobs 2 certain people with no skills.Having some people trying 2 clean a floor &ahalf or more and be done intime.Or they will stat u.Housekeeping was a Big Mess.And the m.Mgers.got some of the worst attitudes ihad ever seen .Talk to any kind of way.Rude.Get Rid of Them .All of Them.U probably will be better Off.And give jobs that they are friends with and people have there alot thenm.Don't post jobs until afterthey already gave them away.They have bad attitudes.It has went down since they been there.
Pros
Cons
Not enough help Call in every day of the wk.
Best co-workers ever
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 29, 2019
Very good place to work with a focus on exceptional patient care as well as making sure all their employees are able to have a balanced work and home life.
Pros
Great co-workers
Poor management skills
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 23, 2019
The environmental services is not properly managed at all. They just hire anybody that knows nothing about the job or how to properly train the workers. I wouldn't recommend this job to my most worst enemy
Dynamic management
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology specialist (Former Employee) –  Cotton O'Neil Cancer CenterMarch 15, 2019
At this time of my employment, physicians were given more liberty in setting up their clinical practices with the needed support.
Benefits and salaries were excellent.
Nursing and pharmacy support were excellent.
Pros
Collegial atmosphere among physicians
Cons
poor understanding of specialties in adult and pediatric medicine
High-paced, fun and exciting
Nutritional Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 3, 2019
Great supervisors, laid back and easy going. Breaks occasionally were cut short or taken away due to high demand needs from patients. Very personal able job, social skills, organization and the ability to work in occasional high stress situations. Felt pay needed to be increased due to amount of hours worked and the amount of labor put in. All around a very nice place to work, fun exciting and very nice coworkers.
Pros
Consistant, exciting, met tons of new people with amazing stories every day
Cons
under paid, tons of walking and poor management
N/a
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 4, 2018
I don't have a negative or positive review at this time. I preformed all the duties that would be associated with a nurse working in the Emergency Department at Stormont Vail. Very fast paced ED with a high number of high acuity patients.
I enjoyed my job
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 1, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my career opportunities at Stormont Veil. However I feel the company failed in helping me find the right fit for me. I would love to be employed by them again.
Enjoyed my job.
Credentials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with the physicians, mid-levels and other departments. I also enjoyed researching and learning about the departments and how they intertwined with one another.
A nice place to work
Lifeline Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 26, 2018
The people are friendly and the work place is clean. Did not work their long enough to know much about the place. The job was different every day because I met new people as I went to their home to install Lifelines.
Pros
Meeting new people out in the community
Cons
The office part of the job was very boring
A fun place to work where everyone steps up and helps when needed
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 4, 2018
I worked in the Birthplace for 20 + yrs and planned to retire from this hospital until my husband was transferred with the railroad. I loved my job and all of the employees I worked with. I felt like I was able to move up in the company and had great training.
The department could use some work on communication
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 23, 2018
For the most part the department is ok. Nursing does not treat the department very well. Sometimes it gets busy but with teamwork (by some) it gets done.
UNDER APPRECIATED BY ALL!!!
Pros
Work by youself after training
Cons
Treatment by other departments, Some gossip .
Overall a good organization to work for
Patient Care Technician/ Sitter (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 25, 2018
Many areas to fit needs of any emplyee so you can transfer to a different department if the original department does not suit you. Management and policies all seem to be very fair.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasMarch 8, 2018
When working at Stormont Vail there is endless possibilities to grow bigger and better. They give you so many opportunities to grow and become a better person.
Fast paced exciting place to work.
Business Operations Supervisor, Emergency (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 27, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Stormont-Vail Healthcare. I have learned alot about the medical field. This position has taught me a lot about billing and how to interact with a lot of different people. The Management team I work for has been great. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult personnel issues. The most enjoyable part of my job would be working with all the different departments in the Hospital.
Pros
I had flexibility in what hours I worked.
Cons
Rarely got breaks, the stress level is high in the department, I am maxed out on salary, no raises.
Unique
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 21, 2018
Better working environment than many hospitals. Compensation is very low for the industry standards but benefits are good for individuals; PT are eligible for insurance and similiar benefits as FT.
Fast- pace and not friendly
Nutritional Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 9, 2018
It is serving the needs of both employees and patrons in serving, assisting, greeting, cook to order, and overall service. Management did not make it a fun place to work.
Pros
Fast- pace day went by fast
Cons
Management was more concern about the patrons and not employees
good palce to wok
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 7, 2017
good place to work I like what I do, but iam welling to chabge job if there is a better pay. and extra hours and try some difrent, I like to work in the clincic that is coming up
good
good
Need Better Pay
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 1, 2017
Merit Pay would increase moral of workers. We are not paid according to the amount of work they keep giving us. Company budget goes mostly towards Providers and unnecessary marketing for the company.
Pros
My Nurse Manager, Providers, Co-workers like family
Cons
Pay is low for the amount of work given to employees.
Get your feet wet fast
Licensed Practical Nurse (post-surgical) (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 21, 2017
Had a great acute experience at Stormont. I enjoyed the staff on this surgical floor. Everyone was rather friendly and helpful. The physicians were the best in the area. I received numerous awrds for customer service which was always nice. It was great to be a part of such a caring team.
Pros
Hospital
Cons
LPNS being phased out; was paid well
Great Work Environment
Clinic Coder (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 29, 2017
We are treated fairly. Our pay is competitive with others in the community. We have excellent benefits. Lots of room for advancement and education is offered.