Strategic Retail Solutions (SRS) Employee Reviews

Do not waste your time.
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 19, 2018
What a waste of time!!!!
This is the worst Company I have ever worked for.
Stay clear of this outfit. They make false promises.
There is no training.
You have to route yourself.
No cell phone reimbursement even though you use your own phone with their app.
They never pay correctly or timely.
When you have issues at store level they never answer their phones.

The Management sits at home managing you through their computer.

No commissons for upselling accounts.
Pros
Cons
Everything they stand for
Be careful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 8, 2018
Be careful working with this company in the Indiana area. SRS only pays 11.00 per hour and doesn’t reimburse for gas or mileage. And, communication is required here. But, you don’t get paid for answering phone calls, answering texts, or responding to emails. Sometimes you will have 3 different people contacting you about a project. You don’t get paid for assigning projects on their website and you don’t get anything for using your own tablet or smart phone. SRS doesn’t take out taxes so you will owe that money when taxes are due. They do have continuity projects, but the main continuity projects are once every two weeks, once per month, or once every six weeks. So, if you want to make some money then you got to drive to several different places all over the state to do so. Once you have continuity projects, you aren’t guaranteed those projects every time they are available especially if you take time off or take a vacation. The projects will get assigned to someone else and you will lose the money. If you ask about anything, no one ever has an answer to anything. For example, if someone doesn’t assign you your continuity project location and you ask about it, you won’t get an answer about it. So, just be careful with this company. There are plenty of merchandising companies out there that pay 1.00 or 2.00 more per hour. The trick is to find the company that cares about their employees. SRS is not that company.
Poor company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southern caJuly 24, 2018
They told me they paid a flat fee of $10 for a 15 minute job or $20 for a flat fee for a longer job What they do not tell you when they send you out on a job is which flat fee they will pay for the job I did a job it took two hours they paid me $10 and when I called them out on this saying this was not a 15min job they said I should called. They lied and cheated me out money paying me $5 dollars per hour. It did not even cover the gas They are dishonest people. Yes they do lie and con
Pros
Cons
They cheat you they are dishonest and lie to you
Na
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 5, 2018
It is a great company to work for no complaints they work my schedule meaning they are flexible and it allows me me to have a PT job at the same time.
Worst Merchandising Job Ever, Poor Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 23, 2018
This has got to be the worst company I have ever worked for. It is very poorly managed. I was never really sure who my supervisor was suppose to be. Less than 2 hours of work a week. Directions for projects were never very clear. Was told to go to a store and take photo of display.....well which display?? You have to pay your own taxes on what little bit you make because you are an "independent contractor". This can be expensive when the Self-Employment tax is $125 plus a portion of your pay. Then........they do not pay any Drive Time to go to the stores. It is all on you! Gas ain't cheap! They claim to pay $11 an hour but some projects only take minutes so you really don't even make enough to cover the cost of your gas and time to drive to the store.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Low Pay
Do not waste your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 19, 2018
They lie from the start. They say they need you in a certain city then they have you go to two different states. It's a scam. There are better companies to work for. If you settle for less that's what you will get.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Very low pay and incompetent supervisors
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORJune 6, 2018
This 'company' doesn't give you many hours - less than 1 hour per week. The hourly wage you get is low and 'managers' are often slow to respond or completely unavailable. When they do respond to your requests, what they say often doesn't make sense. More pay for it's employees and more education and training for it's so called 'managers' is intensely needed :)
Pros
A cure for boredom
Cons
Extremely low pay
Everything account is top priority
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2018
Every account is top priority. Everybody wants to have their job done in the first half of any given cycle. If you say you think it is too harsh, they threaten to replace you. Part time work, part time pay, full time stress. Do NOT take anything for an account called Zonnic. It’s a joke. You will run all over the place and make pennies.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Stress
Great Side Job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 28, 2017
The is a great side job for a little extra money. You receive jobs via ap through your phone to accept or deny. It is wise to stay within your area of residence because they do not pay for mileage. They have a set time limit for the job but you can set your own day and time within the dates required. Doesnt require much training. If you know how to use the ap and have reliable transportation and have basic knowlege of merchandising its a pretty good side job.
Pros
Choose your date and time
Cons
no mileage re-embursement
Worst merchandising company I've worked for in 15 years.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 10, 2017
Avoid this company. Objectives change during middle of work window. If job was completed you are expected to go back and redo it or won't get paid. Happened to me several times and last time I just quit. Pictures are required for all projects. If not perfect you must go back and re-take or won't get paid. Love finding ways not to pay their merchandisers
Pros
Cons
too many to list. I've worked for many companies over the last 15 years. Avoid this one
I enjoyed working with SRS and my supervisor.
Retail Merchandiser Part Time (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
I enjoy the freedom of the work schedule and independence of self motivation. I like clean and orderly. Hardest: controlling admin time for reports.
Very Flexible, Great Part-Time or Extra Cash
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2013
Great opportunities when available. Projects are easy and fun if you enjoy merchandising and traveling. The supervisors are super nice.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
would like more assignments, far travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Retail Solutions (SRS). Our community is ready to answer.

2.3