StoryPoint
59Below average

StoryPoint Employee Reviews

Featured review
StoryPoint selected this as a representative review
I love our residents, and love hearing their many stories about their past; they amaze me each and every day! My managers and my coworkers have been extremely helpful and supportive during my time here. I absolutely love working at StoryPoint, and would recommend their wide variety of job positions to anybody that asked! I hope to stay for a long time!
it was okay, i didnt know much and didnt know if i was trained well, i liked it a little but im not sure if its what i want. cool place and nice residents
November 16, 2020
Hello, Thank you for leaving a review! We are glad you enjoyed working with the residents - they are pretty great! We always welcome any opportunities to learn how we can improve. To discuss your training and any concerns you had during your work experience, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you very much for helping us grow!
I’ve been with storypoint for almost half a year. They were very accommodating and understanding with my transition between jobs. The staff and management are as entertaining as they are informative. But above all they all know what they’re doing. It’s nice to have a team that helps me both realize, and, cultivate my talents.
Pros
Good pay for experience, fun work environment.
Cons
Open on holidays.
StoryPoint of Grove City is a phenomenal place to work! I work in the culinary department and absolutely love my job. All of my coworkers are very friendly, supportive, and helpful. The head chef and restaurant manager are also great. They love to teach their employees new things and help them grow. As a student, they are very helpful in accommodating to my busy schedule, allowing for time for school work, sports, band, and other extracurricular activities. And the food is amazing too! FYI, meals are provided for employees for free each day :) Once again, a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, free lunches, kind staff, positive environment
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I've been at Storypoint for a while, and I can honestly say I've enjoyed a good majority of my time here. It's truly been so fun connecting with the residents and learning from the culinary team. The Storypoint culinary team is a great and encouraging learning environment that I entered when I was 15, and after almost getting fired, my managers gave me a chance to learn and grow. Our managers are very understanding, and provide flexible scheduling and a welcoming workspace. Through the pandemic, our team learned to go through hardship together and I'm lucky to work with a staff as caring and supporting as Storypoint Grove City.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible scheduling, great managers, overall great environment
story point has excellent benefits. The chef here does a great job of having a work life balance creating relationships with employees and motivating here.Benefits are very good.Menu is constantly changing to allow for consistent personal growth.Bring an open mind ready to learn
Pros
early shifts, benefits, competitive compensation, ever changing menu
Storypoint is a great place to work the environment is exciting and there is always opportunity to grow. I feel there is always a door open to talk and hear my ideas.
Pros
Atmosphere, growth, creativity, management
I really enjoy working in the kitchen. The whole crew has a good sense of humor to help get through the work day. We all work together to bring the meal together. More opinions are nice when cooking from scratch for a lot of people.
Pros
Good crew
I love working with this company, my head chef and all my cooks in the kitchen are the best , I really have a strong great team , my servers are great they always come through for me . I found my forever home for years to come . Come and see us in portage who is on the grow.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Don’t have any
Head housekeeper is very condescending. She definitely needs a management course. She talks down to everyone and makes you feel stupid. She is great one you start but it does not take long before she is talking about you to other employees. I loved my job but could not work for someone like that.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Lead housekeeper
September 21, 2020
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have an HR team available for any employee, especially when they don't feel comfortable going to their direct leader. We definitely want to create an environment that employees feel confident in and also supported. Please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 to discuss your review with you directly and learn from your experience how we can be better.
Favoritism is one the main problems and then them just not giving a darn is probably the other worst part. The only good thing is the residents. Everything else makes the job not worth it . Overworked and underpaid.. thats unless your a favorite!
Pros
residents
Cons
management favoritism
August 31, 2020
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you feel that favoritism in our community led to a negative work experience, as this is what we look to avoid. If you have time and would like to help us improve, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you for your feedback.
Pros
Great management & coworkers, awesome residents
As a line cook, it is a cool learning experience as menus change every week. Residents, for the most part, Are appreciative. The hours are rough. Going in just after the sun is up, leave just before dark. You work all holidays, unless you have seniority. Was always promised raises and incentives for meeting expectations of quarterly reviews but never received one, with my reviews always in the green. After a year there, I think you get a 20 cent raise. Not worth it if you are an experienced cook that deserves more than 12 an hour. Very grateful for what I learned there. Just the pay was not there and the job was demanding.
Pros
Always new recipes to learn, awesome residents, they give you expensive ingredients to work with, holiday pay, 401k, hsa
Cons
Low pay, no raises, rough hours, always have pto but can never get approved to use it
August 31, 2020
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always trying to create a work environment that people enjoy coming to each day. We are happy to see that you learned a lot and appreciated your employee benefits. Raises are contingent on work performance and conversations between an employee and their leader. We would love to learn more from you on the ways we can improve the employee experience. If you would like to discuss your review further, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!
Management is TerribleThey are like bunch of children always talking about people behind their backNot a good company to work for they will overwork .
Pros
Cons
no appreciation
August 5, 2020
Hello, As a company that is constantly searching for opportunities to improve, we appreciate your review. We don't condone gossiping in our workplace, as our primary focus needs to be on the residents and their experience. We believe speaking with you directly will help us create a more comfortable environment for our employees. Please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 to discuss this matter more thoroughly.
I think that story point is a great place to work if you are trying to gain your server skills. It teaches you a lot of things like how to be respectful to the people at your tables, how to balance your time when you have multiple tables, how to make your people happy etc.
Pros
The people are easy to work worth
Cons
We can’t accept tips
I worked in the culinary department as a dietary aid and dishwasher for a year and it was awful. The sous chef is a big bully and plays favorites and if you're not a favorite expect your hours to get cut. The E.Chef doesn't really care about his employees. I was having issues helping the kitchen close at night as a D.A because the care takers leave the kitchenettes trashed which would take me extra time to clean up after them and do everything I needed to do right but instead of asking why I was having problems or what's was wrong the E.Chef just turned me into a dishwasher without my consent and told me after the fact it happened and it felt like I was just being punished. There were only 3 cooks there who were actually nice people and treated me like I mattered to them.
June 24, 2020
Hello, Thank you for leaving a review of our community. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't feel supported by your leaders, as their main priority is to assist their team to best serve our residents. We are an Employee First company that is always trying to provide the best experience to our teams. We can only do that if we continue to learn and improve. If you would like to help us improve, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 at your convenience.
we were always productive but we had fun at the same time. Never a dull moment there. The residents become family to you. Just work hard, learn something new everyday and make new friends.
At Storypoint the staff are all friendly to one another. When I first started I had mental breakdowns occasionally due to my social anxiety. My manager was always understanding and helped me over come it. Now I know all the resident's names.
Pros
More than 9 dollars an hour, teen job, easy hiring process, and a friendly work environment.
Cons
The major con right now is that the work hours are short due to covid-19.
For the time I have worked there, we have always worked with low or little to no staff and it takes a toll on the staff they have working there nonstop. People work so many hours, they need to hire more people and this has always been a problem. And when staff picks up then there isn't very much gratitude when work becomes you're whole life since you work so much. Flexibility with changes in your schedule has gone down also, they want staff who want other future careers but when they go to school or personal issues they dont want to accommodate out schedules because were so short with staff. That's the main issue they have! The best part of the job is going to see the residents, they're always so happy and understand that were trying to juggle a lot on our rough days! They make the job worth coming in for!
June 10, 2020
Hello, Thank you for providing us your feedback and for loving our residents. We are proud to hear that you look forward to work because of your opportunity to engage with our delightful residents. We are sorry to hear about your experience with scheduling. We think we would both benefit from speaking to you directly so we can work together to resolve the scheduling issues together. If you would like the opportunity to connect, please contact Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!
Things were great when I first started, but the longer I worked there the more things fell apart. There’s a HUGE problem with favoritism, and if you’re not favorited by management you’re treated terribly. If you upset the manager, your hours would be cut out of spite. During the school year, 15 year olds would be working past the legal limit for their age. Communication was bad as well, it was difficult to figure out what we were supposed to do most times. We also got absolutely no hazard pay for COVID-19. I definitely would not recommend this job. However, a pro would be flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor management, poor communication, favoritism.
June 3, 2020
Hello, Thank you for reviewing our community. We are disappointed to hear that you felt favoritism determined how you were treated while working at StoryPoint Grove City. We want to address your concerns and hopefully grow from learning more about your experience. We make sure to adhere to all of the rules put forth by the Ohio Minor Labor Laws to ensure the safety of all our employees. If an employee is concerned about their hours or someone else's hours, they should reach out to our HR department for support. We are currently compensating employees for the different working environments they are responsible for and feel that the precautions we put in place at the community provide a safer working environment for our employees and residents. To discuss your review with us directly, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you.
I worked here for a little over 6 months and regretted quitting. There is a high turnover rate and management can get harsh, but overall a super fun job. Always solid hours, can pick up and switch shifts without a problem, and almost all my coworkers were great and fun to work with. You can build relationships with both coworkers and residents and it makes the job always exciting and never dull. Sometimes could be unreliable and unclear when it came to scheduling, but with so many servers it was easy to switch it around.
June 1, 2020
Hello, Thank you for leaving a review of StoryPoint Portage. We love to hear how much you enjoyed your colleagues and our residents - they are pretty great. We also love to hear that you appreciated your schedule's flexibility, as we think that is so important for our employees, especially when they are in school. We are always trying to improve and believe your insights might help us provide a more direct scheduling process. If you would like to discuss your review, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you again!
  1. Employee Reviews