Stoughton Trailers, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced and competitive much room for
Welder (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WIJuly 25, 2018
Easy to learn fast pace and fun very helpful employers willing to work with you to help get the job done, everyone chips in and Carries their own weight but also is willing to help others around them
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No paid lunch
Disappointing experience
Executive Management (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 17, 2018
Absolutely terrible management culture lead by family ownership, no focus upon strategy and direction within the organization. Very disappointing experience, emphasis upon petty subject matter versus what is important to the business and employees.
Stressful, fast paced, and close knit
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 10, 2018
People there are friendly, and I've made close friends. The job is tough, and you get reassigned every so often, but if you're a fast learner, in a pinch, or looking for a resume-filler, this is it.
Dirty work environment with poor work attitude
Assembly Line Worker/teamlead (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 9, 2018
Dirty and cluttered working conditions. Decent pay for line workers. Poor management. There is a constant shortage on parts that force us to send units out without them to be done later. The overall moral in there poor and like nobody wants to be there
Pros
Decent benifets
Cons
Stressful, long hours
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Broadhead wiMarch 23, 2018
Fast paced competitive teaches you new life should it was a good place to work at friendly environment supervisors were helpful gives you a chance to work with your hands.
Horrible place to work period!
Rivet (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WIJanuary 28, 2018
Pay is horrible, jobs are horrible, whole company is horrible. I wouldnt suggest it to anybody.. youre under paid and treated like youre nothing. Benefits are also horriible
Pros
Cons
Everything about it
productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WIJanuary 22, 2018
its a good place to work. gives good breaks. good pay. good benefits. good breaks. all in all a good business to work for. some supervisors could be better and better attitudes
It was ok could step up
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIDecember 6, 2017
Just stay focus and clear of negativity. Pay attention because you will get hurt it is a grown man job. Far as I’m concerned I really loved it if you like workin with tools
Pros
No on Fridays
Cons
There not specific wit there rules
Promise of advances that never come
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIOctober 20, 2017
Stoughton trailers seemed like a very ideal job when i first started working there. The pay seemed fine and the promise of benefits after 90 days sounded great. However, even after my 90 days i was t immediately a hired in employee, as it took staff a few weeks to get me processed. i never received any back pay since your pay goes up after 90 days. Then my supervisor moved me to a different position and told me that even though it was more work it would be worth it because I would get a pay raise. I never received the raise, instead I was given excuse after excuse as to why they wouldn´t give it to me. All in all, its ok money, crummy benefits, and poor management.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
breaks are too short, benefits are terrible
Great place if you want to be moved around to 5 different stations when you were told you were going to be doing one
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brodhead, WIOctober 15, 2017
Multiple jobs when told you would do one if someone calls off, quits, or has to leave for the day your section in the line will have to work two times harder and still meet the takt # especially on 2nd shift if you don't meet the amount of trailers they need by the need of your shift plan to stay at least another hour to 2 unsafe work environment poor upper management and lack of tools they have beat up tools on the floor and reuse their drill bids to save money but they just keep breaking and basically wasting time!
Pros
Weekly pay, besides this nothing good is coming from this place
Cons
Poor management, long days
Great Place To Work When There's A Good Team And Enough People In Management That Know What Their Doing.
Line Welder, Core Units Welder (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIAugust 10, 2017
The work is quite fast pace, the employees are some real characters, the facility is cleaner than most with more advanced equipment, etc. Personally, my biggest recommendation for the company would be more training time updating training and reviewing with each individual in positions such as, tack leads, supervisors, managers, and other upper management what their exact job descriptions would be and to find better outlets when emotional at work then to abuse their power within their position, as well as coming up with a much better way to fix the company's turnaround rates.
Very productive
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brodhead, WIAugust 4, 2017
a typical day at Stoughton trailer Was accomplish making ** number of trailers Learn New Thing so when a team Lead wasn't there it wouldn't effect me or my team .
Challenging and engaging
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 27, 2017
It's a fun place to work. The problem is, that is all you end up doing.

The promise of a Monday-Thursday work schedule is a lie. Management is either people that have done their time or new people that get stepped on.
Cons
If I didn't have an SO, my pet would die of starvation from not being home.
run for the hills
Maintenence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 7, 2017
Speaking as a former employee, this company does not care about its employees. The is no work/life balance and the pay is horrible. This company drives the employees into the ground then spits them out
Pros
Cons
everything
hard work but opportunities for advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, WIApril 30, 2017
if you bring a positive attitude and work ethic to this place, it is alright. There are opportunities for advancement to those who show the willingness to learn, come to work and are self-motivated.

It's what you make of it.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
hard work, hot in summer (no AC anywhere in plants except offices)
I was grateful to have a job there.
MIG Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WISeptember 30, 2014
There was a difficult message to employees at ST. Produce more without proper tools, with less defects.
Pros
Camaraderie among the work groups.
Cons
They don't offer the tools to keep you safe, while talking safety all the time.
Company searching for ways to reduce cost and get more productivity from all employees.
Director Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIMay 3, 2014
There wasn't a typical day. Every day was different with new objectives and meeting the needs of a growing company. I picked up more tools to use for project cost justification. Management was changing in an effort to continue to drive cost down.

Great coworkers, easy to work with but a bit layed back. A dificult part of this job was to get the staff to be more productive and accountable for their actions. The review process did not support this effort very well.

I enjoyed working in an environment that offered constant challenges and opportunities to take the company to higher levels.
Pros
Competitive salary, privately held family business.
Cons
Benefits were light, lack of direction or understanding how management wanted to move the company forward.
Always exciting
Welder/assembler (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WINovember 26, 2012
I really liked working there and the people were also fun to be around
Pros
kept busy
Cons
work was sometimes slow and lay-offs would occur