Strategies To Empower People
View all Strategies To Empower People reviews

Strategies To Empower People

Strategies To Empower People Employee Review

Strategies To Empower People Direct Support Professional Review - It’s a very high demanding and stressful job!

It’s a very demanding and stressful job. The first day on site I was left alone with 3 female clients with high behaviors. I had no training and no clue how to de-escalate the situation when I was being attacked. I wish they would have LET ME KNOW about the behaviors and clients history. Not just the task I had to preform. Oh it would’ve been nice if I wasn’t left alone the first day either. I stayed for over 6 months and you’re constantly being asked for more and more. The pay is okay but trust me... you’ll be burnt out QUICK!

Pros

Ok pay, night shift is chill *depends on client*

Cons

No breaks, No support or proper training

Same role

Flexible, Rewarding and Meaningful Job

I wish that I could give 4 3/4 starts because there is very little I haven’t liked about working for STEP. I’ve really enjoyed working for STEP. It is undeniably challenging, as any job in this field is going to be, but it keeps you on your toes and no two days are the same. I really feel like your experience working at STEP depends on you. I feel like management has really had my back when things have gotten sticky, though I do agree they could be a little more supportive and communicative. All in all I think they’re pretty good and are all friendly, approachable and mostly available. I like that as long as you do your job well, you just do your own thing, make your own schedule, and nobody is micromanaging you. I love that we can provide individual support for each person we work with based on their personal needs and not just some cookie cutter support. There’s a lot of room for personality, individuality and creativity. My experience has been positive.

Pros

Flexibility, Making an Impact, Fun, Good People

Cons

There are always going to be some people who aren’t pleasant to work with at any job
Same role

The managerial apathy

I enjoyed my job and feeling like i was impacting someone's life in a positive manner...Up until i was made to feel like i was constantly unnecessary by a coworker who desperately tried to assert herself as a supervisor; who was borderline abusive to employers; who swore she knew best because these employers were under her thumb for years. Patty Saunders is a see you next...

Pros

Basically paid to be a friend.

Cons

Collin, Anastasia, Patty, Realizing employers are cannon fodder to higher-ups, Nobody truly cares but staff, you're paid well to care
Same location

Very toxic environment

A very toxic environment to work in. Management is too young and inexperienced. There were a lot of messy people who worked there. The main problem is that there was family working there which caused a lot of favoritism.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategies To Empower People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Strategies To Empower People
  • It’s a very high demanding and stressful job!
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?