Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC Employee Reviews

Place is a joke
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCApril 23, 2019
Management is unprofessional staff is unprofessional place is ran down with bed bugs and mold in residents bathrooms. State should shut this place down
Pros
Cons
Don’t work here place should be shut down
Run Away
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 17, 2019
They will lie to you during the training process and make promises they will not keep. This place does not care about you or the kids. They will work you to death and that still won't be good enough. No one there is qualified to do their job and it shows. It is not worth it. You will not get your breaks and will work 14 hours a day
Cons
everything
Wouldn't Recommend
MHT (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 5, 2019
When I first started (2 years ago) I loved this job. I felt supported, safe, and loved seeing the transformation of the residents. One by one, that group of management got laid off or fired because residents would make up allegations. I am not AT ALL saying that allegations should not be taken seriously, however, when the allegation is completely out of that employees character and they have not had any other allegations, I have an issue. I know the Milieu Managers were so stressed that their blood pressure would skyrocket. The job is incredibly stressful as a mental health tech. Most employees don't last more than 6 months. Very very underpaid for the work we do. The new management team do not support the MHTs. It has completely gone downhill, which is really sad. They will also hire anyone, because they are so desperate to fill positions. I really really wish they would figure out how to get it together, because we need mental health hospitals. It isn't fair for to the residents who need help.
Also, don't expect breaks. You might get your 30 min break.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
understaffed, limited breaks, not supportive managers
n/a
ASSESSMENT AND REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  llcMarch 25, 2019
I love the job because it is in my field of work. It a place that teaches you and allows you to grow. I haven't been there long but I am loving it thus far.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCMarch 9, 2019
Got to go all over Carteret County, NC. Always listened. Had to drive long way into Jones County, NC. Worked with good people. Had some fun. Liked bosses.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Low pay
Hard working and pleasant people
DISCHARGE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCMarch 3, 2019
Work hours are flexible. Love interacting and working to assist patients with placement. Family members are not always supportive or kind to their family members. Hardest part is having to send some patients to a homeless shelter. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have made a difference in someones life.
Pros
Met a lot of nice people
Cons
Health Benefits are terrible, no job security, low wages
Great Place To Work
Intake Coordinator Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 28, 2019
Management and Staff are great, Lunch is great, good computer systems,the hardest part is working 12 hour shifts. Great part it was close to home. Great restaurant area.
Productive workplace
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCFebruary 6, 2019
A secured workplace, strictly by the rules, protecting and caring for children .You have to be very observant and quick on your feet..Your main concern are the children.
Poor management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2019
-Poor management
-filthy conditions for patients and employees
-unsafe conditions
-favoritism
-poor treatment of patients
-ineffective treatment plan
-lack of compassion, felt more like a prison
-poor treatment of employees (lack of resources)
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Unsafe, Dirty, Poor Management
Terrible Management
Mental health (Former Employee) –  Creekside Behavioral Health, TennesseeJanuary 18, 2019
I have been with the company for only 4 months but I am looking for employment elsewear, the upper management do not listen or hear their employees. They allow opinions of others to sway decisions without facts. Quick to cut your job when under pressure, do not care about who you are as a person. Upper management does not take the time to teach and would rather remove from positions. This hospital focus is on numbers, keeping patients as long as possible even if they don’t need to be hospitalized any longer. My pay is excellent and it is the only reason most stay employed at this company. Money doesn’t buy happiness and this job proves just that! Think twice before leaving current job for one here... grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Therapy
Willow Creek Behavioral Health Hospital (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I highly enjoyed working at Willow Creek Behavioral Health. Our group of PRN workers were flexible and worked as a team. We did not have enough therapists thus many times a person was working more than the number of hours they originally contracted for. My last supervisor was extremely good at being available, supervision, brainstorming, a very positive person who worked way to many hours due to the shortage of therapist. The supervisor did look into an advancement opportunity for the therapist. The cons of the job were that as prn therapist we had no designated space to do our documenting, and often time had to correct others documentation and report that to the supervisor. The top management of the hospital needs to be evaluated and looked at from the culture of the community of WI and not from where the company originated. Many patients were unhappy about not being able to watch the Packer game and in WI that is a part of people routing. Also, staff knew when they had done something incorrectly but the many things they did correctly weren't recognized.
Pros
pay, enjoyed my co-workers as well as my supervisor working together
Cons
not enough therapists, poor communication, prn didn't receive vital communications until the last supervisor took over
Lots of management from above
CEO, Strategic Behavioral Center Raleigh (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 2, 2019
A huge amount of off site management from the corporate office. Autonomy was minimal.
Corporate Office always had a fear of immediate jeopardy citation from CMS.
Difficult to recruit staff and physicians.
Pros
Well compensated.
Cons
Lots of corporate interfence in many facets of decision making.
Demanding
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2018
I loved my team at SBC. The hardest part was short breaks or sometimes none at all. I learned patience, how to interact in a therapeutic environment, and accountability
Shift Leader/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCDecember 1, 2018
The best managers to work for. They are one of the best jobs I have ever had. They take care of their staff they make sure you are ok. They have a great work environment.
Extremely stressful with little support from management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2018
My review is that there is a lot of work needed to make this hospital a success. Managers are not always trained and/or educated in their respective fields. The workload far outweighs the workforce. Employees are demanded to perform certain tasks instead of being encouraged. There is a disparity between managers and direct care staff.
Pros
Close to my home, short distance to drive. Helped children in need.
Cons
Lack of leadership/management involvement and support
Great company!
Regional Business Office Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2018
Great company with compassionate staff, family oriented. Modern workplace atmosphere with friendly, down to earth administrators. The hardest part of the job was traveling.
Pros
Great benefits, nice atmosphere, state of the art facilities
Cons
Traveling can be a bit much at times
Overworked and Underpaid
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TxNovember 4, 2018
There is always room for advancement as long as you don't expect to be conpensated for it. If you bend over backwards for this company looking for advancement opportunities they will take advantage of you. If you begin to pressure upper management for well deserved compensation they will give you the run around and look for reasons to get you off their back and fire you or make you resign if necessary. Upper management has no regard for staffing and cares little for staff and patient safety. Upper management pushes for addmission of all patients as long as they have insurance. Upper management only focuses on the business side of running the hospital and leaves the rest of staff to figure things out for themselves.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management, No raises, No compensation for increased workloads, hostile work environment
Unethical and Poorly Managed
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 1, 2018
Management is money driven with little to no regard of their staff. Many times the patient to staff ratios were unsafe. Admissions were accepted whether a patient was medically stable or not, it was all about money. When staff would voice concerns, nothing would be done to correct or prevent further occurrences. Nursing staff is very unappreciated, not worth risking your license for!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else!
lack of responsibility
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 22, 2018
The atmosphere was very negative because the environment was depressing and the staff allowed the environment to affect their behavior. It's a behavioral health facility for children and teens. The kids didn't want to be their, no fault of their own so they were very manipulative. they always argued, and fought with the staff and themselves. This made it very difficult to maintain a positive attitude and the staff reacted much the same. They took no responsibility for anything so there was a lot of gossip and blame. I'm happy I no longer work there, I just feel sorry for the children and their families, if any.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
worst place I have ever worked
Clinical Therapist/LPC-Intern (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 17, 2018
The therapist to client ratio is ridiculous, we each have 18 patients, plus groups, individual counseling, and lets not forget aside from being therapists we are also case managers and discharge planners. They also throw in UR work as well. They are highly unethical. The NP talks about patients in a negative way, they keep pushing patients to stay longer if they have insurance "never leave days on the table". They pressure therapists, NPs, and Psychiatrists to discharge patients that are no longer funded. They get emergency vaccination happy with patients, they don't utilize seclusion rooms, they utilize IMs because that also guarantees insurance coverage for an additional day. Hostile work environment.
Pros
none, you even have to use your PTO as sick time, or when being flexed
Cons
no vacation days, flexing, overworking, hostile work environment, large caseload, lack of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5