StoryPoint
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

StoryPoint Employee Reviews

United States290 reviews

residentstorychefcaregiverculinarylovepointkitchen

Very entertaining and rewarding job

Featured review

StoryPoint selected this as a representative review
I love our residents, and love hearing their many stories about their past; they amaze me each and every day! My managers and my coworkers have been extremely helpful and supportive during my time here. I absolutely love working at StoryPoint, and would recommend their wide variety of job positions to anybody that asked! I hope to stay for a long time!

Not productive.

Very unorganized wasn't any proper orientation just thrown on the floor. Patient to cna ratio was very overwhelming, how do they expect you to take care of 26 and more individuals. Front desk was also very rude and not very helpful

StoryPoint insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Residents are the Highlight of the Job!

In a nutshell.. Terrific residents and amazing service staff team! Downside: Lack of communication, lots of disorganization, & unethical practices. Relocating from the bayarea to NW Indiana, I have never experienced some things that had occured in my role as a Dining Room manager. I was truly looking forward to a long journey with Story point. The residents at the Chesterton location were the highlight of my day and deserve the best!

Pros

Free meals..residents are wonderful..servers were awesome

Cons

Very poor communication from recruiter to management.

December 2, 2022
Hello, Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed our residents and care staff. We think they are pretty incredible too. We are disappointed to hear about your experience, as that is not the 1440 culture we strive to provide. We do have very high standards when it comes to the employees we choose to bring into our community. With that, we recognize that not everyone is a good fit, but we wish you the best of luck in your future. If you are interested in further discussing your experience and the opportunities we may have for improvement, please call Sarah Owen at (810) 534-1792. Thank you.

Beware

You don’t get paid enough for the job duties you have to perform. Some employees treat the company like high school and have clicks. Some residents are treated extremely well and others get neglected.

November 15, 2022
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We take the concerns mentioned in your review very seriously. We would like to connect with you directly to discuss your review in depth and initiate any changes that may be needed. The safety and happiness of the residents we serve are our company's main priorities. Additionally, we encourage employees to connect with their leaders about opportunities for growth, advancement, and pay raises. We are concerned to read your comment about your other coworkers, as we work hard to provide a work environment that is positive and supportive. We think it would be best to connect with you directly to learn more about your experience. Please call Sarah Owen at (810) 534-1792 to discuss your review further. Thank you.

Awesome

Awesome place to work . There’s much room for advancement. Employee first company allows you to be your authentic self. Great benefits, competitive pay

loved it

i worked there for a short time but i did love it. it’s a great environment and a great team as well. you grow bonds with the people there and it’s almost like there your family.

Terrible place to work

They don’t care if your hurt you must do your job efficiently like say you hurt yourself and your doctors put you on restrictions those restrictions don’t matter you must be able to work

Pros

Cons

Eveything

November 7, 2022
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. After consulting with the team we were informed that we have not had any employees with restrictions. Additionally, if we do have an employee that has restrictions, we follow them to a tee and accommodate them to the best of our ability. We do this for their safety and the safety of our residents. If you would like to discuss this review further, please call our Sarah Owen from our HR department at (810) 534-1792. Thank you.

Perfect for high school students

Great environment, always have had great coworkers. It’s nice as a server to have the same people everyday. They have a lot more respect for you and it’s nice to have everyone know you!

What is the best part of working at the company?The residents and staffWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Understaffed at times. What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Teamwork environment What is a typical day like for you at the company?Always on the go taking care of residents.

Negative and toxic workplace

Run, don’t look back. The glowing reviews are bots. Pay is entirely too low, too many favorites among supervisors. The only good thing about this place is seeing the residents everyday.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, no days off, benefits are okay.

October 24, 2022
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our residents are the best part of our days. We are sorry to hear that you did not experience the employee-first culture we work so hard to provide. If you would like to talk about your experience more thoroughly, please reach out to Sarah Owen at (810) 534-1792. Thank you.

Storypoint is a good place to work

This place is honestly a decent place to work. Not the best place to work but not bad either. Kind of family oriented vibes at least in the kitchen. Sous chef considers employees to be like a family, executive chef is pretty chill. Could be better bare pay (reasonable considering our job) but it’s alright. Overall Storypoint is a good company to work for they pay you on time at a reasonable schedule, easy to talk to management about scheduling difficulties. One downside is not enough dishwashers to really call in sick or take a day off without making it a difficult day for another employee. One fix to this is raising pay so more people would want to be hired given more incentive. Maybe a 12$ to 13$ salary per hour would even be enough to spur that. Could also fix this by having usually 3 dishwashers on at a time so if one person is sick or takes a day off two should still be able to handle the work. But again this would likely require more incentive. Overall I recommend Storypoint for a starting job.

Needs serious attention

Management has good goals but very poor follow through. When needs arise and they say further education will be provided...they aren't. Staff is severely underpaid for all they go through and communication is a negative rating, meaning residents arrive with NO notification, sometimes with no personal supplies whatsoever and no information about the person or thier needs. Staff is consistently short and the employees that are there are very burnt out due to this. Issues brought up to management are shrugged off while lazy employees who do absolutely nothing are permitted to keep thier jobs while loyal employees are written up for little infractions.

It is a fun workplace that instills the value of teamwork in their servers.

I adjusted to the environment at Storypoint very quickly. Everyone is so welcoming and will help create a safe working environment for you. I learned how to expand my confidence.

Horrible, Deceitful, Deceptive Practices

Residents are pleasant and heartwarming. They sure are very easy to please.As far as the Regional Chef, His pet Chef and Corporate Chef,They Run the dining room & kitchen as one department, practices are included with your hiring package are; PATOLOGICAL LIARS., Be ready to work long hours, + holidays + Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays.Good luck working here!!

September 27, 2022
Hello,Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you found the residents to be heartwarming. We are sorry that we were not able to give you clear expectations of what the job entailed and it did not work out. We wish you luck in your future endeavors. If you would like to further discuss your review please contact our HR department at (810) 534-1792. Thank you.

Deceitful Regional & corporate Chef

Deceitful Regional Chef and Corporate Chef.* Turnover is a revolving door (constantly)with Chefs, Sous Chefs, Dinning room managers. Do your research first before applying here, Ask current employees or Vendors, or Senior Residents here.**The regional Chef & Corporate Chef here are Masters of deceitfulness!**

High energy and fun place to work

I’ve only been here a short while and I am comfortable and having fun ! Beautiful place and beautiful residents. The staff work so hard to keep this place running smoothly. I love everyone I work with !

Fun place to work!

I love coming into work everyday! We always make it a fun environment. I moved here from out of state and everyone went out of there way to make me feel at home.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Onboarding is confusing

So fun

Love it here! The kitchen staff is amazing, along with the chef. I’ve learned many of things working here just being a waiter. Everyone in the kitchen is great.

Good environment, not the best pay.

Its a good work environment, good people as coworkers. The pay could be a little better, good as a second income or part time job for high school and college students.

August 3, 2022
Hi,Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you and your coworkers are experiencing the good work environment that we strive to provide. We do offer opportunities for advancement and pay raises, and we encourage employees to discuss these with their leaders. If you are not comfortable discussing this further with your leader, please reach out to Pam Hayes in our Human Resources department at (810) 220-2655. Thank you.

Good people, hectic environment, high turnover

People don't tend to stay long here. Working here can get stressful due to understaff, miscommunication, and subpar management. The employees, at least in the kitchen, are nice people, the actual workload isn't too bad, and management will try to work with your schedule and teach/help your skills, but the very frequent miscommunication of the amount of orders, what's being ordered, what's being served, how it's being served, residents being picky, staff often not knowing what's going on, people frequently not showing up, this subtle feeling of tension and day to day operations often being done in confusing, suboptimal, and convoluted ways makes people not want to stay long.Overall not a bad job, definitely room for improvement, more of a 'in the meantime' type of gig than a long term one.

Pros

Improves Cooking Skills

Cons

Very Stressful

July 29, 2022
Hi,Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you are able to enhance your culinary skills with the help of your leaders and that they are working with your schedule. We want to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, as we are always open to feedback on how we can improve the experience we provide. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 if you are open to discussing this further. Thank you.

Good place with room for improvement!

While this is a great place to work (loved the residents and many of the management). The monthly mandatory days to be called in is incredibly inconvenient with a family. There is no flexibility for that. Additionally, with a PRN position I was expected to work 5-6 days a week when I requested 3 at that time (I was pregnant). This did cause me to leave, although I loved my job and loved the company, I did not want to be forced into prioritizing work (so many days a week) over my family and health.

Pros

nurses are supportive and helpful

Cons

Poor work and home life balance

July 29, 2022
Hello,Thank you for your 5-star review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with our awesome residents and team. We understand the importance of work-life balance and would like to connect with you directly to learn more about how we could have better accommodated your schedule. If you are interested in further discussing the details of your experience, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StoryPoint. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.6
InHerSight Score
4.7Personal Development
4.7Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare StoryPoint with

StoryPoint reviews by popular job title

• StoryPoint