Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC Employee Reviews

Strategic allowed me to grow and succeed in many ways.
Acute Therapist - North Carolina (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2018
I started there as an Assessor for Intake and then promoted to Admissions Director. Once I accomplished this I was given the opportunity to become an unlicensed Acute Therapist under supervision. I was able to grow and learn many roles within this company.
Pros
Potential to grow and further your dreams
Cons
Charlotte location unstable/unsafe and that's why we closed.
Poor wages
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2018
There was a lot of work done in my position and yet we were the worst paid in the entire building but let anything go wrong and it's our fault. The place is quick to blame and then wonder why they lose great employees
I would never work there again!!!!
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCAugust 2, 2018
This place left a bad taste in my mouth and you couldn't pay me enough to work there again. I felt like to move up in the company you had to spread your legs or open your mouth (not speaking but sucking) to get a position. Poor management, communications, and lack of judgment. Management did not have your back and they believe you over a kid would have issues.
Pros
I got a pay check and some experiences.
Cons
Poor communication, poor management, poor lack of judgment.
Hostile staff.
Fromer employee (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 30, 2018
I thought it be a good place to work. Guess what? It was not. Orientation long with few breaks. The HR not very supportive if needed to leave early for personal issues. T HR would put you if needed questions answered The staff are not welcoming to new staff. Some the staff played "super staff". They thought you knew nothing and they were the only one with good sense. A lot of inappropriate behaviors by staff to peers, residents and visitors. Some residents were admitted to the facility and did not receive appropriate treatments because programs they needed did not exist.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Staff, lack of appropriate programs
If you enjoy being belittled here’s a job for you
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 27, 2018
Staff is a joke, don’t care abt u not makinenough to afford the cost of rent. Forget abt asking they will laugh in ur face&talk poorly behind ur back.
Psychiatric Hospital
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 24, 2018
Easy to get injured at work; environment can be stressful. Management is always changing. "Too many chiefs; not enough Indians". You have to love the population of working with mentally ill patients in order to have job satisfaction.
Pros
Competetive Salary
Cons
Managemnent
Fun work place
Mental Health Technician II (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCJuly 23, 2018
I've learned that mental behaviors can be controlled. The hardest part of the job is learning the behaviors of new clients.The most enjoyable part of the job is putting families back together.
Great co-workers
RN (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2018
The co-workers were great but management doesn't care about the safety of the employees working on the floor. It's a for-profit hospital so they only care about the money coming in.
Supportive working environment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 25, 2018
Supportive working environment, flexible shifts, appropriate training for use in workplace, need for more workers to allow for staff to get needed breaks, more mental health structure needed to meet the need of patients, continuing education to enhance staff training
Pros
Supportive working environment
Cons
Not enough staff
okay company
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 30, 2018
strategic is an great company do believe that patients get board easily. they need more structural and complex activities to partake in. something to make them use their brains.
Productive intense workplace
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 20, 2018
The hardest part of the job never knowing if you will be attacked or what they have planned by residents. I learned a lot about behavioral systems and therapeutic relationships, Descalating problems with the residents. I enjoyed the talents shows, Assembly’s , outings they had for the residents.
Created a culture of fear and paranoia
Director of Compliance and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 11, 2018
Work days were long - leadership was expected to work long hours, including weekends. Management showed lack of trust in most of their leadership. Training was not provided for the job. Workplace culture was mostly fear of losing a job, with a generally unhappy workforce. Hardest part of job was completing an assignment due to constant changes in priorities. Most enjoyable part; working with the clients.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff and the children. A typical day at work involved redirecting the behavior of the kids and encouraging them to follow all rules and guidelines designed by the company. It was a hard job but very rewarding to say the least.
Pros
Being able to encourage children to do better
Cons
short staff and low pay
Worst job ever
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock prairieApril 25, 2018
I am a licensed psychiatric technician with 30 plus year of experience. I worked with strategic for almost 2 years. During my time there my experience meant nothing to them. I would suggest ways of dealing with patients, but was told that my input was not needed or good enough. I treated the patients with utmost respect and dignity, But the facility only acknowledge any bad remarks against you. As for promotions, I was passed up several times and when I asked why, I was told I didn't have enough experience but the promotion was given to someone younger and with no experience at all.Same pay for all mental health workers not so. There were people coming in and starting off with a lot more money then I. When I asked about that management flew off the wall according to them everyone was paid by experience. How does someone with less experience get more money.

So if you would like to be berated and belittled on a daily basis then I Highly recommend this job for you.
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
Monitoring and mentoring the mentally and behaviorally challenged
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 23, 2018
Strategic offers plenty of material on how to handle and understand their patients. It often proves hard to continuously put what you've learned into action due to lack of real resources, and true support. Though I had real compassion for the adolescents I worked with lack of resource, consequences and space made it stressful to continue my job and see my clients excel. Learn what you can, use as a stepping stone and try not to carry your work home.
Tough job for little compensation.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCApril 13, 2018
Super rewarding population to work with. The company is in a constant staffing crisis. The turnover rate is unlike anything I've ever seen. Very little room for advancement and unlivable wages for stressful and occasionally unsafe work.
Pros
Working directly with children and making an impact.
Cons
Short breaks when you get them, chronically understaffed, low wages
It's a Job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCApril 8, 2018
I would just say if you can find a Job somewhere else I would take it because at Strategic, for example they have to hold orientation Twice a Month due to the fact people Quitting to go somewhere else to work.
Pros
The Benifits
Cons
Too many clients per therapist.
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 2, 2018
The company is completely paper-based, and the therapists have 10 clients each. This number is too many for a person to do good clinical work with each client. Add to this treatment teams, group therapy, community groups, and it quickly puts a therapist at 50 hours or more per week. There is the sense that you are under water ALL THE TIME!! A complete lack of feedback on one's work also leaves a person wondering.
Pros
Some very dedicated clinicians work there.
Cons
High turn-over, so those with more than 6 months of experience are the minority.
Safety of the staff isn't good. Staff don't have much control because of the structure in which the facility is run.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCMarch 26, 2018
It's an extremely difficult place to work in. The environment is stressful. You are unpaid for the amount of danger and risk you are placed in daily. There's never a good staff to resident ratio.
Management is poor
MHT (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCMarch 15, 2018
This place is a joke. I currently work here and trust me management doesn’t care about the people. Money rules the world here. I don’t recommend working here. I tried to give it a chance but it’s just hard. I love the patients, but management got their credentials from a cereal box.
Pros
Pto time
Cons
Pay, management, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5