Strategic Financial Solutions Employee Reviews

Difficult and repetitive sales grind with little room for advancement
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
Possibility of good pay, as long as you produce at a high level consistently. Very repetitive work with long hours and little room for advancement or growth.
Great office perks
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Relaxed work environment, office had great perks like game room, massage room. Pay is not competitive for negotiators and no room for growth. People overall are friendly and managers and staff were nice.
Pros
Office Perks
Cons
No room for growth and low salar
Great culture and great place to grow
VP Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
This company has a unique culture that is filled with great people and a great work environment. Most importantly, they truly reward performance and invest in their people to help them learn and grow.
Pros
You will learn
Cons
You will work hard
Coworkers become family
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
Great people to work with. You get very close to the people you work with. They make the job interesting and fun. They slowly become your family. Met some amazing people.
Productive And Fun
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2018
Strategic is a great company to work for and I would happily recommend anyone to apply. There are MANY opportunities for growth professionally and I have grown personally through my experiences here as well. They make a great effort to not only make you feel as if we're all family but to also make the workplace enjoyable.
Pros
The people, the culture, strategic dreams, work events, incentives
Amazing culture, tons of opportunity to grow. Very focused on learning and improving
Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2018
Best workplace culture I've ever seen in my 18 year career. I can't remember having this much excitement about coming to work with great people and helping clients with their finances. The leadership team here is hyper focused on making work a fun, productive environment where people can build a profitable and enjoyable career. I can't say enough about how great this place is. Best place to work in Buffalo, no question!
Pros
Work envoronment, compensation, advancement opportunity
Cons
Cant think of any
Great Company with room for advancement
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
I've worked here a little over a year and a half and I love it. I was in sales and made a great salary.I knew I loved the product and the business. I have been here as an associate manager for 4 months and never been happier. They treat us like family. The culture and perks are great for someone like me who is really motivated and driven.
Pros
Matched Insurance, 50% matched 401k, free breakfast, happy hours
Cons
really tough on breaks and compliance
Fantastic Culture - Great Growing Company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
My time at Strategic financial has been some of the most enjoyable in my career. Strategic has a great culture where employees are appreciated for their work and encouraged to get to know one another and get involved. Its a growing company with great leaders and employees who are a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend strategic.
Pros
Good $$, hiring great people, happy hrs, . town halls, strategic dreams
Cons
none that I have experienced
A career with positive results!
Negotiations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
This company has been everything that I hoped for, awesome culture, great leadership, and easily obtainable goals! If you want to make a difference for people in over their head, this is the place to be. It really makes you feel good when you have a positive impact on someone’s life.
Pros
Workplace environment, leadership, hours, & pay rate
Cons
More food options
Job satisfaction
Negotiations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
I have worked for Strategic for a few months now and they make every effort to create a family environment & an enjoyable place to work. The management staff has a genuine concern for you as a person. I must say the culture is extremely unique and a breath of fresh air. As far as the job itself, if your a person who enjoys to challenge yourself and learn new things- you will succeed. It is not hard at all.
Pros
The culture, pay & the people

Want to know more about Strategic Financial Solutions?

Ask a question
A Great Company and a Refreshing Addition To Buffalo NY
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2018
I am beyond grateful to be working here at Strategic! This company is amazing and the culture and leadership team especially in Buffalo is wonderful! Management is honest and transparent and the company provides a fun and non stressful work environment. I love that the company appreciates me. I feel as though I am well compensated for my job and I love that we have fun team building experiences in addition to having fun while at work.
Pros
Culture, Leadership, Management, Incentives, Benefits
Sometimes change is ok
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2018
So I made the move from collections and I'm not sure if I made the right choice; however, I'll stick it out for a bit until something better comes along. People are good but I feel management shows favoritism with who they treat better. Consistency is a challenge and having a wannabe politician as my leader is funny yet ironic (all talk and minimal work effort everyday). Was really hoping Strategic was gonna bring something different to the area but it's still a form of collections, now I just call the collections agencies instead of customers. We'll see, fingers crossed.
Pros
good hourly
Cons
management could improve
New to Buffalo, too much hype
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2018
It’s collections 2.0 but without the high bonus opportunity. Management is a joke and just a couple of recycled supervisors from a local collection agency. You’re promised one thing bet told another after you’re hired. This company is new to Buffalo and not worth the jump if you’re considering a career change for the “too good to be true” atmosphere. Only a couple months in and they can’t keep people from leaving. Plenty of other places to get better management and better culture!
Pros
Hourly is decent
Cons
Flighty management
Not a "great" company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2018
This company is in the business of making money of people who are in over their head in debt. It's your job to get more money out of them so you can "help." Making 200k as they say is just not possible.
Decent culture though with the happy hrs. etc.
Pros
Happy Hours
Cons
Not a "great" company
Great Experience for College Grads
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
I love it here. I get to hang out with people I really like and I learn skills applicable to my future. Great environment that lets me be relatively stressed free and I feel supported in my role.
Pros
happy hours, catered breakfast
Cons
really tough on breaks and clocking in and out
Great Place to Work and Grow
Litigation Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Great company with lots of upside to grow and prosper. Lots of internal promotions. Great people with great attitudes. Awesome reward program. Lots of communication with management to help with ones development.
Pros
Great Attitude Great People
Great company
Logistics Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Even though I was only there for 3 months I truly miss this place. I worked in client services and thought management was great and the CSR's were great as well. I left SFS for personal reasons but very happy to see how well this company is still doing - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.
Pros
Happy hour - office events - location being in NYC
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
Great Place for advancement!
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day at work will vary based on the department you are in. My hard work has truly paid off here and I have been able to rise through the ranks because of it. The managers I have been under have allowed me to flex all of the skills I have learned through my time here, and apply them to new endeavours within the company. I would say the hardest part of this is the work/life balance.The Most enjoyable part of the job is all of the people I have met and the free happy hours.
Pros
Great place for advancement
Cons
Slow Elevators
Great place to work at - lots of advancement possible
Client Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I have been at Strategic for a little over 18 months and I have nothing but good things to say about the job. The management is very receptive to feedback. They are always giving us happy hours, free food, lunches etc. They truly care about you here which isn't always typical. This was my first job out of college and I have already been promoted multiple times. If you work hard - there is definitely room for growth...especially with how fast the company is growing.
Pros
Free food, happy hours, gift cards, bonuses
Cons
Slow elevators
Great group of people
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
This is a place where you're guaranteed to be surrounded by motivated people, but don't expect any work life balance. Hours are 10am to 8pm, management encourages you to stay later, and the office is open on saturdays too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Financial Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Strategic Financial Solutions Reviews by Location