StrataTech Education Group Employee Reviews

Micromanagement or no management
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2019
If you arent the favorite, youre worthless. So many double standards, so many cutthroat people. Its hard to work here without wanting to quit each day because no one wants to hear it if you go to them about any kind of issues. I didnt listen to these reviews, but the turnover rate is INSANE. Since being here 2 different departments have gone through a full turnover in less than 6 Months...
Not a productive and fun place to work. They work you like a slave and don't like it when you complain. You cannot take time off without coverage.
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2019
I received all 5's and one 4 on my last evaluation from my supervisor but the president changed them to 3's. I did enjoy working for the facility at the start due to a great dean and president who both resigned.
Pros
No lunches and breaks. The 4 10 minute breaks were for students and not instructors.
Highest turnover I've ever seen!
CAREER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 5, 2019
When I interviewed for this position, I ask them what the training process was like. They assured me that they would make sure I was trained properly and that I would not be set up for failure. Well, that's exactly what happened. I was instructed to watch videos on how to use the campus software but was never adequately trained on my position specifically. I went to my supervisor, the Regional Director of Career Services, to explain to her what my issue was. She informed me that my position required no training and that it was just "common sense". The most important part about this position was getting placements, 7 a week to be exact. With absolutely NO training, this was almost impossible to do.No of my other coworkers managed to achieve this either and they had been there longer than I. I only achieved it once and to be honest, it was pure luck.

No one stays here very long. In less than a year, I saw at least 10 people get fired or quit (with there being approximately 40 employees total) including the Academic Dean. All anyone cares about there is numbers, not the well being of the students or the staff. But by all means, if you want a job that is all over a place and makes you want to pull your hair out, you should apply.
Pros
Helping students find a career is rewarding
Cons
Terrible management, no training, very unstable
The highest turnover in the industry
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2019
You will be micromanaged by the CEO. She is intimidated by strong leaders. She is the most unprofessional leader I have ever worked for. She gets rid of anyone that does not let her walk all over them
Pros
There is an industry need
Cons
The CEO will destroy the company if not replaced
Don't recommend it.
Senior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Horrible and vindictive upper management and its all about the money. Instructors are the best part of it and treated the worst with no respect and low pay. Their mission statement is joke compared to whats really going on.
The idea isn't the reality
xyZ (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2019
They sign you up with pretty words and make you think you'll be doing something great but then quickly you find that greed runs this business not morals.
Pros
80 hour work weeks
Cons
everything else
It's a job
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2019
The job is what you make it. If you can handle management changes, it can be a good place to work. I encountered too much turn over to consider it a good experience.
good school
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2019
Tulsa Welding school is a great place to become a welder. with three locations across the country. TWS can provide a great foundation for anyone wanting to become a welder.
Just plan sad
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 8, 2019
Don't care about employees, just numbers and money. Employee's work 6 days a week and it is never enough. The more you do, the more they want. Just very ungrateful!!!
Great instructors and students
Career Service/Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
They are true to their mission! The CEO tells you when you start working for them that your main focus is to take care of the students and she means that!
Pros
No matter what some people may think, you can hold your head high knowing that what you do for others pays off.
Cons
Unrealistic work expectations.
Lots of Turn Over
High School Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2018
Constant turn over the whole time I was employed with this company in all departments. Several quit and others were fired with out explanation. Oklahoma is an at will state, so when fired only vague reasons as to why were given.
Stressful and dull
Electrical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2018
Overall just a very unhappy place to work. Deplorable morale.Lackluster management with very little attention to employee needs.As well as setting meeting and functions mandatory to employees on our own time. Not going to happen.
Pros
Nice classrooms
Very Stressfull
High School Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2018
I wouldn't work here again. Not that they would have me. There would have to be some changes at the top of high school admissions. Please consider other schools if the management is the same
Great team
High School Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Loved working for High School team- great team. Made a huge mistake by leaving TWS. Great, high in demand programs, great placement for students that are graduating.
A numbers driven environment
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74104July 14, 2018
A typical day includes soliciting business and maintaining business relationships. I also place students with said businesses that will be a good match for the graduate and business. I have developed a great rapport with the instructors and can turn to them to identify students that will make great employees for the companies I am working with. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the look of amazement when students/grads get their "dream job".
Overall great place to work. Was micromanaged sometimes
Regional High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2018
Overall great place to work. Lota of recognition for your hard work. Lots of flexibility on hours but also long days and lots of travel. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Flexibility and pay
Cons
To much micromanaging
Great company!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2018
Tulsa Welding School is a great place to work. Managers and leaders provide you with excellent coaching and growth opportunities. The company takes good care of their employees. The benefits are great and they have a good 401K match.
Pros
Benefits, family atmosphere, truely a company that cares
Sure
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2018
Sure I did work there and I made lasting friendships
Typical day was good
I learned a lot from my co workers
Management was good
Culture was casual
Hardest part of the job
Enjoyable part of the job
good place
Pipefitter instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2018
great place did not want to leave but i had an elderly parent i had to care for and the evening hours would not allow me to do so. the superintendent was a great guy
Pros
benifits
Cons
evening shift
Great company, fun work environment, opportunity for advancement
Director of Training (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2018
Tulsa Welding School is a great place to work. Interacting with the students is a very rewarding experience. There are great opportunities to advance within the company. Upper management is very high on promoting from within and hard work is recognized. All around great place to be!
Pros
Great environment, opportunities for advancement, benefits