StoryPoint Employee Reviews

I love my job again
Director (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 5, 2019
I turned down multiple job offerings prior to accepting my role at Story Point. I realized that I turned the others down because they were not what I could say yes to. Story Point culture aligns with my personal goals & life values. I get the opportunity to give everyday and be compensated for it. I look forward to going to work. I actually enjoy my work day because I'm making a difference &. not just a living
When They Say They Will Call And Do Not
Server applied for (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHNovember 5, 2019
What a joke. I had excellent creditials..references..open to days..nights..weekends..and Was promised a phone call from the server manager..that never happened..I guess they want younger people working for them..not older..reliable people.
November 12, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We have an extensive selection process that helps us find the most qualified individuals for each role. Although we appreciate all applicants taking the time to apply, unfortunately, we can't hire each one. We apologize if you feel we didn't meet your expectations during the hiring process and are always trying to improve. If you would like to discuss your review further, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 at your convenience.

Workplace Culture, Management, etc.
Server (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIOctober 30, 2019
StoryPoint is a good first job for students, they are flexible with hours and understanding. Great management. The workplace culture is nice, everybody gets along and works well together.
A Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma
Culinary (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIOctober 27, 2019
It's a lot of talk about employee first, making mistakes are good, and a culture of support and 1440. Not so much!

The corporate chef is all about making a decision based on his feelings versus data-driven decisions. There is a "click" in the culinary area of the company based on what you can do for corporate.

The lack of a comprehensive training program is very frustrating as are the lack of documented process and support documentation. The standard response is "we are a young company". Each corporate and regional executive will provide a different solution, frustrating those responsible for implementation.

Property is opened without guidelines and preparation and plating. Just fill in the blanks on the menu template, without regard to corporate standardization or branding.

Compensation and staffing are tied directly to occupancy. Expect long days until a predefined threshold is met. Salary compensation is significantly lower than the competition.

Ask informed and open-ended questions and secure a response with a written response because the words and a handshake are subject to be forgotten.
Pros
Residents
November 12, 2019

Hello,

We are disappointed to hear that you didn’t feel supported in your role at our new community. Our culinary team is designed to create meaningful experiences for our residents, and they do this through creativity, dedication and teamwork. Our company culture is founded on helping each other, and we do this best through frequent communication between leaders and the employees at each property. Our training and staffing plans continue to be successful at each community we serve; however, we believe in the constant pursuit of better and are always looking for ways to improve. We are disappointed you didn’t take advantage of the many opportunities to provide feedback while you were part of our team. If you would like to help us get better and provide additional feedback, we’d like to speak with you directly. Please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 to discuss your review further. Thank you.

To big to fast
Mobile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 22, 2019
Very wish washy company extremely high turn over not even the CEO had a guaranteed place in company don't expect to work there long or receive special anything
October 23, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. After looking at our records, we can't seem to find an employee matching your job title and location. We are committed to creating a work environment where everyone can thrive and feel appreciated. If you would like to discuss your review further, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 at your convenience. Thank you!

A very cheerful place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIOctober 20, 2019
Everybody is a team and cares for one another. The residents appreciate us and we appreciate them. Management is usually great and very understanding. Hours are typically Part-Time.
Rewarding job, but terrible management
Server (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHSeptember 25, 2019
My managers in the culinary department have no backbone. They hire anyone and everyone who can pass a TB test. The majority of the serving staff is comprised of teenagers who have no sense of personal responsibility, and face few consequences for simply calling off because they don't feel like working that night. The managers are too friendly, and just let these little punks walk all over them, while relying on the few employees with a sense of personal responsibility to carry the team.

That being said, I honestly love my job at StoryPoint. It's not necessarily the job itself, but the people I serve. I love my residents! I love seeing their smiles, and hearing their stories. I love that I get to be a part of their lives even for just a little while. The atmosphere is overall friendly, and welcoming, just a little bit too laid back in some areas.
September 30, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you love working with our residents every day. We are hoping to connect with you directly to gather more insights from your experience as a server so we can provide a more supportive environment. Please contact Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 at your convenience. Thank you.

enjoyble work enviroment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2019
The residents make you feel like family and welcome you and everyone in the building is extremely friendly. My employer sure does care about us and puts us first and will work with their employees more than any other job I've ever had. The benefits are the hours can be flexible but my schedule changes every other day and sometimes hard to work around that and due to me not being fulltime, I have no benefits but they are working on that. Overall a great company to work for and I highly enjoy coming to work.
Teamwork, Family Oriented, Fun
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 13, 2019
Story Point Fort Wayne is truly the best best place that I have ever worked, I honestly do not plan on leaving this company until I retire. Then by that time I could just move in here and go from Employee to resident, and i would be perfectly happy with that!
The Story Point Fort Wayne team is like a family, we all work together to make things as smooth as possible for not only the residents, but for each other as well, and we have fun at the same time.
Stop by sometime and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed.
If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 7, 2019
Don’t drink the kool-aid! They promise support 24/7, and that’s just a lie. They will use up every bit of energy you have and then toss you out with the trash.
August 8, 2019

Hello,

We do prioritize hiring leaders that emulate our company culture and values, so they can best support their team and our residents. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't feel supported and are here to talk if you need. Please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 if you would like to discuss your experience further. Thank you.

Horrible; Don't recommend
LPN (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 6, 2019
There’s always some sort of drama between people going on. State has been called on this place multiple times by residents, residents family, and their own staff. Management is horrible. They place residents in incorrect or unfit units for profit and false hope to the families. They think work is our life like we all don't have a life outside of there. None of them have the 1440 attitude they swear by. You see them at staff meetings and very little any time else because they are never there. We are always short staffed and management never wants to stay over or come in and help, leaving caregivers by themselves in units with 25+ residents. Theres always a scheduling conflict. They have attitudes out of this world and wonder why they cant keep staff and why people hate it here.
August 9, 2019

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking to improve our employee experience and offer monthly performance feedback sessions so our employees can talk with their leaders about what is working and what needs immediate attention. When it comes to staffing, our main priority is the safety of our residents, so we adhere to the regulations set by the state of Ohio. If you would like to discuss your review further, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!

It’s a great first job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIJuly 26, 2019
I would recommend it as a first job but not as a full-time committed job. It’s definitely on-the-go serving and atmosphere. Residents are nice but other staff can be rude.
July 31, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for leaving a review! We are concerned to read your comment about your other coworkers. We work hard to provide a work environment that is positive and supportive. If you feel uncomfortable going directly to your leader, please contact Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you for all you do!

Great Company Culture!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INJuly 23, 2019
This company is truly employee first! I love working here and I have been able to advance in my career. The residents and fellow co workers make this place what it is. It’s a delight to come to work every day!
Great place to work!!
Settings Lead (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INJuly 23, 2019
Good team atmosphere. Company is REALLY EMPLOYEE FIRST. Everyone in this company has been of high quality. Storypoint as a whole is a great company with great team work philosophy. Our CEO is on tune with his employees and company and want all employees happy at work. Happy employees equal happy work environment and happy residents.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Pay could be higher.
Regional Managers with no experience
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 6, 2019
I dont see this company making the profits necessary to satisfy investors. Their 1440 culture is drilled in you but the Director of Operations doesnt stand by it. Residents do not come first and that is sad
July 10, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We are unsure if you left this review for the correct company because the title you listed isn't a position we offer. We are always striving to improve our employee experience and would love to learn more. Please contact Andrew Dorr at (517) 442-4180 if you would like to discuss your review further. Thank you.

Liars.
Everyone's Doormat. (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHJuly 2, 2019
StoryPoint is full of amazing co-workers that will go out of their way to help you... when it benefits them. The moment they are slightly inconvenienced they drop you faster than a hot potato. They go out of their way to accommodate everyone and then turn around and use it against you like they did you some big favor and you owe them your first born and ten percent of your crops during harvest. As long as you don't mind being walked all over and are content never bettering yourself, StoryPoint is the place for you.
July 5, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We work hard to create a culture that is Employee First and supportive so that our residents get all the care and love they deserve. We are disappointed that you weren't able to discuss these concerns with your leader during performance feedback sessions that are held every month, however, we are still here to help. Please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 to discuss your concerns further. Thank you.

Run away
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 30, 2019
This place has gone down hill. They cut hours so bad, you're lucky as a full time employee to get 30 a week. They do this to be "in the green" then say thanks and congrats when they get "in the green". You're suppose to be employees first and 1440... Its bull. You're hurting your employees buy cutting our hours which is money for us to live and feed our families, and then saying "thanks!" about it. Money hungry. Most employees have to get a second job because of the lack of hours. Seriously, 50 hours in 2 weeks as a full time employee is not okay.
Pros
Coworkers are cool
Cons
Everything else
July 1, 2019

Hello,

We hear the concerns in your review and take them very seriously. We follow IRS and ACA (Affordable Care Act) guidelines which state that full-time is defined as 30+ hours per week consistently. We try to work with employees to give them the hours they need and the work-life balance they want. We are disappointed that you didn't use monthly performance feedback meetings to discuss these concerns with your leader while you were still an employee. However, we are here to talk. Please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 to discuss your review further. Thank you!

Best job I’ve ever had!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 14, 2019
I love working at Storypoint! Everyone I work with is extremely helpful and friendly. And my boss is so down to earth & understanding. I’m reminded all the time when I’m doing a good job. I’ve honestly never worked for a place that makes you feel so appreciated... This is such an amazing company to work for!
Pros
Great management, great environment
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Fun at first then didn't get treated very nicely
Server (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 13, 2019
Had issues with scheduling conflicts, I am a high school student that participates in marching band. I told the manager in the interview that marching band camp was in August with some practices starting before a full week of band camp. I was scheduled to work on days I told them I was unavailable and was written up for a scheduling mistake on their part. I was also told by a coworker that everyone hated me because I was never there when I had an agreement with my manager that I would only work Sunday's because I was going to quit and she told me I could work one day a week and then when my schedule slowed down I could pick up more hours. After the coworker said that I didn't want to work in a hostile environment.
June 17, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take the issues outlined in your review very seriously. We do not tolerate bullying in our communities and will work toward resolving any lingering issues. We want to discuss your experience further so we can grow and provide an even better work environment for our current employees. Please reach out to Kristyn Nowlin at (810) 220-2671 to discuss your review in greater depth.

1440- Regional managers don't have a clue
Former Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHJune 9, 2019
The best part about Story Point has nothing to do with the company. Just like any other Healthcare facility, the residents are great. Story Point's so called 1440 culture only exist on paper. The Regional managers have no clue what the real definition of what they preach about really is. They claim it is to make your best you and to give your best experience for both the residents and your coworkers. Amazingly, when the Waterville location was opened after 8 months of push backs, each day was different from the one previous, one Regional director would tell us one thing and another Regional would come in and tell us something completely different. We had an all employee orientation and then after that there was never any follow up, what kind of real training is that. The first 4 months was a chaotic mess, and after realizing they were in a clamor of trouble and uncertainty they realized they needed to make changes. The Property has now been open since mid August and currently doesn't even have more than 50 residents, and they still can't open their El, AL, or MC units. The company released first the Executive Director in December, the Life Enrichment Director in February and then the Executive Chef in April. Their is no integrity to this company. How can there be when they tell the rest of the Directors when they let these people go " stop worrying about who is next', " we aren't looking for scapegoats". The real story is that these people were all about 1440, probably their downfall. Story Point has a great concept, just the wrong people in the wrong positions at  more... the Regional level, otherwise there would not have been so many mistakes or high turnover of employees.

Dream Big. Take Initiative, Be accountable, Be Encouraged, Give Back and Enjoy...............too bad the Regional s have no clue. Story Point is JUST another Healthcare facility...
June 14, 2019

Hello,

We are a growing company, and we know how important it is to continually improve both the experience of our residents and the experience of our employees. In addition to that, our 1440 culture is aspirational because we aren't perfect and are always searching for new ways to improve our teams. To discuss your review further, please contact Andrew Dorr at (517) 442-4180. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StoryPoint. Our community is ready to answer.