StoryPoint
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

StoryPoint Employee Reviews

StoryPoint insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Very entertaining and rewarding job

Featured review

StoryPoint selected this as a representative review
I love our residents, and love hearing their many stories about their past; they amaze me each and every day! My managers and my coworkers have been extremely helpful and supportive during my time here. I absolutely love working at StoryPoint, and would recommend their wide variety of job positions to anybody that asked! I hope to stay for a long time!

Fun and productive work environment

Ii love working at story point,of course we have good days and bad days but my coworkers really make the bad days good .we have a good team and our residents are even better! For one I have found a place that feels like home to me I'm so happy I got to join this team!

This place has had two executive chefs walk out in less than 10 months

Overworked, underpaid, no leadership. Hr does not respond. The kitchen staff is bombarded not only with residents’ visitors demands but all the staff. It is ridiculous to have to cook food for the entire building. The staff complains that we don’t have time to cook their food within their 30 minute break when we are short staffed and overwhelmed with resident orders.

The residents and the staff are awesome!

Storypoint is a great place to work. My leader is the best and encourages me to strive to be my best. My teammates are awesome too and everyone truly has the resident’s best interests at heart. It’s a fun and rewarding place to work and is definitely different and better than any other facility I’ve worked at. The staff to resident ratio is the best I’ve seen anywhere and truly allows the time to properly care for our residents which is so rewarding.

Pros

Great staff, beautiful new building, very good pay.

Cons

I can’t think of any.

Work here - feels like a home away from home!

I 10/10 recommend working for StoryPoint Medina. The environment is loving & supportive, you will not find a better senior living community to work at. You can feel the love and care that this company has the second you walk in the door. Every single person that works for this company truly is here for the right reasons and that is to provide the best possible experience for all the residents.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Love working here!

I only been work for a couple of months and I’m already feel very confident of talking and taking orders from residence and their families. The residents are super funny and always happy to see you!

Pros

Happy environment, easy to get used to, meeting new people everyday!

Cons

Disorganized, misleading company, no team work

I am retired and started working at Story Point as a way to serve the senior community. I developed a wonderful relationship with the residents and really loved serving them. I felt I was doing something useful and was thanked and appreciated by the residents many times. The kitchen staff did a wonderful job. Unfortunately due to lack of trained management, communication, and overworking of staff we lost all of the kitchen staff and most of the servers. It was made so stressful for the employees everyone felt unappreciated, overworked and not part of a team. We had referral bonus's that were never paid and excuse after excuse for the chaos. What a shame, they should do better, the residents deserve better.

Pros

Residents

Cons

No support, misleading, overworked

October 8, 2021
Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are happy to hear that you loved your opportunity to get to know our wonderful residents and that you feel the culinary team was extremely hardworking. We understand that the pandemic has made staffing to our standards more complex and are actively working on getting more dedicated and hardworking employees every day. We think discussing your experience with you would help us create the work environment we aim to provide. If you want to help us improve, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

Not a great place The Ed is not a great leader and is only concerned about what makes her look good . Makes promises and she never keeps them.

This company stresses a 1440 culture ,but only utilizes as they wish. Lot's of caddyness and when they say everything is homemade from scratch food,that is a lie try Gordon's food warmed up. And put out to look pretty Ike it was home made but is definitely not. Dirty kitchen people were sick very often and staff would laugh about the kitchen food and cleaning of the equipment that caused the sickness. We were always short staffed and managers Never helped. I mean some Never left the office even though they knew we were working so short. And the pay don't even get me started. Seems all great at first, but after a few months you learn how it's more all talk and promises . Glad to be gone. The ED is the one who gossips the most.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Everything else no lie! The Ed is a bit crazy and only worried about herself

August 26, 2021
Hello, We are disappointed to learn that you didn't experience the culture that our team works so hard to create. It is difficult to determine which department you worked in as you didn't list a valid title, but we do want to address some of your comments about our culinary department. We do source some ingredients from GFS and local farmers and meat vendors, but all the meals we produce are scratch cooking. Our kitchen is clean and meeting our core standards as well as state regulations. Our leaders exist to support our teams, so we would love to connect with you directly to learn how we can meet those expectations more fluidly. To help us improve, please contact Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!

fun and interactive

i enjoyed the job but the shifts weren’t enough they were only 4 hours long for dinner and we would finish in about 3, unless you come in at breakfast for an 8-3 or worked a double

Pros

free food at the end of a shift, employee referral bonuses

Cons

short shifts, fast paced

August 23, 2021
Hello, Thank you for reviewing StoryPoint Saline! We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your job and found it to be fun and interactive. We definitely work with our employees to ensure they get the number of shifts they want based on their availability. We also have other roles in our community that provide different shift times that we encourage our employees to speak to their leaders about these opportunities. To discuss your experience with us directly, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655!

Most employees at story point are very nice and caring. Managers were nice too

However, we were always short of staff on weekends and even weekdays. We never got paid extra when two people were on the shift which means we had to each take two floors. Neither was an agency called in to help.

Cons

Not enough staffing

August 16, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that you have found our employees and residents to be nice. As an Employee First company, our goal is to provide the best experiences to our employees every day, and we can only do that with your feedback. When it comes to staffing, we also have a referral program that you can participate in that allows employees to refer their friends to work with us, and both parties have financial incentives. We would like to further discuss your concerns directly. We encourage you to speak to your leader or reach out to Pay Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you.

Used to be but not anymore

I love my residents at story point. The only problem is the pay and some people in the office my Goodness sometimes i be feeling like I’m ready to say goodbye but than i think of my residents who will take care of them if i decide to leave them😩🥺 i really wish the can do something about the pay and the people in the office…meaning management

Pros

Oh yeah

Cons

Here and there depends

August 16, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you love serving our residents. We encourage our employees to discuss their compensation and opportunities for growth with their leaders. We would like to connect with you directly to further discuss the details of your review and encourage you to please reach out to your leader or Pam Hayes in our HR department at (810) 220-2655. Thank you.

Fun place to work

Really nice coworkers and loved working and talking with the residents. Some have amazing stories and information to share with you. The management was ok. They were flexible with school schedules but also had a lot of internal conflict over small things with little reasoning. Too much pressure when you’re already doing a great job and the residents and staff adored me. But overall i really built a bond with the residents and some coworkers that were unforgettable. I would have stayed if it wasn’t for the pay

August 9, 2021
Hello, Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate hearing that you loved your team and our amazing residents. We are always open to feedback on ways we can improve leadership support and the overall environment for our employees. If you want to connect with us directly, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!

Underpaid and under appreciated employee

You will be stuck with pay below what you should get, and a raise it held like a carrot on a stick to it’s employees. The coworkers are constantly in and out and leeway is given to favorites.

August 5, 2021
We appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience our employee-first culture, which we work hard to maintain. We are always interested in how we can provide an even better work experience and would prefer to connect with you directly. If you don't feel comfortable discussing growth opportunities with your leader, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 to learn more about our payment structure. Thank you!

Okay

It’s a fine job until they get used to you. Good first job and you get experience. Everyone is friendly and civil when they need to be. Not a good place if you are looking to make good money. But good for like a 15 yr old with no bills to pay.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Money

August 5, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that you feel this job is flexible and a good way to gain experience. We have programs in place to help employees advance their responsibilities to get promotions and encourage them to discuss compensation with their leaders. We would love to connect with you directly to discuss your feedback, as we are always interested in improving our employee experience. Please reach out to Pam Hayes on the HR team at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!

Family feel

You can’t walk down the hallway without a smile and a how are you. Morning coffee is more than just coffee it started as 30 mins of conversation and now is almost 2 hours of laughs.

Pros

1440 culture

Great place close to home

Wonderful working with all the residents and most staff are awesome but management lacking and pay is very low! Since the facility has only been opened for 1 year they’re still figuring out things as they go so difficult learning policies and procedures

Good culture with the Caring team that works together

People like to work as a team and have the residents as their number one focus. We are shown appreciation for what we do and feel comfortable reaching out to management for assistance .

Pros

Great benefits and caring team

Good culture, great support from Regionals

I enjoy coming to work everyday, We work together as a team to make sure our residents are taken care of and appreciate the employees. There is great team work and people are willing to help in other departments besides their own. Regionals are there for the support that you need and company overall is very understanding when it comes to family.

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance

Gratifying Experience

I really love working with the residents - it brings them so much joy to have a second family of people caring for them. I have learned a lot from my leader and the rest of the Wellness Team. I enjoy coming to work and this is the first job I can say that for.

Pros

Building relationships with the residents, getting close with my co-workers and opportunities for growth in the organization.

Cons

I think these are minor and outweighed by the pros

It's hard to keep a smile on your face for the residents.

This is a beautiful facility, and the residents who live here are friendly and nice. However, management is uninterested in anything but filling positions. There is a bullying culture here. Much of the staff is toxic. Pay is just okay, but not worth the stress. It is hard to maintain a happy demeanor for the residents in the community, and any concerns are brushed off immediately. The company I accepted a job from was an outward facade of what life is really like at Storypoint. Turnover is high. Find a happier place to work.

Pros

Working with really nice elderly residents/beautiful facility

Cons

Pay, staff is unprofessional and immature, under staffing, poor management

June 29, 2021
Hello,Thank you for leaving us a review. We agree that our community is beautiful and that our residents are amazing. Staffing during the pandemic has brought with it unique challenges, but we are continuing to do our best to find dedicated employees to serve our seniors. If you want to help us provide a more supportive workplace, we would appreciate the chance to connect with you directly. To do so, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

stressful most the time

Working with the residents is amazing! However you have no time to actually get to know them or do activities with them. The wellness director show favoritism to certain people. They do not respect your personal life outside of work. Always short staff only care about how the place looks on the inside and not how the residents are being taken care of. Caregivers barely have time to attend to the residents needs due to heavy task sheets "housekeeping jobs" Treats staff like they are children!

Pros

residents

Cons

management, low pay, no respect

June 29, 2021
Hello, Thank you for leaving a review of StoryPoint Waterville. We appreciate reading that you loved working with our residents - they are pretty great. We agree that the pandemic has made finding employees that meet our high standards more difficult, but we will continue to seek these people out. We think it would be best to connect with you directly and learn more about your experience, how we can promote a better work-life balance for our employees and more. To reach us, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StoryPoint. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare StoryPoint with

• StoryPoint
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?