Play YouTube video button

Strategic Financial Solutions Employee Reviews

United States206 reviews
Featured review
Strategic Financial Solutions selected this as a representative review
Exceptional work experience! There is always someone that I can go to if I need anything at all and coworkers are dedicated to helping new hires succeed. The work day is a grind and I am always busy, never bored. A lot of focus is required. Organization and time management is crucial to your success here. The people here truly care about your future and will even go out of their way to make sure we all do well.
Pros
Growth, Opportunity, Compensation, Culture
Official response from Strategic Financial Solutions
February 19, 2020
Thank you for the Amazing review! We are definitely never bored because the days fly by when you are happy, having fun, and helping to improve people's life.
All they care about is the workers hitting their goal. The training is awful. Do not waste your time. Its not worth it. The culture is by far the only good thing everything else is just awful.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible training
My time at Strat began with an on boarding process that was all but uninvolved and then when I struggled to keep up due to being the only specialist to support the office aside from management, I was placed on a PIP (which is normally reserved for employees who have prior discussions about performance). While effective, I found this tactic to be extreme. From then forward I found management to be unapproachable and always had a sense of fear in the back of my mind about even the most minor slip up. The culture was good. The people I found were all generally friendly though I found that there were some high school clique-esq behaviors I didn't believe belonged in a professional environment. Everyone seemed generally happy to work with me and the company granted me a life changing gift that I will always be thankful for. That being said, I feel as if there were major MAJOR slip ups in communication that affected my team in a way that left a sour taste in my mouth and had me searching for other opportunities. From communicating issues and deadlines that we as a team needed to meet to general communication regarding weekly feedback on performance, management left a lot to be desired. The company did make great strides in ensuring people could remain employed during the COVID pandemic only to find out that HR was for lack of a better term "cleaning house" in the guise of "protecting those who wanted to be here and not those who don't" not taking into account those who may be struggling mentally with the world almost literally crumbling around them.
Fun and energetic culture, Mission driven and value driven company, management is engaging and helpful. Benefits and salary are good. Family oriented company
Genuinely feel appreciated and valued. Company does a good job in making me feel valued and an important member of the team. Management does a good job in communicating with employees and ensures we understand the direction of the company.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Working at Strategic has always been an amazing journey. Personally and professionally.

Its a fun place and has some talented people around to work with
Use your best judgement, everyone’s view is different.
....................

Some managers are amazing and value their employees others need work......... done
Pros
Wfh
Cons
Upward mobility
Numerous times I was mislead during an interview process about a companies culture but SFS lives up to it all and MORE! As an employee owned company, we are all about work hard, play hard. There are constant contests, spiffs, recognition, advancement opportunities and more that are available. I couldn't be happier to have found a place that I love working at.
Pros
Game rooms, free breakfast and lunches occasionally, contests, employee owned, recognition, stellar leadership
There truly is no place on earth like Strategic. I have had a few "careers" in my lifetime, and not ONE holds a candle to the level of engagement, flexibility and authenticity Strategic always brings to the table. You truly feel like you are a part of a tight knit family. Everyone has equal opportunity, which makes working hard and rising above your best easy to do. Hard work is always recognized and celebrated. From upper management to entry level, everything is truly an all hands on deck experience. We celebrate wins, discuss how to overcome opportunities, and everything we do is met with 100% transparency. Culture wise, its very clear when you walk in that it is a fun environment, and that all employees promote our core values happily. Between health benefits, hourly compensation, bonus, contests, prizes, etc-there is never a moment where an opportunity to raise the bar and have some fun isn't present. Strategic has truly changed my life, and I know I am not alone in that sentiment!
The reason why I love working at strategic financial solutions is because I am always learning something new. This is what helps me to do my job more effectively. I love helping people because I do understand their hardship and what they are going through. And I wish I could take the pain away. But overall, I love working with the company because we help each other. Let me say it again--we help each other. And we are like family. The workplace culture is wonderful, it moves you in the right direction to want to grow and do more for the company and it motivates you to want to learn new things and establish a good relationship with not only your colleagues. But also with your managers. The managers give you that push you need and assistance you need to do well. And I love and appreciate that so much. I say thank you .
Helping clients every day with the burden of debt. It's an amazing feeling being able to help client's, and give them the light at the end of their dark tunnel.
This company prays on innocent consumers who are in medical financial hardships and other tough financial spots. The consumers are baited in with a loan offer and then are never approved for the loan and are guilted into debt consolidation. 85% of the time the clients are sued by the credit card companies receive Garnishments and are unable to pay bills or put food on the table. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!
Management is absolutely useless. There is almost no support and no job security. Your job is entirely based on whether your clients agree to your settlements and they rarely do. They were often lied to by the sales department and it only makes them worse to deal with. Do not work here unless you're ok with lying to people in debt. Company culture is fun but its definitely not for everyone.
This job was terrible, management was awful..please IF you MUST work here...make it a fast arrival and an even FASTER Departure...I'm so serious...do NOT stay there...that's my warning to you, whoever reads this review..take care
Do not work here! People run in cliques here and if you’ve been there for longer the higher ups will back you no matter what. Management there is very weird and fake. As in, during training I liked everyone because their true colors weren’t out yet. But this one manager would mock my voice trying to be funny. Then she said that I went over her cause I asked another person the same question. I asked because at that company everyone has their own ways of doing things. For some reason she confronted me and got mad about it. Then they place smells like weed. The environment is not good there. You will be stressed. You’re selling fake stories to customers. Idk like you can’t have a heart or else this job will stress you out. Then as a customer service representative you only get paid 17.50. But we were required to do so much work. It wasn’t worth it.
You work from 10 am-8 pm at night Monday through Friday. If you commute add at least 2 hours onto that time. Only real-time to do anything is on weekends. Other than that the company culture was great.
Pros
Happy Hours, Good pay, A lot of extra activities
Cons
Work/life balance, leads are variable from day to day
I've been at Strategic since I graduated college almost 2 years ago, I have had the ability to work in two separate departments since coming to Strat starting in the Negotiations department and transitioning to a Financial Consultant. I had wonderful experiences in both departments and look forward to continuing my career with Strategic.
This company really makes you feel at home. I love how it feels like we're all one big family. They continuously show appreciation to all of their employees and make sure that everyone is good. The workplace culture is amazing and it helps keep everyone motivated and making sure that we're enjoying ourselves while helping others.
Pros
Very giving: lunches, happy hours, cupcake Tuesday, holiday parties, etc.
Cons
Long hours.
Not your typically boring office. There is always something going on to keep things exciting. I look forward to coming to work, and getting work done. Really great pay. Perfect for people getting back on their feet.
Great place to work!! Amazing atmosphere and work culture. Good management that is always helpful with NO micro management. Flexible schedule with great earning potential. Highly suggest this career!
Good company, cares about its employees. Fun things to do on breaks, ping pong, pool. I work in sales, if you work hard you can make good money. Managers are great.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Financial Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.