Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC

• Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Poor upper management

The ceo changed 4 times in 2 years and the constant restructuring caused rifts in the workers. They do not like to pay you fairly. I tried to quit and they found a reason to fire me.

Pros

Good days are easy

Cons

Short breaks, long hours, low pay.

Learned some. But experience and expectation unbelievable.

Was overwhelmed being in this environment. No support. TOO many high and unrealistic expectations. So glad I did my best for the residents. I like to protect my peace and life at all times.

Pros

Learned a little

Cons

Alot.

Think again...

If you are licensed and you value it, you will skip applying here. Your license will be in jeopardy every single day that you are there. Same with your safety, constantly understaffed. Management seems not to care about the high acuity of the patients and the lack of staff.

Pros

the staff that do care

Cons

managment

Trial By Fire

I learned so much about myself working here. I loved many of the clients I worked with, and still have friends I made working there. However, I have nothing else positive to say about the job. Now that the only available shifts are 12 hours, the place appears to have gone downhill since I worked there. If I were sent there as an adolescent, I would have been scarred for life. I reported them twice to the state while working there for violations. They are chronically short staffed. Imagine being the only person watching over 12 kids. Three sets of kids start physically beating each other, you are only able to stop 1 child. You go to call for help, grab your walkie-talkie (If you could even get one), and it doesn't work. This happens a lot here.At the time, I could count the gems (fantastic staff) on one hand. They hired people with criminal backgrounds, neglected staff and client needs, including needed trips to the ER. The cliques ran/run the show, and everyone else is fair game. Unless you love going insane, avoid this place.

Pros

Lucky enough to be inspired

Cons

Management doesn’t value you and shows favoritism

I was told to stay away from this company and I didn’t listen. I should have! They do not value you and will kick you to the curb with no questions asked if you haven’t been with the company long. Employees that have been there for years are showed favoritism! The patients were not half as stressful as staff and management in a behavioral hospital!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Management, no breaks sometimes

Just run away seriously keep your sanity

As a technician you are required to work every other weekend. They do not like to reward you the pto that your earned. Always under staffed. If your going to work here be prepared to be in full ppe all the time it is an out break sight of covid-19. They are so under staffed when a code is called no one comes to help and you may end up in the hospital from being beat by residents. Management turns a blind eye and talk down to their techs. 1 tech to 6 residents 1 nurse to 2 halls. There is no real program to help these residents. Some staff care most do not. This place will drive you insane. Most of the hire staff leave within the first month. You are trained by people that have only been there for a month. Don’t trust anyone there.

Pros

I’ll let you know if I come up with any

Cons

Its the blind leading the blind in there

They do not give raises. They change the "policies" every day. The kids never have what they need they are always hungry the staff patient ratio is a joke unless the state is snooping again. The interm cno has created such a mess they can't keep a new hire for more than 3 days. Upper management changes constantly. There is no point in figuring out who they are because they won't stay. No one ever does. Only a few have been there a long time and they are treated like poo.

Pros

The kids are amazing. If staff didn't instigate them they wouldnt assault them

Cons

Management or lack of. Pay

4 years and going

COVID hasn’t affected working here, PTO is amazing with time, benefits are okay, upper management can be helpful, environment can be hostile, moral is low, MHT don’t get bonuses, residents are what make the job, the units can be chaotic at times, must have patience, training in orientation doesn’t prepare you for the unit, the pay isn’t bad could be more, i love working for strategic

Horrible depressing place to work

Horrible.. run!!!! The management sucks, only person who shows respect is the HR assistant. Its horrible. Rules constantly changing. Don't care about their staff.. constantly understaff.

Pros

Cons

Management the DON

Workplace

It is a great company to work because of staff but the management has a downside as might be expected from other companies around. Work life balance is okay and compensation is good

It can be rewarding

It's a train wreck no communication sometimes it's like working in south central LA with all the violence the kids perform . Never any supplies they run out of toletries and pillows but keep on admitting kids

Pros

Most of the staff are decent and want to help

Cons

No breaks terrible pay no staff

This is the wrost place to work

This organization do not value employees. The pay is low and the facility is never cleaned. The resident are allowed to fight like the movie fight club and staff does not thing to stop them. there is major drug use on the premeise andsupervision does not care.

Pros

leave this job is the only pro, s It has a high turn around rate

Cons

low pay no advancement. staff do not care facility is dirty and badly keep

Staff don't work together

The staff don't work together the hallway short staff the kids always frighten and the sometimes don't do anything about staff come to they can never keep people.

Pros

They don't give the kids offen foods

Cons

Sometimes you don't take a break because of short staff

Good company to work for

Before taking this job, I had no prior experience working in mental health and used this job as a way to gain that experience. Having a psychology degree I wanted to be able to put my degree to use and this job has allowed me to do so. I had no expectations going into it except that it would have its challenging days since I do have to watch over adolescents with behavioral problems. This job has been great as a steppingstone job. Management isn’t the best in the world, the pay is alright, and the people I work with are great!

Pros

Decent pay, Good coworkers, Excellent experience

Cons

Long hours, Understaffed

Run

They don't care about the patients or their employees. They have favorites they don't enforce rules until state gets involved if anything happens you are out the door they really don't care for you side of the story most of the nurses are awesome it's the management that sucks I've seen people keep they jobs when they shouldn't have I've seen people loose they jobs over something so simple and forgiving u better be on the management good side working here

Run for the hills

Run and look for employment else where! No integrity! Just work and work employees to death. Past CEO had no ethics and barely supported staff. There are other companies that support their staff.

Run

There is absolutely no support from management, no communication, I would not recommend this to anyone looking for employment. I believe they are about to go under.

Dangerous place for everyone

Staff to client ratios were a joke, only at minimum staffing levels when State was on the units. I was there 4.5 years and when we started our bottom line was a positive outcome for our kids. Till I left it was the profit margin for the company. When I complained about the lack of safety for everyone I had the clinical director tell me yes it’s dangerous but that’s what you signed up for. He then told me he was going home and good luck!

Pros

I loved helping the kids and had some stellar coworkers.

Cons

Watching the kids not get what they needed, my coworkers being used and abused. Low salary and dismal benefits.

Flexibility & Good Raport

Excellent & awesome employee, employer relationship. Flexibility in schedules, diversity in the work place. Ability to grow and take greater responsibility

Rough, unpredictable work environment

Good start for experience. Although long hours, always understaffed, under supported, undervalued. The State frequents regularly because of all the complaints about company, environment, patient safety and patient rights. No clear, concise schedule in place for adolescent residents outside of school. Resident-run facility. Adolescents are free to curse you out, hit you, weak support of Supervisors

Pros

Help adolescents

Cons

Critically short staffed, volatile environment

Poorly run and toxic envoirment

Managers are as overwhelmed as the hands on staff and it's always stressful. Corporate managers cover their own backsides and will throw anyone under the bus if it suits them. Understaffed and the patients run the place. Staff are assaulted on a regular basis. Rarely was there any actual therapy that took place. I was warned by several former employees not to work there but I bought into the "we are changing the culture and have made big improvements" line they fed me during orientation. The culture is negative at best, toxic at times. They pay well though. Heed the warning they pay that much because otherwise they can't get people to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3