Straight Forward Employee Reviews

Beautiful work place
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 28, 2018
I recommend people come here because not only is the manager awesome but the workers are to at straight forward everybody is one big family and their helpful
Pros
Free lunches for sure
Cons
Longer breaks
Fun experience with different achievements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 17, 2018
centralised office used for receiving or transmitting a large volume of requests by telephone. An inbound call centre is operated by a company to administer incoming product support or information enquiries from consumers.
Call
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 30, 2018
You get to call people and as I was told they arent seen as people, they are seen as numbers. The calls are usually really short since most of the people hang up.
Bad work Flow and mediocre management
Call Floor Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brodhead, WIApril 3, 2018
This company had a bad and hostile work environment from co-workers and the unfit management to suppervise such. The training did not match later expected requirements of sales and there was not any training other than entry level.
A good job for single people or recent graduates
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 2, 2018
Sales are everything. Your job is to sit at a computer and cold-call customers or potential customers, selling whatever the client has to offer, usually subscription services or upgrades to a customer's cable or phone plan. You can't use the internet, color, read, play cards, or eat at your desk. Hours are 12-8:30 every weekday, plus two Saturdays a month. If you don't mind being a little pushy (or maybe very pushy) with customers who aren't interested, you can make an extra two or three dollars an hour.
Everyone is friendly, helpful, and wants to see you succeed. There are constant contests and incentives for top sellers.
break room
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMarch 22, 2018
had a nice break room with a vending machine that had very good food in it.And i was kept very clean for the most part of the part and people were not judgmental.
Pros
you can get your own space
Cons
short breaks
open call center area
Telephone sales (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIMarch 21, 2018
a typical day at work involved getting to work and logging into our computer and our call log, then preparing to receive and make calls to customers. management was there to help in case a call was being hard to close on a sale. the hardest part of the job was meeting the requirement of how many sales you needed in a day.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
long time to earn pto, stressful
Fun Work Place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 11, 2018
A fun, competitive work place. You are able to work as many hours as you please beyond your scheduled shifts when it's convenient for you. The management is very friendly.
Great for sales people
Full Time Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I enjoyed the management team, coworkers, pay incentives, and benefits. You must be disciplined and focused on making the sale to do well. It's up to you how much you make. Management will listen and coach as needed to help you develop your skills. Most coworkers were willing to help you learn when needed. The location is inconvenient to grabbing lunch due to a lack of restaurants close by. Must be a quick thinker to succeed and gain high sales. This job is not for the faint of heart, but those who really want the win. Benefits are reasonable.
Pros
Pay incentives, management, friendly environment
Cons
Lack of lunch locations
A joke
New hire (Former Employee) –  Sauk City WisconsinFebruary 6, 2018
I would consider this place kind of a joke. Went in for an interview. The gentleman told me I was hired. He said he was going to send me an e-mail of some questions that needed to be answered he never did. He was also very unprofessionally dressed for being a manager.
boring
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 8, 2018
not challenging enough. Company moved out of town. unrealistic goals for bonuses once you reached your goal they increased it for the next day. unable to use people i know to sell and renew contracts.
Pros
short days and easy work
Cons
boring
overall not a place i would work at again
Telemarketing advisor (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIJanuary 3, 2018
I didn't like the management or the way they had the hours set up I would not recommend to even my worst enemy about the only good thing there was the people you worked with they are some of the nicest people I have ever met but the manager is the worst.
Close friends.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 28, 2017
It is a big family. I have been there for over 5 years now. I started as a sales advisor. I had my ups and downs there. I have been through a lot with this company. I obtained the Development leader position, which is just a fancy word for the trainer in the Eau Claire location.
Pros
Insentives
Cons
Sales is not for everyone.
Good job if your lazy
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 28, 2017
Over all boring! Call pre approved clients to see if you can get them the cellphone of their dreams! Most of the time you'll get voicemail or ppl who will hang up you. Training was intense. Had a good looking trainer which added another benefit as to why you don't want to miss a training class. But overall if your looking for a sales position and you can tolerate being bored!!! then go for it!
Pros
Make great friends/ shift starts at noon
Cons
Short breaks, ghetto, favoritism, boring
Flexible hours, inflexible team
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 19, 2017
If you want to be worked to death with little pay and very little respect for you as a person, then by all means feel free to work here. But fully expect them to demand to know where you are anytime you are 5 minutes late, and if you are in the hospital or deathly sick they simply will not care.
Enjoyable work environment and offered free SiriusXM to employees
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 19, 2017
The job itself offered wonderful experience to me selling a product. The opportunity gave me sales confidence. Locations are closing. Security=poor.
My manager was nice but my supervisor wasnt professional.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 14, 2017
Well I worked for Sprint I was fired a couple weeks before Christmas for waving a customer 10 dollar shipping fee. So that right there goes to show how much they don't care about the employees there. It's a high turn over there always hiring so your position is never safe!
Cons
Short breaks you can get fired for the littlest thing
The worst job I've ever worked.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI 53190December 10, 2017
The test to be hired before your interview is honestly insulting toward one's intelligence in the modern age. The expectations of you are ridiculous.
Pros
you can quit as soon as you find almost any other job
Cons
short breaks, completely unrealistic goals, cheap incentives, corruption of would-be honest folk
Decent Place to Get Started
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WINovember 29, 2017
On the phones learning sales skills and dealing with cold calling. Management is fun and they run alot of incentives based around all metrics of the job.
Relaxed, yet also fast pace with many rude people.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 28, 2017
Working at straight forward is entertaining. Lots of people you work with tend to be kind and will talk with you, if they are not in the middle of a call with a customer. However, one downside of working there is that a bunch of information is thrown at you during training, but it is easy to remember at times. Also, you have a script to follow, and within a couple of weeks you will have it memorized. Sometimes when you call out, you only get the customer's answering machine, which can become irritating while trying to make sales in a given time frame. Also, customers have gotten angry or frustrated on phone calls and all you can do is stay calm and be polite to them. It is nice to set a good example for the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Straight Forward. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight