Strategic Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Hardest part was not having a location in Rochester. Overall everyone is nice and easy to contact. I would recommend setting up a direct deposit as checks in the mail can get delayed
Short contract
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Good Company potential growth. what I know about the company it was good to work for. The Supervisor was knowledgeable about the day to day operations.
Great opportunity
BACKGROUND CHECK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Organization allowed for great learning opportunities and loved my work environment. The networking and collaborative work was impressive. Able to work with like minded individuals
Great Company
Senior Family Readiness Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 4, 2019
ideal for individuals looking for an entry level, retired or transition position. The atmosphere was positive and they truly cared about their employees.
Love the job, hate the company
Military and Family Life Counselor (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 18, 2018
This company clearly does not know how to manage the MFLC program. We were not treated as professionals nor paid what we were worth. I took a significant pay decrease when this contract came about. I stayed for the love of the program but the love for the program was well outweighed by the lies of the company. False promise after false promise by SRI led to my resignation. SRI expected after hours work even though they made it clear you can only work 40 hours. So needless to say, all the time doing the admin stuff was unpaid. The contacts needed daily were unrealistic and am unsure how they are billing for them. I moved on to a place where I am treated well, compensated fairly and can have advancement.
Pros
Working with the military; paid holidays
Cons
Low pay, inconsistency in information from management, no 401k matching
Nice place to work for.
Family Assistance Center Specialist, CTR (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDDecember 17, 2018
I have a very nice employee manual that is of great benefit and the human resource department replies in a prompt manner to all inquires big or small.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 7, 2018
Its a great company to work. Even the colleagues are understanding and helping by nature. Have learnt a lot from this company and improved my skill sets. Made me more independent employee with more responsibilities.
Very untimely and late paying vacation pay
Background Check Administration (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GANovember 6, 2018
I worked for SRI as a BCA in Fort Stewart. My last day was September 17, 2018. I was told I will receive my vacation pay within a couple weeks. It’s been almost 2 months and I haven’t received my vacation pay. Everytime I call management they are either busy or don’t return my phone callls or emails. Others that ended their employment after me have received their vacation pay. The lady that process the payments told me that when new papers come in they set them on top of older ones meaning the older documents on their desk never gets process. I worked 2 years for them and get treated like this. I’m beyond frustrated.
Cons
Horrible HR and Mangement
Very good job (government contract)
Telephone Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Detrict, MDOctober 9, 2018
Good pay and friendly conditions.
Management does great job.
Dealing with are customers and making the job easier through communications requirements.
Terrible management/hiring process
Military Family Life Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2018
SRI is poorly managed and very disorganized. The hiring/ vetting took much longer than I was told causing a delayed start without pay. The management has very little understanding of social work and/or licensing which caused major problems. Questions went unanswered and supervisors are remote and unavailable. This is a contract position and you can be let go without notice and with good cause, which is what happened to me. This company failed to check my licesing during their three week vetting process and I was told soon after I finally sarted this position that my licesnse was insufficient. This was only discovered after I requested direct supervision as there is absolutely no direction. I was left in the wind and unemployed without as much as an apology for their huge oversight. They also faulted me for applying for a job I was apparently not qualified for, although all of my licensing info was provided to them when I applied and was accurate. Very poor standards of practice for a government contractor. Be very cautious of this company, they do not have your best interest!
Pros
Great pay for my area
Cons
Terrible management, at will employer
Quick paced environment
Liaison Support Coordinator Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAOctober 1, 2018
When the company took over the contract, it reduced everyone's pay. Management changed twice. The ability for advancement within the company was difficult due to the contract. Did not feel that being so far away from the headquarters, we were kind of forgotten.
Pros
Personnel I worked with and the assisting Soldiers
Cons
NO pay raises
Awesome employer
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 24, 2018
One of the Best jobs i ever had was working for SRI. The company is great no complaints from me. I worked with the best team at Fort Hood, TX. It was awesome working for them and supporting our troops.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
n/a
Productive and good workplace
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 22, 2018
Productive and good workplace. Management was strict and everyone finished their assigned tasks on time. One hour lunch was required by all the employees
growing company
Senior Logistics Planner/ Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 21, 2018
This company is growing faster but they dont have the required structure for the growth and create more issues for the employees, lack of comunication between different levels.
Pros
flexibility, job autonomy
benefits
Avoid this company like the plague
BCA (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 19, 2018
Where to begin? Minimal salary. You want health insurance, you're going to fork over 50% of your gross income. PTO? Yea, you can kiss that as non-existent for the first year. You need time off, it's LWOP. After 1 year, they generously fork over 5 whole days.

Buffoons doesn't even begin to describe management. They are remote, disconnected and could care less about any issues you bring to their attention. They do however, conduct what some of us referred to as the "3M. The daily "Morning, Micromanagement Meeting." EVERY DAY. One would think they're dealing with idiots by reminding everyone to do their time card, don't leave the office unattended and make sure you ask somebody's permission to go to the bathroom. Then again, listening to other sites on the phone, maybe they were.

This company has one focus and one focus only. Put a warm body in the chair. Co-worker incompetence not withstanding. They don't get paid on their contract, otherwise.

Fortunately for me, it was a post retirement gig, easy commute, I enjoyed working with the military civilians and kept busy by supporting them.

There are dozens, nay, hundreds of other companies out there, offering a better working culture, environment and benefits. Avoid SRI like the plague.
Pros
Cons
See above review
Salaried Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  JBLM, WaAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for Strategic Resources, INC. As a salaried manager I was treated with respect from the Senior management team (when I was there). I really did not want to leave, but I was moving out of state and onto a new opportunity.
Pros
Profeesional work environment without the nonsense
Cons
I was on a governement contract, those can change.
Temporary
Sexual Harassment Instructor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 27, 2018
Had the opportunity to travel and teach an important subject, taught Military Leadership about the Army's regulation on sexual harassment. I thought the students were receiving important information and wish the program would have lasted longer than it did.
Pros
good pay for 2 weeks of training
Cons
Not enough instructors
Great leadership and staff
Program Manager / PMO (Former Employee) –  Parlin, NJJune 25, 2018
Flexible hrs. and responsive staff makes it great place to work. Great technical management, surprisingly great ITSM CoE and PMO organization enables the staff to be productive. Good long term employment option.
Contract work
Home health care specialist (level i, ii, iii) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 16, 2018
understanding management
not enough families in need
connected with clients on a daily basis
encouraged more clients to get in contact with providers that needed more hours
Good experience
Background Check Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX 76544March 27, 2018
Every location is different. I worked from 0800- 1700 with 1 hour lunch break. The position is mostly data entry. Overall my experience with the company is good. When I first arrived here the training was not developed. I was told to read the SOP which was not all inclusive. I was trained by another coworker who was trained by a previous coworker. After being here for a year, the training is now becoming more standardized by higher, however, the requirements change on a regular basis.
Pros
Supervisor is very flexible with schedule for medical or personal appointments
Cons
Approving authority will not adjust personal work hours for individuals with disabilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.