Strategic Retail Solutions (SRS) Employee Reviews

Unorganized
National Special Projects Recruiter & Hiring Mgr (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2019
Poor Communication
Senior Management unqualified
Unreliable
Unprofessional
This company expects blood, sweat, and your soul; yet 9/10 managers lack integrity, honesty, & empathy.
This company also thinks they are above federal labor laws, and hires nothing but independent contractors for field work, and gives management new hires a choice between 1099 & w2 employment.
Management Style can be described with one word: Criminal
Pros
Remote
Cons
Everything else
Incredibly disorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 26, 2019
I have done merchandising before, independently as a third party vendor. SRS does not work the way a merchandising company should. They are completely disorganized and haphazard in their management.

They say they pay $11/hour or per assignment, but the actual pay will be lower. They will tell you when recruiting you that, as an Independent Contractor, you can feel free to assign yourself to certain jobs and feel free to turn others down. They will dock your performance rating for this. They will say an assignment will take X amount of time. It will take much longer than described.

The stores they send you into will look as though they have not been serviced in forever. You are sent in to refill certain displays, yet those displays have been removed from (or maybe never even installed in) those stores. Your rating will be docked if you are unable to complete a task because of this.

Some displays will be sent to your home. You will then take these materials to the store to build said displays and then planogram them. You will be told that a Letter of Authorization will come with these materials, letting the store personnel know why you are there. The Letter will not be included in your materials. Neither will the directions, the planogram, or anything else. You will then need to reach out to one of your managers and let them know that the materials are missing. At which time, you will receive some in an email for you to print. Some will still be missing. You will have to request those as well. This will likely cause you to have to reschedule your visit, possibly earning
  more... you a hit to your reliability score.

You will spend a lot of unpaid time tracking down materials that should've been included in your box. You will then spend time and money printing said materials.

After all that time and money, you will go to the store, do the best you can, take your photos, even call your manager to clarify, "What should I do now that the displays are gone?" only never to have that call answered. You will spend twice as long in the store as your assignment estimated, due to slow customer service, non-answering managers, missing displays, etc.

You will notice that your directions don't even match the worksheet that you need to answer online.

Even after all of this, they will give you a mediocre rating on their website. Maybe to motivate you to accept another crummy assignment in hopes of appeasing whoever scored you poorly?

Run, don't walk, away from this "opportunity." I didn't heed the bad reviews and I regret it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay, dealing with disorganization
Salary sucks
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 23, 2019
They say you are hired at $11.00 an hour. Then you start getting jobs that pay only $10.00 an hour which is way less then minimum wage for parts of Maryland. The give you projects and then take them away. They use you when they want you to cover there butts.
Pros
Self schedule
Cons
Salary. Salary. Salary
Awful management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OpenNovember 9, 2018
This employer will have you work without pay through answering emails, phone s, texts. You will have multiple people messaging you and you will spend your time, it can be a considerable amount of time, unpaid. They do not pay travel time mileage. The areas are a distance apart so you will spend your money In gas. This is not what I would call a reputable company. There are defiant better opportunities available elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
No travel pay, lack of communication, over worked without pay, zero benefits
Drove to 2 locations to stock product and their WAS NO PRODUCT
RETAILER (Former Employee) –  MARYLANDOctober 16, 2018
I drove 100+ miles round trip in Maryland to a grocery store and did not get reimbursed for mileage and the store that needed to be stocked with new product had already done it themselves ....the week before i was even hired cause they needed to get it sold.

They had me go to 2 different stores for work with no product and then decided not to pay me cause i didnt stay onsite.

Why would i stay on site when the customer didnt have any product for me to stock.

RIDICULOUS!!!!
Great Company
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2018
I like this Marketing company. The best one I have worked with. The job website is easy to operate.The only company that I have worked with that you can access and use their website. The pay is manageable could be more. The jobs are all in the area.You can choose what jobs to take. Great trainers also
Pros
Local Jobs, good pay
Cons
long hours with few breaks
Would not recommend this company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 10, 2018
Little or no communication between management and reps in the field. Sometimes emails were not answered. Would not recommend this to anyone looking for a rewarding job. I was very disappointed with this company.
Pros
Can work at your own pace.
Cons
Managers do not know how to manage people
lack of salary
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  coloradoSeptember 30, 2018
work assignments are great. no benefits or travel expense given when jobs are long distance. for what you are paid gas is half your pay and 1/4 th is taxes. part time or full time no income, work for free.
Pros
great assignments
Cons
lack of salary for travel. no benefits
Do not waste your time.
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 19, 2018
What a waste of time!!!!
This is the worst Company I have ever worked for.
Stay clear of this outfit. They make false promises.
There is no training.
You have to route yourself.
No cell phone reimbursement even though you use your own phone with their app.
They never pay correctly or timely.
When you have issues at store level they never answer their phones.

The Management sits at home managing you through their computer.

No commissons for upselling accounts.
Pros
Cons
Everything they stand for
ok for someone looking for part time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 21, 2018
low pay, never had face to face with mgr., no benefits. most jobs where out of my area. mainly communicated by email. did not pat drive time or mileage.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no full time jobs
Be careful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 8, 2018
Be careful working with this company in the Indiana area. SRS only pays 11.00 per hour and doesn’t reimburse for gas or mileage. And, communication is required here. But, you don’t get paid for answering phone calls, answering texts, or responding to emails. Sometimes you will have 3 different people contacting you about a project. You don’t get paid for assigning projects on their website and you don’t get anything for using your own tablet or smart phone. SRS doesn’t take out taxes so you will owe that money when taxes are due. They do have continuity projects, but the main continuity projects are once every two weeks, once per month, or once every six weeks. So, if you want to make some money then you got to drive to several different places all over the state to do so. Once you have continuity projects, you aren’t guaranteed those projects every time they are available especially if you take time off or take a vacation. The projects will get assigned to someone else and you will lose the money. If you ask about anything, no one ever has an answer to anything. For example, if someone doesn’t assign you your continuity project location and you ask about it, you won’t get an answer about it. So, just be careful with this company. There are plenty of merchandising companies out there that pay 1.00 or 2.00 more per hour. The trick is to find the company that cares about their employees. SRS is not that company.
Poor company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southern caJuly 24, 2018
They told me they paid a flat fee of $10 for a 15 minute job or $20 for a flat fee for a longer job What they do not tell you when they send you out on a job is which flat fee they will pay for the job I did a job it took two hours they paid me $10 and when I called them out on this saying this was not a 15min job they said I should called. They lied and cheated me out money paying me $5 dollars per hour. It did not even cover the gas They are dishonest people. Yes they do lie and con
Pros
Cons
They cheat you they are dishonest and lie to you
Na
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 5, 2018
It is a great company to work for no complaints they work my schedule meaning they are flexible and it allows me me to have a PT job at the same time.
SRS does not care about it's employees
System Administrator/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  HomeJuly 5, 2018
No future with this company. They only care about their profits and will not compensate their workers according to their hard work and successful endeavors.
A great job, if you don't mind travelling
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2018
Typically its a great job, if you don't mind driving and Travelling, our job description required a two to three man team, who would take up contracts from contractors of retail business, reason i had to leave was because of a new college semester beginning.
Pros
good pay, per diem
Cons
travel expenses, late hrs
Worst Merchandising Job Ever, Poor Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 23, 2018
This has got to be the worst company I have ever worked for. It is very poorly managed. I was never really sure who my supervisor was suppose to be. Less than 2 hours of work a week. Directions for projects were never very clear. Was told to go to a store and take photo of display.....well which display?? You have to pay your own taxes on what little bit you make because you are an "independent contractor". This can be expensive when the Self-Employment tax is $125 plus a portion of your pay. Then........they do not pay any Drive Time to go to the stores. It is all on you! Gas ain't cheap! They claim to pay $11 an hour but some projects only take minutes so you really don't even make enough to cover the cost of your gas and time to drive to the store.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Low Pay
Do not waste your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 19, 2018
They lie from the start. They say they need you in a certain city then they have you go to two different states. It's a scam. There are better companies to work for. If you settle for less that's what you will get.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Very low pay and incompetent supervisors
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORJune 6, 2018
This 'company' doesn't give you many hours - less than 1 hour per week. The hourly wage you get is low and 'managers' are often slow to respond or completely unavailable. When they do respond to your requests, what they say often doesn't make sense. More pay for it's employees and more education and training for it's so called 'managers' is intensely needed :)
Pros
A cure for boredom
Cons
Extremely low pay
Not bad
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Multiple citiesMay 13, 2018
Management feels a little lacking at times, but the work is fun. There are very few hours/projects with this company, at least in my area. There's usually only a project or two every few months.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun work, relaxed
Cons
Management, unreliability, few hours
Great for making some extra money
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 3, 2018
I have worked for SRS for a little over a year now as a Merchandiser. This is a work on your own/work from home type of job. You are not told what exact hours you have to work, but there are deadlines that do have to be met. Its Monday thru Friday only and usually 8am to 5pm with no weekends. You are either paid a flat rate for the project you are servicing or you are paid by the hour for a certain number of hours. I have personally serviced suppliers at Lowe's, Tractor Supply, Walmart, Home Depot and Office Depot, etc. Ive seen a few others too. I go to Lowe's just about every other week. I go to Walmart about 4 times a year for a certain supplier. Tractor supply about every quarter or so. The supplier determines how often you service their products. You have to have transportation and at least a smart phone. They do ask you to print out things sometimes as well. You submit a survey w/photos after the servicing is done.

You are not normally paid for travel, but sometimes they will pay if it is way out of your area and they really need that product serviced. They dont normally pay for printing POG's, but there are times that they do. I print one out and keep it until it changes, which is usually six months to a year. Pay is every two weeks and goes directly to a debit card that I was set up with. I have had no issues so far with pay or not getting it on time.

So far the only set back is that our DM's keep changing. Ive been through at least three DM's with a new one coming in soon. The only set back is that each DM does things their own way. For example, my first DM would
  more... post the available jobs on the dashboard for our entire state. You were responsible for logging into the dashboard and choosing the locations you wanted to service. So it was basically who ever got to the dashboard and made their selections got that location. I never really had any issues in getting what I wanted. At first I only had one or two locations to service and it has grown since then. The last two DM's Ive had would work with us and if we had specific locations we wanted to be assigned to, they would assign it and only those locations appear on our dashboard. That way no one else could take them. If locations appeared that we didnt request, it was because there was no one to service that location and it was open to anyone. So the downside to getting a new DM is they dont know how the prev DM was doing things. I sometimes have to contact the new DM when I get their Introduction email and let them know my locations. Sometimes in their email it states thats the way they do it or request us to email back w/our preferred locations.

Over all I enjoy working for SRS. I do wish it paid more and paid mileage each time you service a client. Since this is just a part time extra money gig for me, I will be giving it up in the next year or so probably as I have other projects in mind.
Pros
Extra spending money/Great communication
Cons
Only Part time, no benefits, work is sparingly and pay is ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Retail Solutions (SRS). Our community is ready to answer.

2.7