Strategic Security Employee Reviews

Stay away from this company
Security office II Armed (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJuly 22, 2018
I work hurricane relief in Florida last yr for this company . I will never do that again. The only time it worked out for me was when the relive center was in my county. You will not get Per Diem,travel pay or pay for room or you will never get overtime.If you travel out side your area all expenses are on the individual. The only time its worth it is when relive center is in the area you live, If not stay away from this company. There's a few good things about this company. They do pay on time every week the pay is good but the cons will out weight the pros.
Pros
working in area you live, good pay and always got paid
Cons
everything else
terrible
Security guard/leader (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIJune 21, 2018
managers were rude didn't know how to communicate properly low pay no paid days off or sick days -vacations I worked in a bank with no gun so that job wasn't safe
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
standing for 7 hours
Government disaster relief work
Secuirty Officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 16, 2018
Even though the 12 hour shifts were set by the client, "Government". The days were not clogged with non security related busy work. You have one task and one task only, SECURITY. While it is hard for some folks to focus for that length of time. Management had no problems in working with people to ensure they were the best fit for the post they were assigned to. The company also took very aggressive action to ensure all employees maintained standards. If there was a sub par employee that was not adhering to policy and post orders. The management team would speak with the officer, provide specific verbal direction on how to correct their deficiency. And if need be, replace the officer with a competent replacement. Also I have never seen a project manager working midnight's at a site to ensure the rank and file officer has that direct one on one contact with their boss. This job is not for everyone. It takes a dedicated person to work a 12 hour shift with little or no direct supervision. But if you are a professional that can work independently from supervision. Then this might be the company for you.
Pros
Good pay based on prevailing wage.
Cons
Client sets most of the parameters. Very little deveation.
Contract worker
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMarch 5, 2018
No benefits, 36 hour weeks, 12 hour shifts lousy security shirts, no uniforms provided, no duty equipment provided, no lunch breaks, no inclement weather gear, no post radios
Pros
rotating posts
Cons
no breaks
Good Working environment
Security Guard - Rite Aid (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2017
Job was a good security position for Rite Aid all around Philadelphia but their main company was in New York and they drop employee without telling them what happened
Great Place to work
NON COMMISIONED OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Tornillo, TXSeptember 22, 2017
This place was perfect for me liked how it was 3 days on 4 days off.
very disappointed about the lack of information that would be kept from us. Unfortunately they didn't give us a heads up on closing down the site.
Pros
home and work balance was amazing
Cons
not telling us in advance that they were going to shut down the site.
Excellent Company
Security Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 4, 2017
Excellent company to work for. They really bend over backwards for their employees. They provide Steady Hours and Days and are always around to answer questions.
poorly ran
Supervisor of Security (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 24, 2017
I was a supervisor of the st.James site. I had 15 people under me, anytime one called off, i had to cover, no matter if i already worked a double shift.
Pros
there were none
Cons
lack of management
Productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 4, 2017
Attention to detail work. Team work and cooperation of fellow crew members. Steady hours and reliable work schedule. Official guidelines to follow incase of mishaps or any other dangers.
hate it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 17, 2017
The pay is not that great. People while tell other riders something about you just so they can be there regular. I really did not have a good time there

Want to know more about Strategic Security?

Ask a question
Life as a rookie.
Unpaid Internship (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 28, 2016
A wonderful place to grow, learn, and develop a network of people who will stand beside you, though each can on their own.

Maybe my view is different as an intern; however, my experience was that as a place I went to learn, I couldn't have asked for better.
Pros
Understanding, hardworking, good learning resources in easy reach and more frequently being developed and reviewed.
Dont respect you as a person
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIJuly 24, 2016
This company don't care about you and your family. They hire anyone don't know about security at all. They love the ones that can not speak up for themselves.
Pros
just do your job
Cons
just do your job
Great group of People in up and coming business.
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2016
This company is going places. They are establishing themselves as a market leader in their region. The people are the reason this is working. Building strong customer focused practices.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Salary and benefits are not as high they could be.
Rite Aide Pharmacy
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Not a very professional environment or company they constantly told us the hours were dropping and there will be no work.
even though we got hire for full time positions
Safe work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 28, 2015
To observe all activity in and around the Pepsi facility and to make sure everything was in place and secure. The hardest part of the job was probably securing all areas in a small window of time.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
too many stations to check.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2013
Great supervisors good job opportunities to advance , advance training great experience to add to resume
Pros
mobile
Cons
not enough pay
Great work culture and management.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 4, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a great staff. The team work was amazing.
Pros
free lunches, good work/life balance.
Cons
no room for growth or advancement.
a good learning experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 25, 2012
this job is mainly to get your feet wet in the security business. they teach you about teamwork and how to function as a unit. and doing special events is extremely fun.
Pros
doing special events in free lunch
Cons
to go not that much advancement, can do you usually start off on call