Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC

• Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Poor upper management

The ceo changed 4 times in 2 years and the constant restructuring caused rifts in the workers. They do not like to pay you fairly. I tried to quit and they found a reason to fire me.

Pros

Good days are easy

Cons

Short breaks, long hours, low pay.

Learned some. But experience and expectation unbelievable.

Was overwhelmed being in this environment. No support. TOO many high and unrealistic expectations. So glad I did my best for the residents. I like to protect my peace and life at all times.

Pros

Learned a little

Cons

Alot.

Think again...

If you are licensed and you value it, you will skip applying here. Your license will be in jeopardy every single day that you are there. Same with your safety, constantly understaffed. Management seems not to care about the high acuity of the patients and the lack of staff.

Pros

the staff that do care

Cons

managment

Management doesn’t value you and shows favoritism

I was told to stay away from this company and I didn’t listen. I should have! They do not value you and will kick you to the curb with no questions asked if you haven’t been with the company long. Employees that have been there for years are showed favoritism! The patients were not half as stressful as staff and management in a behavioral hospital!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Management, no breaks sometimes

Just run away seriously keep your sanity

As a technician you are required to work every other weekend. They do not like to reward you the pto that your earned. Always under staffed. If your going to work here be prepared to be in full ppe all the time it is an out break sight of covid-19. They are so under staffed when a code is called no one comes to help and you may end up in the hospital from being beat by residents. Management turns a blind eye and talk down to their techs. 1 tech to 6 residents 1 nurse to 2 halls. There is no real program to help these residents. Some staff care most do not. This place will drive you insane. Most of the hire staff leave within the first month. You are trained by people that have only been there for a month. Don’t trust anyone there.

Pros

I’ll let you know if I come up with any

Cons

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Its the blind leading the blind in there

They do not give raises. They change the "policies" every day. The kids never have what they need they are always hungry the staff patient ratio is a joke unless the state is snooping again. The interm cno has created such a mess they can't keep a new hire for more than 3 days. Upper management changes constantly. There is no point in figuring out who they are because they won't stay. No one ever does. Only a few have been there a long time and they are treated like poo.

Pros

The kids are amazing. If staff didn't instigate them they wouldnt assault them

Cons

Management or lack of. Pay

4 years and going

COVID hasn’t affected working here, PTO is amazing with time, benefits are okay, upper management can be helpful, environment can be hostile, moral is low, MHT don’t get bonuses, residents are what make the job, the units can be chaotic at times, must have patience, training in orientation doesn’t prepare you for the unit, the pay isn’t bad could be more, i love working for strategic

Horrible depressing place to work

Horrible.. run!!!! The management sucks, only person who shows respect is the HR assistant. Its horrible. Rules constantly changing. Don't care about their staff.. constantly understaff.

Pros

Cons

Management the DON

Workplace

It is a great company to work because of staff but the management has a downside as might be expected from other companies around. Work life balance is okay and compensation is good

This is the wrost place to work

This organization do not value employees. The pay is low and the facility is never cleaned. The resident are allowed to fight like the movie fight club and staff does not thing to stop them. there is major drug use on the premeise andsupervision does not care.

Pros

leave this job is the only pro, s It has a high turn around rate

Cons

low pay no advancement. staff do not care facility is dirty and badly keep

Jobs at Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC

in Garner, NC
See more jobs

Good company to work for

Before taking this job, I had no prior experience working in mental health and used this job as a way to gain that experience. Having a psychology degree I wanted to be able to put my degree to use and this job has allowed me to do so. I had no expectations going into it except that it would have its challenging days since I do have to watch over adolescents with behavioral problems. This job has been great as a steppingstone job. Management isn’t the best in the world, the pay is alright, and the people I work with are great!

Pros

Decent pay, Good coworkers, Excellent experience

Cons

Long hours, Understaffed

Run

They don't care about the patients or their employees. They have favorites they don't enforce rules until state gets involved if anything happens you are out the door they really don't care for you side of the story most of the nurses are awesome it's the management that sucks I've seen people keep they jobs when they shouldn't have I've seen people loose they jobs over something so simple and forgiving u better be on the management good side working here

Run for the hills

Run and look for employment else where! No integrity! Just work and work employees to death. Past CEO had no ethics and barely supported staff. There are other companies that support their staff.

Run

There is absolutely no support from management, no communication, I would not recommend this to anyone looking for employment. I believe they are about to go under.

Rough, unpredictable work environment

Good start for experience. Although long hours, always understaffed, under supported, undervalued. The State frequents regularly because of all the complaints about company, environment, patient safety and patient rights. No clear, concise schedule in place for adolescent residents outside of school. Resident-run facility. Adolescents are free to curse you out, hit you, weak support of Supervisors

Pros

Help adolescents

Cons

Critically short staffed, volatile environment

Poorly run and toxic envoirment

Managers are as overwhelmed as the hands on staff and it's always stressful. Corporate managers cover their own backsides and will throw anyone under the bus if it suits them. Understaffed and the patients run the place. Staff are assaulted on a regular basis. Rarely was there any actual therapy that took place. I was warned by several former employees not to work there but I bought into the "we are changing the culture and have made big improvements" line they fed me during orientation. The culture is negative at best, toxic at times. They pay well though. Heed the warning they pay that much because otherwise they can't get people to work there.

2wks training...that teach you nothing

Management is horrible, turnover rate is high. Irrelevant training . Barely any coverage which is dangerous in this line of work ! They will move You from your floor without warning

Pros

Steady paycheck w/ benefits

Cons

Management, understaffed all the time !

Terrible Company

I have worked here almost 4 years. Management is TERRIBLE, the CNO is a joke and had no clue what goes on when actually on the hall, she undermines employees infront of residents. The pay is ridiculous and new hires get paid more than those who stick with the company. They do not value employees or the residents.

Pros

Some of the staff keep you going

Cons

Management, Cno, pay and zero raises and grossly understaffed

Absolutely the worst place ever

This facility is not only dangerous but the management is insane . They care for no one except themselves. The children and geriatrics are treated so poorly. They would be better off on the street. The chief operating officer needs a bed there. Employees are rude and do what ever they want . Very sick work environment. Others warned me and I didn’t listen please heed my warning.

Unsafe Environment, just terrible

Worst “hospital” I’ve ever seen. The facility is utterly disgusting and not maintained whatsoever. Floors are CARPET with mysterious stains that go untreated. Every single person is over-worked as there are no repercussions for coming into work late so you end up staying an hour past your shift. Like other reviewers said, you won’t get your break while others get an hour paid break to do as they please. You will end up working 13 hour shifts. Dangerous environment as you’re on the unit with 10 unstable, dangerous patients potentially all by yourself. You are expected to do everything on your own. Management is obsolete or incompetent. I was bullied my first day by coworkers! Management stood there and laughed. Worst company culture I have ever seen. The patients are terrible to work with and expect everything to be handed to them. Staff verbally abuse the patients. RUN AWAY

For-profit and fear based

Money driven culture where patients are admitted only for the money. Company will admit anyone who can pay. No real care because there is not enough staff to handle the complex population. No therapy, programming, groups or individualized attention. Its sad that the authorities allow this facility to stay open. Greed from the top, all their facilities run the same and are frequently under investigation. There's a reason!

Pros

They will pay you, if.....

Cons

unethical, no life balance, poor management